• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Actually, no. The Stand Arrow doesn't exist in Part 7/8. Nor does Hamon. And there are no feats to support it, nor are there any reasons to assume they are as strong as people they have never encountered.

Except that JoJo stand law dictates that the same stand is the same stand in every way. Even Star Platinum was similar enough to the World to gain time stop, but THE WORLD shouldn't be?

Yobobojojo said:
Except that JoJo stand law dictates that the same stand is the same stand in every way. Even Star Platinum was similar enough to the World to gain time stop, but THE WORLD shouldn't be?
That's in the original timeline. Where was that said in Part 7/8?

You need proof to say that the rules of the verse were overwritten in the new universe. It's not a new continuity or a hard reset as I've said, no reason to assume that.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
You need proof to say that the rules of the verse were overwritten in the new universe. It's not a new continuity or a hard reset as I've said, no reason to assume that.
I already gave my proof. Stands are not acheived in the same way in Part 7/8 as they are in the original timeline.

Also the orignal timeline was hard reset

Not all stands were created through the arrow in the original timeline. It's just the most common way.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Not all stands were created through the arrow in the original timeline. It's just the most common way.
Are there any Stands caused the same way as it is in Part 7/8? They seem to operate on diifferent systems.

And just to boil down the reasoning here, it's

Character A looks like and walks like Character B with the same name, therefore they should scale.

The only thing supporting said logic is that it's in a single verse, but it's an alternate continuity that never interacted with the original.

There should be no assuption that they are the same. Maybe a 'likely', but there is no hard evidence for them being the same other than conjecture.

For example, we have a Killer Queen in Part 8 but we don't do any of this nonsense.

Yobobojojo said:
You do realize WoG says SBR isn't the reset verse though?
Yes. It's a completly different verse entirely. Even more detached from the original.

There is a difference between an alternate timeline and an alternate continuity my dude, especially in a verse that deals with people capable of traveling timelines.

Also Killer Queen (Part 8) acts nothing like its original form.

Yobobojojo said:
Except if the laws were so different, Valentine wouldn't be able to use D4C in them
You're assuming stands being at X strength is dependent on the rules operating on stands, which is not what I'm saying.

Clearly not all stands have the same strength, and stand ratings are inconsistent and unreliable. Ergo, we should only use feats for Parts 7+8 as there is no scaling between them and the original verse.

Give me a single feat or author statement that supports scaling between them and I'll fold immediatly, but "Should be comparable to the original The World" is baseless on its own.

And I'm fine with a "likely" or "possibly" added at the end; we just shouldn't base the ratings entirely on something that cannot be evidenced beyond similarity. For the sake of accuracy, we should look for new feats to work with in the new timeline. Heck, we might find an 8-B one.

@Saik thats why I also called it Hermit Purple #2 (its other name) the point is that even in canon or noncanon, it doesnt function the same way as Hermit Purple.

@Iaptius thats because it was an example.

(Sorry for responding late, I didnt see the thread for some reason.)

Well, it seems like Parts 1-6 are getting downgraded to below part 8 stats unless Prof pulls out more feats.

I agree with this. It should be likely the same, but not exactly the same. If they were the same, Alternate Diego's THE WORLD would be doing barrages and stand leaps instead of using punches similar to King Crimson and relying on items like traps and knives to attack Johnny. (Although he might have been using those just to mess with Johnny)

Dargoo Faust said:
VitaminC23 said:
similar to King Crimso and relying on items like traps and knives to attack Johnny.
44e
..yes, Alternate Diego's The World doesn't use barrages like Crazy Diamond or Star Platinum, and instead opts for one or two powerful punches, like King Crimson performs. During the fight with Johnny, Alternate Diego had also used multiple weapons instead of using his stand (although he might've been using knives for the hell of it)

That's fair actually, now that I think about it. If Tusk Act 4 hits you that's basically eternal spinny damnation right there, assuming you don't just get vaporized lol. I would be careful too. Also, don't forget that Alt Diego got both prep and intel on Johnny

ACT4 is the only being from 5-B to anything above that I can think of that can hit a normal human and don't reduce him to nothing.

He actually usually does, its just that Valentine somehow wasn't. When Diego basically put fangirls between himself and johnny to protect himself, they got ******* reduced to nothing. Now that I think about it, I don't know how Johnny decides who gets ******* nuked and who gets spun into eternal doom

On the topic of The World comparing to its OG timeline self...

Have we considered that not once is there any other MFTL feat in Part 7?

Regardless of whether or not it is meant to be the same, the sheer amount of anti-feats should disqualify anyone in SBR from being MTFL. It's an enormous outlier.

Perhaps only the God tiers of SBR like Johnny with Act 4, Gyro with Ball Breaker, Diego with The World, and Valentine with Love Train should be considered MFTL. None of the anti feats effect them, and they can be scaled to The World if nothing else

I mean, aside from Silver Chariot's feat, there is also not a single MFTL feat in the OG timeline, but we still scale characters from it.

Standuser081 said:
I mean, aside from Silver Chariot's feat, there is also not a single MFTL feat in the OG timeline, but we still scale characters from it.
Joseph and Caesar have an MFTL feat. Kars reacts to light. Star Platinum is stated to be faster than light

Back