• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Mary Nakayama above SCP-3812?

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
So, Mary Nakayama holds her position at the upper echelon of the SCP cosmology for good reason; she sees the entire SCP reality as fictional, something that only Her, Swan, Swann's avatars, and SCP-3812 can do, but why is she above 3812?

Her having "holding dominion over reality" and "having control over everything, everything under everything and everything over everything" seems to imply her being above 3812's stack of narratives, right? What else could "everything under everything and everything over everything" mean?

Well, as explained in other tales written by the same author as part of the same canon hub, "Everything Under Everything" actually refers to either magical leylines linking multiple points on Earth together, or to magic in general. Either way, this isn't referring to lower narratives, but magic on the narrative the main story takes place in.

In light of this, isn't it a huge NLF to take "everything over everything" to mean "every single higher narrative"?

From the ley-lines part, she would basically just control all magic, which is about as broad a term as reality warping on RCP

Otherwise, I'd say there's no reason to believe that she's anything other than 1 narrative above the foundation's, because her current description puts her in a position similar to the one that Swann should hold

Well 1 narrative above isn't exactly Swann, 3812 is an unknown number of narratives beyond, and Swann's above the entire narrative stack.

Should Mary get Magic added to her profile for controlling the Everything Under Everything?

that narritive thing was more in relation to that "everything under everything, over everything" thing from the article itself, that, when taken literally, puts her both above and below the infinite narritve stack

Well she isn't herself "Everything under everything and everything over everything", but she has dominio over that.

And while it could put Mary there when taking literally, it could also just put her over Earth and the heavens, or all higher and lower dimensions, or something.

I think the important part is her seeing the SCPverse as fiction, putting her above the All-Mighty and below 3812.

Mary is already transcendent of everything, while 3812 will eventually become so, it has not reached that level yet

How do we know that she's transcendent of everything?

"Everything under everything" doesn't refer to lower narratives, so we have no reason to believe that "Everything over everything" refers to higher narratives.

Seeing reality as fiction is something any higher-narrative being can do, and 3812 is way up there, so he should be way above Mary.

WeeklyBattles said:
Mary is already transcendent of everything, while 3812 will eventually become so, it has not reached that level yet
If anything, it's at best a Low 2-C statement. There is nothing connecting Mary to higher and lower dimensions, nor does she directly scale off of any of the top tier characters.

So, unless you can link me an article where there is a mention of dimensions/narratives or an instance of scaling, she shouldn't have that tier.

In light of this, isn't it a huge NLF to take "everything over everything" to mean "every single higher narrative"?

I wholeheartedly agree, Agnaa. I feel like a number of the God-Tiers suffer from this.

For original canon I'm pretty sure she's just Low 2-C (I've only read her immediate canon hub, that canon hubs actually part of a larger canon hub which may give a larger universe), or possibly 2-C, but for extended canon she should scale to be above anyone below 3812.

Given Weekly's detailed explanation of the god-tiers, most of their placements seem fine, but Mary just needs to be shuffled down a peg and given magic.

Bump.

Cain Fastus said:
Does Mary have plot manip?
Unless I'm linked a tale for Extended Canon;

will attain omnipotence and omniscience, rising to and becoming Godhead. She will span all time and have complete dominion over this Universe and this Reality. Everything, everything under everything and everything over everything, will be at her command. She will gain all necessary mental faculties to process and utilize these abilities while maintaining uninterrupted consciousness.

No. Although she has reality warping.

Honestly I felt like the statement before the NLF "Everything over everything" statement was completely ignored. Nowhere is it implied she has control over higher or lower dimensions or narratives, or even other universes. It's just one universe.

So, at least in Original File Mary is only Low 2-C. As for Extended canon, I'd need a link to how she scales to other God-Tiers.

Iirc, the everything under everything is all magic, which is a term almost as broad as reality warping, both in SCP and out

Dargoo, again, in a tale written by the same author, she sees the reality as a simulation. Mary has no extended canon, extended canon just describes how large this universe is.

It doesn't seem like Mary has plot manip, just probability manip (which is already on her page). Also I'm not too sure about her nigh-omniscience, or where exactly her speed should be.

Extended Canon is on the assumption she scale she to the All Mighty in another tale, which was Weekly's justification for the Tier.

I agree with you completely, however I was just asking for evidence in the EC department because scaling was implied.

Bump.

Bump.

Back