• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis vs Ahri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because UI is based on the mind taking a back seat. I am controlling the mind telling it "go back to your seat because you have to pilot again".

You have literally just posted "thinking up strategies". It's still here, it's only doing something else.

The point is, Whis's body can do something without the need to think about it. But it wouldn't do something that Whis himself doesn't want.

The problem is that Ahri's mind manip is shot in a straight line which would not hit Whis at all since it isn't omnidirectional or homing, and Orb of Deception cannot hit Whis either since it is a one-directional attack. She cannot hit Whis with her heavy hitters and relies on her weaker homing attacks to damage Whis. There's nothing fox lady can do ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

That's why I was asking how Ahri's mind manipulation work, because in gameplay you need to hit in order to charm your opponents.

@diddy Ahri's gameplay mind manip and lore mind manip are two completely different things. In lore she doesnt have to hit her opponent with anything for it to take effect, thats only gameplay. And youre still ignoring the fact that her weaker homing attacks still absorb life force

Therefir said:
That's why I was asking how Ahri's mind manipulation work, because in gameplay you need to hit in order to charm your opponents.
In lore she doesnt hit them with anything, every other use of her mind manip outside of gameplay proves this

Oh I see now, I just read the bit you posted earlier.

Still, the way her lore explains that attack is that she has to actually say something, and unless if she can speak faster than Whis can warp and one-shot, that point is moot (unless if there's something I'm missing). Her profile also mentions that her life absorption explicitly works only on those she has manipulated or seduced, or if they are near death. She would still have to successfully seduce and attack him before he has the opportunity to either BFR or warp/one-shot.

@Didy No she doesnt, all she really has to do is look at them. And no, her Life force absorption is present in all of her attack via her abillity Essence Theft, not just people that shes seduced or that are close to death.

Then Ahri's page needs to be edited because it does not give this specific information regarding her mind manipulation. Regardless, prove to me that all she really has to do is look at them, because I'm going off of the little snippet of her lore that you posted. Essence Theft is self healing via game mechanics and not life steal, so I'll need to see a bit of lore regarding that too if applicable.

Btw, has Ahri ever used hax against low 2-C? Just a question because Kaltias stated that hax or hax resistance has to be shown on Low 2-C.

I don't think she uses her hax on her star guardian key.

In game she does. She also hasn't used her hax on anyone above a human via her lore. Also, just read her lore, essence theft does drain life force. The only issue is that all of her hax have not been shown to work on anyone at her level or greater, and this is her low 7-C form. Assuming that they would work on Whis, where both are Low 2-C, is NLF.

She has used her hax on Low 2-Cs in lore:

"They move as an efficient, synchronized unit. Miss Fortune raises a gleaming white pistol and fires the first shot. It blows through one creature and right through to the one behind it. It's the first time I've seen her smile and I count my lucky stars that I'm not the current object of her attention. Ahri and Ezreal are blurs of light as they dash into and out of the fight. The creatures are definitely not fast enough to keep up. Ahri giggles and blows a kiss towards one of the bigger monsters. Seemingly even more mindless than before, it starts to walk slowly toward her and the glowing orbs she's playing with. Her giggle stops cold as she lobs the orb at the creature, obliterating it in a burst of dark ooze."

Note, she also casually onehot a Low 2-C as well.

Weekly is right yall: And unlike other league champs....

Ahri lore is literally her stealing soul energy, ******* with memories and minds. I will say Ahri wins with essence steal and mind hax. Also, saying it is an NLF is ridiculous. As weekly also has stated, She can use it on other Low 2-Cs Saying she shouldnt be able to ignores every principle of occams razor. You need to provide the proof it wont work, not that she will not. Because again...weekly already provided that counter argument too.

@Therefir, That is an unknown admitedly, but she uses it in base alot so I am inclined to believe she will use it in star guardian form. She already has the mindset, so I will get a pass personally.

The monsters cannot be Low 2-C if they were all oneshot by the Star Guardians. Any Low 2-C can oneshot anyone in the tiers below. The monsters described in that paragraph were effortlessly defeated and thus are an unquantifiable tier lower than Low 2-C. Is there anything else in their lore that would suggest Ahri can affect a Low 2-C?

@Diddy Those monsters fight on par with Star Guardians on a regular basis. The fact that Ahri oneshot them means she's powerful, not that theyre not Low 2-C

Okay, in order:

All she has to do is look:

Euphoric at the rush of absorbing the hunter's life, Ahri felt more alive than ever, and traveled Ionia in search of more victims. She relished toying with her prey, shifting their emotions before consuming their life essence. She alternated between dazzling them with visions of beauty, hallucinations of deep longing, and occasionally dreams colored by raw sorrow.

Ahri shut her eyes and reached out to the reservoirs of magic around her. The environment had plenty ripe for the taking, but she was too weakened by the tea to draw them to her. Instead, she reached into Hirin's mind, which was far more malleable, and pushed.

Ahri opened her eyes and stared hard into Hirin's. They deepened from lavender to violet.

"Hirin," she said. "Come closer. I would look into the face of the one who tricked me."

"Of course, lady," Hirin replied, transfixed. The woman's voice sounded hollow, as though it came from the bottom of a well.

She leaned in until her face was only inches away. Ahri inhaled, drawing essences of the woman's life from her breath.

...Hirin was a young girl hiding, hungry and afraid, beneath a market stall. Two men argued above, looking for her. She had nothing but empty coffers to show for her days' work...

Ahri continued to drain Hirin's life, sampling memories of raw emotion. They felt rich in Ahri's mouth, and she relished each unique flavor of emotion.

Essence Theft in lore:

Ahri tested her self-control by consuming small quantities of life essence, enough to absorb a memory or two but not enough to kill. She was successful, for a time, but was tortured by her unending hunger and soon succumbed to temptation, indulging in the dreams of an entire coastal village.

I can speak for Whis and I can say the following about UI.

UI is a powerful ability, but it does take into account the following 1-People of a comparable level can still hit you in UI. Goku and Jiren hit eachother plenty of times even when Goku had UI, so it is not impregnable.

2-Whis is not like beerus, his personality is just not as inclined for fighting. Ahri's hax she uses.

Alot

Saying she will not use it and saying whis FRA is disingenuous.

Counter arguments:

"But Whis can use homing attacks."

Yeah, well. Even if Ahri could not, he will need a few to kill Ahri while ahri doesnt even need to move, use her mind hax or soul hax from afar and she wins. She can even not dodge, just use this immediately and she wins. Also, Telekinesis =\= Homing attacks Really fast attacks =\= Homing attacks.

"Saying she will do that is an NLF" Discrediting a valid way for someone to win does no one favors. Or in more our terms: Her mindset allows her to do so, her hax is powerful and all of this combined with her intelligence shows to me she is more likely to use it then not.

"Whis has time manipulation" Yeah, for a few minutes and it is rewind... so he rewinds to a point before..what exactly?

"Whis has higher AP!"

They are both in the same tier, that makes no sense. In fact, Low 2-C probably is the most concise tier we have on here, although partly because it doesnt have numbers. I might concede Whis has better showings of him being Low 2-C, but that is with power scaling. At best, this is inconclusive in this front, no one has higher ap then one another.

Yeah. That sounds about right. I dont think I missed any counter arguments, but I rest my case.

Again, just in case no one reads above. Ahri for essence steal and mind hax.

"The monsters cannot be Low 2-C if they were all oneshot by the Star Guardians" Even in DB, there is somewhat of a hiearchy with Low 2-Cs. You know this, and yet you set it aside because they cant be Low 2-C! "Is there anything else in their lore that would suggest Ahri can affect a Low 2-C?" With all due respect, whis is Power-Scaled to Low 2-C, same as...well, Ahri. This is a moot point, for both sides. But there are other Low 2-Cs in league with their own feats. Ahri has a statement and two feats I thinj. Whis has a feat he is powerscaled to because a kai said he was stronger then him.

Anyone gonna acknowledge this or just gonna ignore it?

Normally, a champion playstyle is directly related to the lore. Ahri is a ranged mage both in-game and in-lore , right?

@Schro Kinda, but generally speaking yes. Ekko for example doesnt use his time winder in his cinematic and only uses melee and ult spam. Where as in game, Ekko relies on range and dashes and stuns. So there is that.

>They are both in the same tier, that makes no sense. In fact, Low 2-C probably is the most concise tier we have on here, although partly because it doesnt have numbers. I might concede Whis has better showings of him being Low 2-C, but that is with power scaling. At best, this is inconclusive in this front, no one has higher ap then one another.

What? Whis no matter how ta cut it can ohko, he kinda is effortlessly >>>>> Beerus>Infinite zanasu.

It may not make sense but he is multiple times above low 2-C starting point .

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
>They are both in the same tier, that makes no sense. In fact, Low 2-C probably is the most concise tier we have on here, although partly because it doesnt have numbers. I might concede Whis has better showings of him being Low 2-C, but that is with power scaling. At best, this is inconclusive in this front, no one has higher ap then one another.

What? Whis no matter how ta cut it can ohko, he kinda is effortlessly >>>>> Beerus>Infinite zanasu.

It may not make sense but he is multiple times above low 2-C starting point .
As stated above as well in another post, but he is scales the same way as Ahri. My point was that it was moot. Since both are scaled via feats or statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.