• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who do you think will win the next DEATH BATTLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperKamiNappa said:
I don't personlly mind that they don't use powerscaling, they outright said they don't use it in the first Goku vs Superman episode. but sometimes it doesn't work.
Except they have used power-scaling several times before. In the Fulgore vs Sektor fight they said that it took both Jago and Orchid to defeat Fulgore whereas Sektor has been humiliated by Sub-Zero over and over again. Assuming that one character must be equal to another purely for matching another in combat is the very definition of power-scaling and in that case it wasn't even good power-scaling. They said that Orchid defeated the demi-god Eyedol (which was also a deciding factor in the Ivy vs Orchid match-up) and therefore Fulgore is instantly more powerful than Sektor as a result, but multiple official sources have all stated that Eyedol was in a severely weakened state when he fought Orchid. Plus I'm sure that Sub-Zero could defeat both Orchid and Jago simultaneously.

In Epyon vs Tigerzord, again they just assumed that all of the feats of other Power Rangers were directly applicable to the White Ranger, again scaling and not very good at that.

In Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom again they applied scaling to Doctor Doom based on all the people that he's faced, which as we all know is not a good idea. I agree with the outcome of that particular fight, but you get the idea.

In the Goku vs Superman match-up it was clear that the lack of power-scaling was done (just like everything else) in order to give Superman the win

well i loved mid season 2 my fav fight was dante vs bayonetta (though i disagree with the results tbh) deadpool vs deathstroke was well done and snake vs sam fisher was something i can watch multiple times though there are a lot of things that could be said for other battles GvS is a prime sample they don't really know what a NLF really is (DvB is somewhat like that but you get what i mean) but all i watch it for is the animation not really for the results due to losing credibility after the first GvS but eh

@Nibbler Well you should check out the discussing Death Battle Podcast because they show you why those fights were wrong.

Edit

@ZZ Actually many of the ones you mentioned were incorrect Dante vs Bayo was wrong. And astroboy's stats are acuallu lower than megaman by a very small margin.

How exactly is Dante a more capable fighter again? Also look at our profiles to see why Bowser vs Ganon was a fiasco.

Clank may still have time-stop immunity because he's a zoni, but he no longer has time manipulation as he gave the chronoscepter to Sigmund, and they left out a ton about Jak, like how he can reflect projectiles. They even forgot that the Mass Inverter paralyzes victims. Ratchet should've been completely vulnerable to Jak's super nova when he was caught in the Mass Inverter's zero gravity fields. Plus Jak can regenerate eco over time with Eco Regen. It never runs out forever. Also Clank's durability isn't that high, he'd be an easy kill especially if Dark Jak used his Dark Blast which extends lightning out to destroy any nearby machinery and vehicles. Without Clank, nothing would save Ratchet from Jak's time hax, and since Clank would be an easy kill for Jak anyways he'd take out Ratchet with no problem either.

Ganon's immunity to anything but sacred weapons is an NLF, plus he's been killed by regular weapons in the Zelda Oracle games.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@ZZ Actually many of the ones you mentioned were incorrect Dante vs Bayo was wrong. And astroboy's stats are acuallu lower than megaman by a very small margin.
How exactly is Dante a more capable fighter again? Also look at our profiles to see why Bowser vs Ganon was a fiasco.
I didn't write that Nibbler3100 did I tried to quote it but something went wrong.

I disagree with those battles as well and when I ended my comment I suggested the dicussing Death Battle Podcast to give an explaination on why those matches are wrong

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
I migrated to Cartoon Fight Club myself lol.
But they do have decent episodes. Also uh i dunno who will win.
Ugh. I've been attacked and harrassed by Rewind's fanboys and I can't get past the cringe factor of that show.

Regardless of what people think of his Goku vs Superman (as that's the only episode people tend to cite as him being better than Death Battle... because that episode was 100% set up to counter them after Super cemented his confidence), he's been capable of making mistakes just as bad as they do, in some areas even worse.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
You mean like ssg goku losing to saitama?
CFC didn't give Goku Ssj God for... whatever reason (despite him having it against every other character on the show, including Naruto). Regardless, pre-Super Goku would still wipe the floor with Saitama.

Then there's mistakes like NLF Thanos, "Goku's Instant Transmission beats Sonic's limitless speed," "Ichigo wins because he has a sword," or Silver beating Rosalina.

So when people say that they prefer CFC for research sake, I'm not seeing it. Not to mention the completely rando episodes like Markiplier vs Pewdiepie and Kermit vs Elmo or meme focused ones. It's like if every 3 episodes of Death Battle they had a Bieber vs Black esque matchup.

Anyways, even if Death Battle didn't include some things, I still think they got the result right in the end for RandC vs JandD.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
You mean like ssg goku losing to saitama?
Blech that was bad lol. But wasn't it Buu Saga Goku not SSJG?
Either way it's still wrong. "Immeasurable isn't infinite, but it's the next best thing!" By that logic Ssj God would lose to Saitama.

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
I don't understeand why people threat Death Battle's research as if it was a big deal. They ALWAYS Been bad with research.
Yeah but I think their worst deathbattle research is Tifa vs Yang which was mentioned already. They either nerfed Tifa or buffed Yang. It's like comparing an ant to a person.

Animation rewind isn't prefect either but they do admit to their mistakes and are willing to correct them if they were that bad. remember goku vs Naruto the first well he admitted to the mistakes. Saitama vs goku he admitted they rushed it. Mario vs sonic obvious reasons. Ironman vs Samus they didn't give Samus her strongest suit and they admit they got it wrong.

Idk how they're gonna do Flash vs Quicksilver now it's quite obvious Flash completely outclasses him so my idea is they're putting them in a neutral ground where Flash has no access to the speedforce therefore evening the playing field giving QS the win for better Technique & Combat Skill

So what will you people do if quicksilver wins because they wank quicksilver and downplay and debunk every feat flash had making him featless or under quicksilvers wanked level

FireMaxPyro said:
@Nibbler, that's bullshit. They have to include what Flash has. Of course he'll have the speed force.
I mean in the crossover they did Flash entered the marvel universe and couldnt use it but he still kept up with quicksilver

I think they got several of them right. But even then, some of their reasoning was pretty strange.

Saying Kirby beat Buu because of the whole frying pan thing? Really? Kirby is VASTLY superior to Buu in every way, but of all things, they decide to use THAT as part of their argument?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I think they got several of them right. But even then, some of their reasoning was pretty strange.
Saying Kirby beat Buu because of the whole frying pan thing? Really? Kirby is VASTLY superior to Buu in every way, but of all things, they decide to use THAT as part of their argument?

People downplay Kirby and wank Buu to great degrees, so people complaining over that isn't to be unexpected.

As a Kirby fan who read the YouTube comments, Darkanine is right. Inb4 Kirby does to six hits from a Waddle Dee.

that guy is patchetic.

Dude calculated by some his broken logic & math that new 52 superman can destroy 32k solar system and that's because he was able to lift weight of earth for 5 straight days.So this is how he calculated it,so 5 days turn into seconds = 432 000 seconds and he assumed Superman was lifting once per second,you get total weight of 432 000 earths,then he said Solar system has 13 or 14 planets (he thinks total mass of ss is earth weight * number of planets,yet alone sun is 99,98% of total ss mass),and then he divided 432 000 with 13 or 14 to get 32 000 solar system.So he thinks new 52 can lift 32k ss which automaticaly means he can destroy 32k ss and that's also his durability.Just watch Goku vs new 52 on that CFC

I'm not sure if you're getting the point...? The thing I'm saying is that Kirby has vastly superior feats to the frying pan feat, so why use that of all things?

I know Kirby is downlplayed like crazy. I've seen people say he dies from spike pits.

Strmi said:
that guy is patchetic.
I think CFC is pretty odd too. The show uses way too much Sanic for me to take it seriously. At least Death Battle has admirable animation, while CFC is just cringe-worthy all across the board and does way too many matchups that we really don't need. The only reason I subscribed is because I want to see how hilariously bad the next animation is going to be. But CFC is willing to respond and take criticism, so I'll give him that.

Darkanine said:
ArbitraryNumbers said:
People downplay Kirby and wank Buu to great degrees, so people complaining over that isn't to be unexpected.
Given that it's Dragon Ball Z, that's bound to be expected. A number of anime-based channels couldn't begin to comprehend the concept of Buu losing to cute little Kirby.

He did say that he wasn't including the sun skod next Kirby vs buu as far as I can tell it was removed from Kirby wins and the thread is still continuing so no you cannot call a win

Cfc is pretty accurate but yes as discussed above they take nlf's as actual data like for this most recent battle of Naruto vs Ichigo I have no clue how they managed to get Ichigo's Bankai Speed to barely faster than the s.o.l.

Since Ratchet won the battle. Which one of you feel it was accurate or inaccurate?

I had the feeling they would still give Clank the time abilities to balance out Light Jak's one way to victory. And they didn't even feel like giving Ratchet his fullest arsenal for balancing reasons.

Azure Warrior said:
Since Ratchet won the battle. Which one of you feel it was accurate or inaccurate?

I had the feeling they would still give Clank the time abilities to balance out Light Jak's one way to victory. And they didn't even feel like giving Ratchet his fullest arsenal for balancing reasons.
I think it's a bit inaccurate. I don't feel like it was too biased, but it was definitely a bit biased. 1. due to the movie and game, 2. MaxOfFewTrades (The researcher they took the most info from) admitted he played R&C more, and they left out a lot of info on Jak too. Like how he can deflect projectiles with a spin, the Mass Inerter paralyzes victims so Ratchet shouldn't have been able to block the super nova after the mass inerter got him. Just stuff like that. Dark Jak could one shot Clank with the dark blast too since it destroys nearby vehicles and machines. But instead they went with the Dark Bomb which is just a shockwave.

If everything was included, I do agree there's no solid answer and that it could go either way, but I do lean more towards Jak and Daxter due to Jak being more capable on his own while Ratchet relies on Clank for a lot of things and is an easy kill for Jak. Without Clank, Ratchet has no jetpack or ability to e saved from time-stop. Without Daxter or Clank, Jak would win, but with the sidekicks added it could go either way.

And what about you Vortex Grenade can create a black hole and suck Jak?

A hole destroys all matter and even the speed of light can not échaper. Jak does not move at this speed or even a power to stoper a black hole. I lean more towards Ratchet lol

Just wanted to say that I agreed with Yang v Tiffa. And also I agree that Ratchet would get the edge.

I mean their explnation. But I am biased because I am a RWBY fan.Yet their explination was logical to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back