• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis vs Ahri

Status
Not open for further replies.
PridedWaif said:
Every time she used it, it was right up on her victim never a far. Her mind rape worked on low 2-Cs must be game mechanics because she never did it on a low multiversal being in the lore.
Now you're grasping at straws.

Star Guardian Ahri is an alternate version of Ahri with all the same abilities (but taken to a higher level) plus Flight and Energy Projection. She draws her power from the First Star, which created the Universe . That's where the Low-2C comes from. Ahri and the rest of the Star Guardians scale to that event.

PridedWaif said:
Every time she used it, it was right up on her victim never a far. Her mind rape worked on low 2-Cs must be game mechanics because she never did it on a low multiversal being in the lore.
She does it in her Star Guardian lore, which is her low 2-C form. She does it from a distance by blowing a kiss, which turns the monster she was fighting into a mindless beast that then gets one shotted.

Diddyjt said:
PridedWaif said:
She does it in her Star Guardian lore, which is her low 2-C form. She does it from a distance by blowing a kiss, which turns the monster she was fighting into a mindless beast that then gets one shotted.
Just because her power is drawn from it doesn't make her low 2-c. She doesn't even have feats. Even hypothetically speaking if she was, It'd have to make contact as stated.

TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
Star Guardian Ahri is an alternate version of Ahri with all the same abilities (but taken to a higher level) plus Flight and Energy Projection. She draws her power from the First Star, which created the Universe . That's where the Low-2C comes from. Ahri and the rest of the Star Guardians scale to that event.
Grasping at straws? That's false.

It literally states she has to be close and it has to make contact with her victim. Y'all are reaching and taking what was stated out of context right now.

PridedWaif said:
TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:

It literally states she has to be close and it has to make contact with her victim. Y'all are reaching and taking what was stated out of context right now.
Not at all, her range is universal.

Excuse me, but where's exactly was my and others points "debunked"? Because all I see is "Ahri has an answer for all of that in mind Hax!" With no real other counter as to WHY Whis' options don't work. Life absorbing homing attacks? No response as to why Whis couldn't knock it away with his own ki attacks. That's one of my arguments for one of Ahri's attacks. So far, nothing debunks that option. Or warping on top of her and racking up combos onto her. Also before anyone says it, the warp thing created a crater when Whis crashed into the ground on the Arale episode so it must have SOME force.

TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
Based on what? None of the sorts even align to the moves being universal in range, as stated she must be close.

PridedWaif said:
TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
Based on what? None of the sorts even align to the moves being universal in range, as stated she must be close.
Based on her profile and scaling. It's kind of written on there. The game mechanics cannot ever reflect that. It kind of wouldn't be fair if I could Charm from across the Field of the Justice.

The description is made with the game's statisitics in mind, not the lore. Her abilities in the game are only a shadow of what she can actually do. That goes for all the champions.

I feel like both of you have not read the thread. Literally all of that has been addressed. I am too lazy to debate this further.

KinkiestSins said:
I feel like both of you have not read the thread.
Literally all of that has been addressed. I am too lazy to debate this further.
I'm going based off the lore as stated. Not to mention her dura is shit.

TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
Based on her profile and scaling. It's kind of written on there. The game mechanics cannot ever reflect that. It kind of wouldn't be fair if I could Charm from across the Field of the Justice.
The description is made with the game's statisitics in mind, not the lore. Her abilities in the game are only a shadow of what she can actually do. That goes for all the champions.
I'm not referring to the game. Lol I'm referring to the lore. She's never done it in a universal range. She's only done so up close and it made contact.

PridedWaif said:
KinkiestSins said:
They both have the same durbaility
The op doesn't state dura is equalized...
...Why would it need to be stated? It's on her profile that she's Universe+. She and Whis are in the same Tier in AP and Dura.

TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
KinkiestSins said:
...Why would it need to be stated? It's on her profile that she's Universe+. She and Whis are in the same Tier in AP and Dura.
Being same tier=/= having the same stats.

PridedWaif said:
TheC2 said:
PridedWaif said:
KinkiestSins said:
Being same tier=/= having the same stats.
Obviously.

I was refering to the fact that it really sounded like you didn't even bother to check her profile for her stats.

Akreious the souls attacks come after the mind screw so he ain't dodging. The mind screw occurs before a warp and there's no guarantee warp is even his first move here. So yea those points were addressed.

@Pride

Now you really are desperate. Go UP read everything Weekly posted and you'll see. Now stop. Your tantrum is getting you Nowhere. The fact your bringing up Dura is proof you're just grasping at straws here trying to find any little thing. Oh and blow a kiss at your screen/monitor. You see a projectile? No? Cuz it's a gesture. And by the cinematic she doesn't even have to do that. Oh and stop saying she has to be up close and make contact.. it's obvious she doesn't (Cinematic and the SG lore) and the match starts with her in range to use it end of story. Now do you have any actual counter argument or are you just going to keep throwing blind punches?

Well bedtime for me for me rn. Goodnight everyone :D yes including you Prided after all at the end of the day it's just a debate hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.