• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

White Face Ability Downgrades

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Well, White Face seems to have some abilities that are flat-out wrong, and others that seem to stem from hasty assumption. So, let's dive in!

Removals
1. Nonexistent Physiology: White Face exists. The claim that he lacks a file is just outright and provably wrong. Here is White Face's folder. But at this point, the folder is empty, so maybe is doesn't exist after all, just not on a fundamental level? Nope. Here is his heart. He even claims that he "cannot hide (his) heart anymore", implying he was just hiding his true self, instead of being nonexistent. There isn't much to say about this one.

2. Immortality (Type 5): He got this by being nonexistent. Now that he doesn't have nonexistent physiology, he doesn't have this Immortality type. Short, sweet, and to the point.

3. Void Manipulation: While I don't content that he can erase things, the functionality of how he erases things is questionable. Erasing something is Existence Erasure unless the attack uses a void to accomplish this. This is a very easy mix-up and is easily confused, so this isn't a big deal.

4. Regenerationn: After you delete White Face's heart, he is gone. The world changes back, his curse is ended, and he doesn't return unless you re-download the entire game. Once he is gone, he is gone, which isn't Mid-Godly.

5. Conceptual Manipulation: I didn't get to participate in the original thread that granted WF this, so I have to make my peace with a Downgrade instead. While it is true that the files determine the characteristics of things in the game, this is a fundamental aspect of information manipulation. Being able to change the information of something, especially a singular object like a specific gun, is not indicative of changing the concept of "gun-ness". Until changing the actual concept of something like "gun-ness" instead of changing a singular object, without explanation instead of assumption, I don't think he should have Conceptual Manipulation.

Nerfs
1. Power Nullification: When suppressing the player, WF does indeed null the player's time manipulation. However, to my knowledge, that is all he nulls. Furthermore, "nulling to the point of paralysis" is just ridiculous. Unless that is stated, assuming such incredibly potency for power nullification is a major leap in logic.

Additions
1. Paralysis Inducement: He stopped the player from moving. Instead of being obscenely strong power nullification, it is likely that his power null is stacked with Paralysis inducement, similar to the functionality of Altair's 66th Movement.

2. Existence Erasure: This comes from the removal of Void Manip. While he erases things, this is the power that default comes from erasure, not Void Manipulation. As a result, he should gain this in place of Void Manip.

At first glance, this seems fine. Should I message Saikou to see his opinion on the topic?

OpMasada said:
Yes, make rimuru a winner again.
I just don't want rimuru winning via Stomps mainly...I actually want a fair one-on-one match, but it's hard because there isn't a WHOLE lot of Tier 4 or Tier 2 characters that can outhax him

DMB 1 said:
Let's not derail this into a "who's the strongest 2.C" thread.
My bad, that wasn't intentional....it's just that it's not that easy to find a fair match for Rimuru with a similarly tiered character

I haven't played Imscared but this all makes sense.

He should probably get a resistance to EE via "hiding its heart" from the erasure, or something along those lines if regen goes

@Kal

Wouldn't that just be perception alteration/illusion creation? Once the player found him he was erased no problem.

I guess? Metafiction isn't my area really.

You could say that it's protecting it, which is why you can't delete it as first, or that he is simply making you think that it isn't there.

Well "protecting" isn't really a power unless we determine how it is protected. My personal interpretation would be Perception/Illusion creation, as it shouldn't be something like forcefield creation.

Well, white face said he was hiding it, so i'm led to believe it's something other than resistance, but like kaltias I don't know how to apply metafictional stuff like this as a power.

I was imagining something like the trick of the rabbit in the hat, if you know it.

Except that the hat is a file and the rabbit is a heart. But at the end of the day, it's kind of unknown, so I'm neutral about what it should be

Maybe there should just be a note stating he is capable of hiding his heart from the sight of others?

OpMasada said:
Maybe there should just be a note stating he is capable of hiding his heart from the sight of others?
So in this proposal you would either need to scare White Face into revealing himself or use Clairvoyace to identify the heart?

Assaltwaffle said:
OpMasada said:
So in this proposal you would either need to scare White Face into revealing himself or use Clairvoyace to identify the heart?
Hmm, it would have to be really good imo. At least beyond simply seeing things more accurately or farther than others.

I agree with almost everything. One thing tho.

White Face is able to prevent the player from running by "breaking your shift key" which is more removing one's ability to carry out an action than causing a physical ailment.

I think this is more in line with Power Null than Status effect inducement and if him immobilizing the player works in a similar manner, it would be powernull as well.

Not really, no. The player can see the information of anything and couldn't see it regardless. Plus, he hid it well enough that erasing his folder doesn't do anything.

Also, he shows you your heart more out of giving up than fear. He knows the game will be over, and after a few times that you come back he simply gives up. He was much more afraid before revealing his heart, after he shows it he is in a somber acceptance.

It's still not resistance to erasure. Resistance to erasure implies he can resist the actual act of erasing, not just avoid it happening.

I do agree that Information Analysis wouldn't allow you to see it, but good levels of clairvoyance should allow you to see him.

I mean, giod enough information analysis would also allow it, nlf is a thing that aplies to stuff like this too.

But I don't know how you would define it. His folder is being erased without him dying, I guess it could be immortality type 8.

If the Player can't Erase WF before he can't "hide his heart" it's like a Attack Redirection for EE or another stuff

Dunno if this is a Resistance, it's pretty weird

@Cau No? He is just hiding the target of the players EE, not affecting that ability itself.

Back