• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is a 7x AP gap considered the bare minimum for a oneshot and is this official?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throughout many threads, I've been told that in order to oneshot someone else, a character's AP had to be 7x that of another's durability. Can anyone confirm this and explain why?

Gap it's x7.5 actually, it's the difference between baseline human level and baseline street level. In theory it should be higher, considering that the baseline wall level was performed by a human.

It doesn't apply for scaling, just vs threads. The idea is that someone like Mike Tyson (a 9-C) would be able to KO or even kill normal people with a straight shot to the face given the chance. However, you can theoretically one shot people at way lower levels of AP (sometimes even being inferior to your opponent) because necks and some other spots are very vulnerable places.

So if an individual was to be able to oneshot someone, he wouldn't scale to being 7x stronger than him? (Just want to make sure before I go around saying something that I misunderstood)

Nope, you can't apply such multiplier in verses. Otherwise you'd be inflating lots of characters in fiction using a non-strict rule considering how much the damage a person can take from someone sometimes stronger or weaker than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back