• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

White Face Ability Downgrades

I am neutral on the Power null nerf and would really like to see what Saikou has to say on that matter.

One thing I'll say is that I think White Face breaking the shift key should be acknowledged as an application of his power null.

Andytrenom said:
I agree with almost everything. One thing tho.

White Face is able to prevent the player from running by "breaking your shift key" which is more removing one's ability to carry out an action than causing a physical ailment.

I think this is more in line with Power Null than Status effect inducement and if him immobilizing the player works in a similar manner, it would be powernull as well.
That's negation

Negation usually prevents the activation of an ability, but not always: sometimes it can be used against continous abilities, like Attack Reflection or Invulnerability.

Neither is true here. He is neither nullifying or stopping it's activation. He is simply hiding his data from being erased.

It's not that the player can't, it that they don't know where to erase.

@Ricsi Ummm. We are talking about White Face breaking the shift key, not hiding his heart.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Neither is true here. He is neither nullifying or stopping it's activation. He is simply hiding his data from being erased.
It's not that the player can't, it that they don't know where to erase.
This sounds very game-mechanic based, kind of like Sans not passing his turn in the battle against him.

Andytrenom said:
@Ricsi Ummm. We are talking about White Face breaking the shift key, not hiding his heart.
Ah, my bad.

Where is that again? I only remember the "please be quiet" area, and you are plain killed there if you run.

@Ricsi It happens in the industrialish area at one point. I remember it from Mark's playthrough.

I'll try to look it up. I kinda feel it relies on in-verse mechanics (read game mechanics) too much tough. If the player didn't need the keeyboard to interact with that reality it wouldn't really work.

It shouldn't be any more legit like stuff with sans' never giving you his turn.

I've always found abilities that rely on stuff liek this difficult to discern in stuff like this.

He only powernulls a characters ability to act, move, run away, be merciful, talk and use any attack...

Ricsi-viragosi said:
He only powernulls a characters ability to act, move, run away, be merciful, talk and use any attack...
White Face has been said to null everything for ages.

What..? He can at most restrict the players avatar, which is the equivalent of a 3D projection. he cannot even affect the player himself.

The Causality said:
How consist his PNull?
At its best, Monsters cannot attacks, activate their effects (even if those are passive), change position, and are shown to be completely paralized or even petrified in the animes.

And yes, some Monsters can resist those levels of powernull.

At its best, Monsters cannot attacks, activate their effects (even if those are passive), change position, and are shown to be completely paralized or even petrified in the animes.

And yes, some Monsters can resist those levels of powernull.

Yeah, and this works on nearly everything in the verse

Assaltwaffle said:
It's still not resistance to erasure. Resistance to erasure implies he can resist the actual act of erasing, not just avoid it happening.
I do agree that Information Analysis wouldn't allow you to see it, but good levels of clairvoyance should allow you to see him.
But the problem is you can't erase him until you reveal his heart, he still resist if he doen't reveal it

So i agree with a Limited Resistance which can be bypassed if you snipe his heart

Huh, I'am not sure, even if you give you an invisibility with his heart, he can still resist to the erasure of the Player until you snipe his heart, His body is "resistant" but his heart nah

He's more so countering EE, rather than actually resisting it.

And like I said before, this sounds very game-mechanic based, like Sans not passing his trun to let you kill him.

WF's form of Information Manipulation is similar to conceptual manipulation anyway, so it's essentially the same

Also I'm in love with Saikou

Also how could literally living data not have type 5?

Back