• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are One Piece characters so amped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. Ace is listed as 6-B, which is higher than Luffy's post-timeskip base and 2nd gear form. Current luffy, even in his base forrm, is obviously going to mop the floor with Ace that isn't even a question. One of the reasons that he was listed at a 6-B was because he was able to "lightly" damage Whitebeard? How the heck does that scaling work? I want to speak to the manager of this article.

So can I remove the 6-B key on Ace because he has no feats that supports that conclusion
Yeah no, we don't work like that.

You don't just remove whole ratings because 1 person agrees.

You don't have a single knowledgeable member or staff here to accept this.

Seriously. Ace is listed as 6-B, which is higher than Luffy's post-timeskip base and 2nd gear form. Current luffy, even in his base forrm, is obviously going to mop the floor with Ace that isn't even a question.
And if you read the profiles and the name of the keys, you would notice the fact that we do not have a key for Luffy on the roof. Heck, we don't have it for Zoro, Sanji, King, Queen, Scabbards, we don't have Tobiroppo profiles, no Yamato profile, and many other things in the Wano arc yet.
One of the reasons that he was listed at a 6-B was because he was able to "lightly" damage Whitebeard? How the heck does that scaling work? I want to speak to the manager of this article.
Country level (Although weaker than Whitebeard, he could consistently leave burns on his body during his earlier days as a pirate, showing that he shouldn't be too inferior from his durability. Circumvented an attack from Aokiji with his own and matched an attack with Akainu before getting defeated by his elemental superiority. Should be somewhat comparable to his peers, Marco and Jozu)

Don't try to
So can I remove the 6-B key on Ace because he has no feats that supports that conclusion
When his profile has a handful of feats there

And if you read the profiles and the name of the keys, you would notice the fact that we do not have a key for Luffy on the roof. Heck, we don't have it for Zoro, Sanji, King, Queen, Scabbards, we don't have Tobiroppo profiles, no Yamato profile, and many other things in the Wano arc yet.

Country level (Although weaker than Whitebeard, he could consistently leave burns on his body during his earlier days as a pirate, showing that he shouldn't be too inferior from his durability. Circumvented an attack from Aokiji with his own and matched an attack with Akainu before getting defeated by his elemental superiority. Should be somewhat comparable to his peers, Marco and Jozu)

Don't try to

His profile shows a handful of feats? The feats show that he got destroyed by Akainu and blocked one of Aokiji's attack. How does that support the conclusion that he is even close to 6-B?

His profile shows a handful of feats? The feats show that he got destroyed by Akainu and blocked one of Aokiji's attack. How does that support the conclusion that he is even close to 6-B?
Blocking the attack of a 6-B character makes you 6-B.
He didn't get destroyed, he matched his punch, his magma just ate his fire via the fruit advantage, but the comparability is there.

And he burned the dude who scales above a 12 TT value by a large margin.

He scales

Don't try to

Although weaker than Whitebeard, he could consistently leave burns on his body during his earlier days as a pirate, showing that he shouldn't be too inferior from his durability.

Relative durability matters here, Whitebeard is still just a normal human and has never been shown to be inherently fireproof. It makes sense that he gets burnt by Ace's fire, it has nothing to do with AP or durability.

Hell, I have issues with scaling Marco and Jozu to the admirals. Marco visibly struggled and even failed to significantly damage Akainu, despite using haki. Jozu caught Aokiji off-guard and could match him for a bit, but his ability was a natural counter to Aokiji's ice so it makes some sense.

The Admirals are the strongest fighting force the Marines have, why would they even matter if they were so weak compared to Yonko? I mean, if Ace, Jozu and Marco alone can tangle with them seriously. Imagine Kaidou or Big Mom, they should be able to wipe off all the Marines (sans Garp and Sengoku, obv) quite easily. Yet Kizaru showed no hesitation whatsoever in going to Wano along with a fleet to deal with both of them.

Ace's tier in my opinion, should be reversed with Fujitora. He should be 6-B (as an Admiral, he shouldn't be too far behind the others) and Ace should be 7-B. Granted I haven't read the Ace novel so maybe he deserves 6-C like what King has, but he definitely is not Admiral level.

According to who?
There is no reason to suggest that he is behind Akainu, Aokiji and Kizaru. He may lack the feats for it but nothing otherwise has demonstrated him to be weaker. Even if he was, I don't see why he'd be 7-B in any case. That'd put him weaker than a lot of Commanders. At bare minimum, I think he deserves at least 6-C rating.

What's this being based on?
What do you mean? The world of OP acts on a power scale. The Marines and Yonko are too powerful for each other to destroy (I mean, Marineford alone was a struggle for the former faction, and that was against an ailing albeit very powerful Yonko).

If someone like Kaido could slap away all 3 Admirals, why do the Marines matter? Yes, Garp and Sengoku exist but still. I find it hard to believe the Marines would be as big of a force if the Admirals were so damn weak. I mean, Blackbeard shortly after Marineford had to run from Akainu and clearly feared an encounter with him DESPITE having two of, arguably the most powerful Devil Fruit in OP.

Although weaker than Whitebeard, he could consistently leave burns on his body during his earlier days as a pirate, showing that he shouldn't be too inferior from his durability.

Relative durability matters here, Whitebeard is still just a normal human
You wanna make him average human level since he's a regular human, huh?
and has never been shown to be inherently fireproof. It makes sense that he gets burnt by Ace's fire, it has nothing to do with AP or durability.
He swatted a magma attack from Akainu.

If you read the place of the feat in the novel instead of just randomly hating on a character, they blatantly note it as a serious feat.
acestory_v2.png
Screen_Shot_2021-11-12_at_7.22.04_PM.png

Hell, I have issues with scaling Marco and Jozu to the admirals. Marco visibly struggled and even failed to significantly damage Akainu, despite using haki. Jozu caught Aokiji off-guard and could match him for a bit, but his ability was a natural counter to Aokiji's ice so it makes some sense.
Marco is stated to be equal to the admirals. Marco blocked a punch from Akainu. Marco broke Aokiji's weapon. Marco fought Big Mom.

Aokiji noticed Jozu and turned himself to ice before he hit him and still drew blood. Jozu fought him off screen for a long period of time.

Their skirmish with Akainu is not an AP encounter, it's a haki encounter of failing to land a hit on Akainu.

Ace's ability is not a natural counter. Aokiji's ice could fight and be near the presence of Akainu who's heat is hot enough to melt/vaporize steel.
The Admirals are the strongest fighting force the Marines have, why would they even matter if they were so weak compared to Yonko? I mean, if Ace, Jozu and Marco alone can tangle with them seriously. Imagine Kaidou or Big Mom, they should be able to wipe off all the Marines (sans Garp and Sengoku, obv) quite easily. Yet Kizaru showed no hesitation whatsoever in going to Wano along with a fleet to deal with both of them.

Ace's tier in my opinion, should be reversed with Fujitora. He should be 6-B (as an Admiral, he shouldn't be too far behind the others) and Ace should be 7-B. Granted I haven't read the Ace novel so maybe he deserves 6-C like what King has, but he definitely is not Admiral level.
Your entire opinion is opinionated. You didn't bring a single fact except the Kizaru thing,

Nobody said they're weak compared to Yonko. They all scale above the same value.

If your argument says "should", then it shouldn't hold any weight unless it's backed up by fact.

What's this being based on?
Let's not forget during that Kizaru offered to go to Wano to deal with Kaido and Big Mom's alliance. He didn't ask for help (though he would've likely had a Fleet and perhaps some Vice Admiral support).

Akainu only hesitated because he didn't know how strong Wano samurai were, not because he feared Kizaru being one shot like a chump by either Yonko.

Let's not forget during that Kizaru offered to go to Wano to deal with Kaido and Big Mom's alliance. He didn't ask for help (though he would've likely had a Fleet and perhaps some Vice Admiral support).

Akainu only hesitated because he didn't know how strong Wano samurai were, not because he feared Kizaru being one shot like a chump by either Yonko.
And Marco fought Kizaru 1v1 for a long period of time.

What is the argument?

And Marco fought Kizaru 1v1 for a long period of time.

What is the argument?
So what was Kizaru thinking when he offered to go to Wano? Was he feeling very suicidal that morning, or is he very arrogant in his own ability?

Or is there a reason for both Akainu and Kizaru to think that the latter could handle 2 Yonko?

So what was Kizaru thinking when he offered to go to Wano? Was he feeling very suicidal that morning, or is he very arrogant in his own ability?

Or is there a reason for both Akainu and Kizaru to think that the latter could handle 2 Yonko?
They're all in the same ballpark. Nobody stomps one another.

luffy-akainu.gif

here's luffy blitzing and overwhelming the absolute pond scum fodder admiral Akainu is

With how the wiki works with dealing in absolutes, it's hard to just place and drop One Pieces characters into the system. With how One Piece is on VBW now, Ace at worst turns Fujitora into fine red mist with his pinky finger. A lot of cope is going to happen regarding One Piece's overall power struggle after wano.

So Kizaru can fight 2 Yonko then? Because Akainu didn't seem concerned about sending a single Admiral against them, only that the samurai of Wano were a wild card.
You take everything as a powerscaling thing.

You don't know if he was gonna go assassinate them both off guard. Also he has dura neg.

He struggled with Rayleigh who's below the Yonko.

And this is derailing. This has nothing to do with Ace

My point being that using your logic, Marco should be an absolute game changer in Wano for being on par with Kizaru. He should be able to handle both Kaido and Big Mom no prob as Kizaru seemingly is capable of doing. Or at the very least, defeat one of them.

You don't know if he was gonna go assassinate them both off guard. Also he has dura neg.

My point is that OP scaling on this wiki is absolutely abysmal. One Piece is not DBZ where a much weaker character is going to 99% of times lose to a stronger one.

OP is all about your ability and yes, power to some extent. Marco has a unique devil fruit which makes him hard to fight, hence why he was able to match Kizaru. His phoenix DF was pretty effective against Kizaru's Pika Pika no mi. Jozu likewise naturally countered Aokiji's ice so they both were good fits for the admirals they fought.

But against Akainu, Marco struggled and Vista who was matching Mihawk (although I doubt the latter was going all out) could barely do anything.

It makes more sense for those two to be on par with strong fellow commanders such as King and Katakuri. But to put them on the same level as the Admirals is ridiculous. This applies to Ace as well.

Also Rayleigh was the right hand man of the Pirate King himself, yes he's old and would lose to any yonko in a fight (as he would've against Kizaru.) He's still powerful and skilled enough to handle an Admiral for a few minutes. It's hardly a bad feat for Kizaru but rather a good feat for Rayleigh.

My point is that OP scaling on this wiki is absolutely abysmal. One Piece is not DBZ where a much weaker character is going to 99% of times lose to a stronger one.
You’re upset that certain people have feats of scaling.
OP is all about your ability and yes, power to some extent. Marco has a unique devil fruit which makes him hard to fight, hence why he was able to match Kizaru. His phoenix DF was pretty effective against Kizaru's Pika Pika no mi.
And they fought for a long period of time.
What, you think Marco just stood there and took hits for the entire encounter?
Jozu likewise naturally countered Aokiji's ice so they both were good fits for the admirals they fought.
Jozu didn't counter anything. He tackled him and drew blood.
But against Akainu, Marco struggled and Vista who was matching Mihawk (although I doubt the latter was going all out) could barely do anything.
They failed to hurt him. Not because of an AP advantage, but because of failing to negate his logia powers.
It makes more sense for those two to be on par with strong fellow commanders such as King and Katakuri. But to put them on the same level as the Admirals is ridiculous. This applies to Ace as well.
"Fellow commanders".

We don't scale by rank. We scale by feats, which all of them have.
Also Rayleigh was the right hand man of the Pirate King himself, yes he's old and would lose to any yonko in a fight (as he would've against Kizaru.) He's still powerful and skilled enough to handle an Admiral for a few minutes. It's hardly a bad feat for Kizaru but rather a good feat for Rayleigh.
Marco's the right hand of Whitebeard. You didn't say this there.

All I see is rank scaling, which is false.

And they fought for a long period of time.

They failed to hurt him. Not because of an AP advantage, but because of failing to negate his logia powers.

"Fellow commanders".

All I see is rank scaling, which is false.

Where? I haven't seen any good feat of scaling.

His DF was a natural counter to Kizaru's. If it was Kizaru vs Jozu, then the result would've been rather easily a victory for Kizaru. If it was Marco vs Aokiji, Marco just flies away lmao. Kizaru had a bad match-up.

Aokiji was visibly caught off-guard, he had mere seconds to react to Jozu. It's no wonder he took damage.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't haki and AP go hand in hand? If I, an average human, punch Akainu with full mastery of armament haki, I still shouldn't be expected to do anything. But Garp, being the immensely powerful bastard that he is, should punch clean through Akainu (this is debatable but beyond the scope of this post). If Marco and Vista were on par with Akainu, then they with their AP and haki should naturally be able to hurt Akainu.

Do you think Aokiji is fodder compared to Akainu? Because he took damage from Jozu who is on par with Marco and Vista. While the latter two could not harm Akainu.

"Fellow commanders".

Therein lies an inherent problem, for One Piece itself scales by rank. The only two outliers I know to this rule are Garp (who has an actual stated reason for being Vice Admiral), Buggy (who should be the Pirate King, logically) and I guess Mihawk. Everyone else fits neatly into their rank. I'm not saying generalise and scale persons SOLELY off of rank. But it does help quite a bit.

The pirate crews of old were on a different level than the new gen, that shouldn't be a controversial statement. The Rocks Pirates, Roger's crew, Shiki (who's clash with prime Garp and Sengoku destroyed half of Marineford), etc. Rayleigh was apart of the older generation and shouldn't have been too far behind prime Roger. The same guy who fought alongside Garp to crush the Rocks pirates. How do you not get the gap between someone like him and Marco?

Yes, Whitebeard is apart of the old gen too but Marco was not his right hand during the old era. Marco's simply of a different breed and there is no evidence to suggest he is even vaguely on par with Rayleigh.

Let's not forget btw that Kizaru found difficulty against Marco because of his DF, a quick look to their fight on youtube shows that. While Rayleigh was POUND per POUND matching Kizaru.

P.S I'm a manga reader and haven't really watched the anime, how valid are scenes such as this to overall canon? I.e how are they treated in VSBW:

Where? I haven't seen any good feat of scaling
Burning someone and wounding them to where they need medical attention = scaling. The OP said no.

His DF was a natural counter to Kizaru's. If it was Kizaru vs Jozu, then the result would've been rather easily a victory for Kizaru. If it was Marco vs Aokiji, Marco just flies away lmao. Kizaru had a bad match-up.
Everything you just said is based on nothing.

Aokiji was visibly caught off-guard, he had mere seconds to react to Jozu. It's no wonder he took damage.
Kenbun user who used it to dodge a stab from WB and sees Jozu before he hits him and is shown to turn his face to ice in preparation for his attack is apparently off guard

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't haki and AP go hand in hand? If I, an average human, punch Akainu with full mastery of armament haki, I still shouldn't be expected to do anything. But Garp, being the immensely powerful bastard that he is, should punch clean through Akainu (this is debatable but beyond the scope of this post). If Marco and Vista were on par with Akainu, then they with their AP and haki should naturally be able to hurt Akainu.ergo
You misunderstood everything I said.

They failed to turn him tangible enough to hurt him, which is why he just reformed from his wounds in his logia state.
Whereas someone like WB with superior Haki could hit him regularly.

Do you think Aokiji is fodder compared to Akainu? Because he took damage from Jozu who is on par with Marco and Vista. While the latter two could not harm Akainu.
No, I think Aokiji is a goat compared to Akainu, and Jozu, Marco, and Vista are up there on his level
"Fellow commanders".

Therein lies an inherent problem, for One Piece itself scales by rank. The only two outliers I know to this rule are Garp (who has an actual stated reason for being Vice Admiral), Buggy (who should be the Pirate King, logically) and I guess Mihawk. Everyone else fits neatly into their rank. I'm not saying generalise and scale persons SOLELY off of rank. But it does help quite a bit.
One Piece doesn't scale by rank.

Vice Admirals don't even scale by rank. They're all superior to each other.

Doflamingo's executives don't scale by rank.

The calamities don't scale by rank.

Whitebeard's crew doesn't scale by rank.

The pirate crews of old were on a different level than the new gen, that shouldn't be a controversial statement. The Rocks Pirates, Roger's crew, Shiki (who's clash with prime Garp and Sengoku destroyed half of Marineford), etc. Rayleigh was apart of the older generation and shouldn't have been too far behind prime Roger. The same guy who fought alongside Garp to crush the Rocks pirates. How do you not get the gap between someone like him and Marco?
Everything you said was opinionated.

Marco was a kid when he, Oden, and WB, fought against Roger's crew for 3 days, then he got stronger over a 20 year gap.

Marco fought Big Mom who fought Kaido who fought Oden who fought Whitebeard. There is no huge gap.

Offsite scaling has it to where this is the meta.

1. Pirate King
2. Yonko
3. Admirals and Old Gen Commanders
4. Commanders
5. Lower Commanders
6. Everybody else

Shiki's crew was full of fodder except him. WB's crew was full of everybody on his crew now except Oden, and he was still one of the strongest crews.
The Rocks is a clear outlier to this fact. Roger's crew is full of a bunch of randoms except Rayleigh and Gaban.

You keep scaling off of "should be"s and it's based on nothing except that. You haven't proved... anything in fact.
Yes, Whitebeard is apart of the old gen too but Marco was not his right hand during the old era. Marco's simply of a different breed and there is no evidence to suggest he is even vaguely on par with Rayleigh.
Marco ~ Kizaru ~ Rayleigh
Let's not forget btw that Kizaru found difficulty against Marco because of his DF, a quick look to their fight on youtube shows that. While Rayleigh was POUND per POUND matching Kizaru.
That was a small portion of their fight, not the entire thing.
P.S I'm a manga reader and haven't really watched the anime, how valid are scenes such as this to overall canon? I.e how are they treated in VSBW:

That's in the manga as well. Doesn't mean much unless it's stated in the manga.

You can't put One Piece in a shoebox where X is stronger than the other, it's not a one size fits all. This is not Dragon Ball where one person is stronger than the other and a simple transformation puts you massively superior to your opponent completely. OP is fundamentally ran on strengths and weaknesses, influence and presentation also play a major factor.

For instance, before the God Valley incident, people thought Sengoku was 'saving' Garp from being killed by Akainu. They thought he was advancing on Akainu out of bloodlust and wasn't thinking clearly, so him saying he'll kill Sakuzaki was based on pure emotions, backed by nothing. Despite Garp being hyped up previously as the Hero of the Marines and on a completely different level from everyone else. Garp at that point however, lacked feats so I suppose it doesn't count. Akainu would've one shot the guy. Shanks must be pretty weak as well considering he lacks any significant feats.

One Piece is ran on motives and beliefs.

You get promoted to Fleet Admiral via Ideology.
You become a Yonko by owning territory, a fleet, and having a name for yourself.
You get a higher bounty by the actions you commit in the world and the impact of your ideology against the WG.

Garp knocked Marco out of mid air, same Marco who blocked a punch from Akainu. He's definitely someone to not mess around with.
Shanks clashed with WB and blocked an angry Akainu with even the databook noting is as a significant feat.

We aren't the "scale by presentation" Wiki. We scale with feats, statements, and calcs.

If someone doesn't have a feat, a statement, or a good reason to scale to somebody, we don't scale them.
Which is why Dragon has no rating, and he has no profile anymore, lack of feats.

Guys i just wanted to point a thing about Ace (tbh not many realized this) Ace was nerfed in Marine ford because we all know that he was tortured for days/weeks and when he got out he immediately fought akoji and akainu (like honestly he didnt even recover from his torture) so in conclusion Ace wasn't full power because he was tortured

Bro this has arguments that are just repetitive, tempest has already debunked these arguments, and it's simply becoming opinionated at this point. This is literally one of the main reasons I've become inactive on this wiki, because people can't even argue and repeat the same opinionative shit over and over. The OP has already been debunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back