• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who's Destined to Win? Medaka Kurokami vs Makoto Muraki

Medaka stomps? Transmutation is out of character for Makoto with him only using it on characters he already had a history of disliking and never using it in a fight, His first move will literally be to approach Medaka and throw a punch... From then on, there are infinite things that Medaka can do to incapacitate/kill him.

Medaka stomps? Transmutation is out of character for Makoto with him only using it on characters he already had a history of disliking and never using it in a fight, His first move will literally be to approach Medaka and throw a punch... From then on, there are infinite things that Medaka can do to incapacitate/kill him.
As I said earlier, Medaka is pretty much the same, except her bullshit being out of character is more strongly established. Makoto has just one-shot everyone he's ever actually fought, so he's only brought out hax for people he hated, or for weird situations where the hax directly serves another goal. Like, I kinda think him not using that is conjecture based on him being too strong.

But for Medaka, we're repeatedly told that she'd let the opponent get the first move (and we see her sometimes give the first few moves, or even stop attacking mid-battle to let the opponent get off moves), and we only see her use actually haxxy stuff against a dude that Ajimu was terrified of, that's immune to everything, and that had nearly killed multiple of her friends.

I'll still count your vote regardless :3

Also Makoto's profile has weird little probably unintentional Smurf quirk in it's powernull that links to dimensional manipulation.
Oh ye, I forgot to mention, before the new smurf standards that would've just been considered non-smurf since it wouldn't have qualified for tier 2/1. Nowadays it might be considered a bit of smurf range; it could work on 4-D characters, but wouldn't bypass resistances on other tier 10-3 characters.

As I said earlier, Medaka is pretty much the same, except her bullshit being out of character is more strongly established. Makoto has just one-shot everyone he's ever actually fought, so he's only brought out hax for people he hated, or for weird situations where the hax directly serves another goal. Like, I kinda think him not using that is conjecture based on him being too strong.

But for Medaka, we're repeatedly told that she'd let the opponent get the first move (and we see her sometimes give the first few moves, or even stop attacking mid-battle to let the opponent get off moves), and we only see her use actually haxxy stuff against a dude that Ajimu was terrified of, that's immune to everything, and that had nearly killed multiple of her friends.

I'll still count your vote regardless :3
That's the point, Medaka can stay still because his blows won't do anything to her and a chop to his neck ends everything.

And the story doesn't give any reason why Makoto doesn't use Hax in battle, what is a fact is that the only time he used it was to get closer to the target, anything else is not confirmed.

That's the point, Medaka can stay still because his blows won't do anything to her and a chop to his neck ends everything.
Fair enough.
And the story doesn't give any reason why Makoto doesn't use Hax in battle, what is a fact is that the only time he used it was to get closer to the target, anything else is not confirmed.
You seem to be treating it as if the story makes him reluctant to use hax, but this isn't really true.
  1. He seems to have flown around for fun.
  2. Tortured some people by sealing pencils in their foreheads for bullying his girlfriend.
  3. Transmuted and BFR'd some people for getting too close to his girlfriend.
  4. Repeatedly threatened to mindhax some people for taking him to a place he didn't want to go.
  5. Threatened to use telekinesis to help himself hijack a plane.
  6. Silenced all noises on a floor because his ears were hurting.
  7. Nullified a barrier an enemy made after defeating them.
I think, given this abundant use in other situations, he probably hasn't used hax "in fights" because he never needs to.

But if that doesn't convince ya it is what it is, I don't think I'd have anything more to add.

Last edited:
You seem to be treating it as if the story makes him reluctant to use hax, but this isn't really true.
  1. He seems to have flown around for fun.
  2. Tortured some people by sealing pencils in their foreheads for bullying his girlfriend.
  3. Transmuted and BFR'd some people for getting too close to his girlfriend.
  4. Repeatedly threatened to mindhax some people for taking him to a place he didn't want to go.
  5. Threatened to use telekinesis to help himself hijack a plane.
  6. Silenced all noises on a floor because his ears were hurting.
  7. Nullified a barrier an enemy made after defeating them.
I think, given this abundant use in other situations, he probably hasn't used hax "in fights" because he never needs to.
It's not my point, much less contradicts it.

Makoto never used Hax in battle regardless of XYZ reason that we can come up with to justify this, It doesn't change that he never used it and that the story itself never gave a justification, the justifications that readers can come up with are only speculations regardless of how logical they are.

Back