• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis vs Ahri

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Ahri has some kind of mind manipulation, Whis have the ap advantage, is a better fighter and can BFR her too, so I'm going with Whis.

what does her mind manipulation even do and to what extent also what does she do IC?

Basically Ahri can pacify enemies, making it so they dont want to attack her and blindly follow her with Charm, and she has the ability to freely manipulate her prey's emotions, allowing her to quickly alternate between dazzling them with visions of beauty, causing hallucinations of deep longing, and creating dreams colored by raw sorrow, among other things.

what does she do IC and how is the mind manipulation applied?

Its in character for her to spam her mind and empathic manip in a fight

She can also consume life essence and memories

is it like a ranged use or something like she doesn't need to get up close to use mind and empathic manipulation is what i meant

Whis via ultra instinct/fighting mastery and BFR, though I'm only assuming that Ahri is of a similar speed though since I don't know of any calcs.

Edit: Speed is equalized lmao, sorry. My vote still stands with Whis.

yeah i just remembered whis mastered UI and can do it more consistently than goku so his mind is taking a backseat at this point. Ahri's best chance is life absorbtion but first opponent is near death and has to be seduced which whis's body went full auto-pilot at this point. So yeah Whis seems to win because of his utilization of UI being more effective and he can BFR though its more like he will be able to get through mind shenanigans

Ahri can use her life force absorpton on everyone, not just people near death or that she's seduced.

Also, its in character for Ahri to stay far away from the opponent and spam ranged attacks rather than get up close to them, and she has homing attacks

WeeklyBattles said:
Ahri can use her life force absorpton on everyone, not just people near death or that she's seduced.
Also, its in character for Ahri to stay far away from the opponent and spam ranged attacks rather than get up close to them, and she has homing attacks
Anyone gonna acknowledge this or just gonna ignore it?

@Weekly Whis can rewind time to pretty much help him prevent his life force from draining again, Also she can't sense Whis since she's not a god.

@Glass Why wouldnt Ahri be able to drain his life force again? And why would she need to sense him in order to fight him?

Because sensing someone who can use after images would be a VERY useful ability. And I just said, he can rewind time, therefore he already knows how her life force draining ability works (though he should know since he has clairvoyance, which helps him learn on anyone's background), and will IMMEDIATELY stop the fight like he did when Beerus was breaking everything in the end of BOG.

And like I said, Whis will know about her life force ability with his clairvoyance, and his Ultra Instinct will help him dodge most attacks. And even if he somehow screws up, one simple time travel ability, immediately followed by a chop in the neck is all that it takes to take Ahri out.

How much is knowing about her attacks gonna help when all of her attacks, including her homing attacks, can absorb his life force? And considering its 100% in character for Ahri to stay as far away from her opponent as possible at all times and spam ranged attacks, he's gonna have a tough time getting close enough to her to do that.

Whis' warp ability would help, also if someone like goku, who's not used to UI, can dodge hundreds of attacks at once while charging up an attack, I don't see how whis can't do that much and more. Also you still haven't debunked the whole time travel thing that whis can do. And yo know that Whis can, oh idk, shoot ki blasts to counter any incoming homing attacks

I've got a very short timeframe to write this so I'll keep this brief. Whis will get a "2nd chance" via his time rewind as well as a warp to cut any distance he might want to get to. Whis' Ultra Instinct is also superior to Goku, who casually (well he didn't need to think so of course it'd be casual for his mind) dodged Kefla's Danmaku with only a graze and a small hair cut and later GRINDED on her Beam. And since Whis is MUCH more experienced than all of the current cast combined, I have no doubts that Whis has dealt with homing attacks before. I'll have to look again, but homing attacks aren't at ALL something new to dragon ball characters.

@Glass Except those arent homing attacks. I havent debunked it because its viable, i just dont see how it will help him that much

@WeeklyBattles the problem isn't that the homing attacks can't hit Whis, which they almost certainly cannot anyways, but even if he does get hit, he can just rewind time. If anything, Ahri trying to stay away from Whis just prolongs her defeat. Whis one-shots if he gets in range, which is possible.

Assuming we're using game mechanics here, Ahri is also limited as to how often and how many times she can use her abilities before she's left shooting peas. She wouldn't be able to keep up her barrage of powerful attacks, unfortunately.

@Diddy Why would a homing attack not be able to hit him? And im fully aware that he can rewind time, ive already addresed that point.

We're not using game mechanics because thats what they are, just game mechanics.

Speaking of which, Orb of Deceit is a durability negating attack on top of being able to absorb life force that Ahri frequently uses as a redirection before it returns to her, hitting the opponent in the back in the process

DB characters have dealt with homing attacks-esque techniques before, like Frieza and Cell's destructo disk.

Cuz why not lol

jk, they probably wouldn't be able to hit him just because of how Ultra Instinct works. The entire premise of the ability is to be able to avoid any and all danger without thinking about it, and thusfar, no users in the series have been hit (as in, not blocked) when using this ability (except Beerus, and only by beings of a higher order or when he isn't fighting seriously). I'm only assuming they cannot touch him (or get through his guard, rather) because of how the technique has been shown. Possible NLF but ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬» Also, what Theglassman has said is right, he can just launch ki blasts to hit the homing attacks and cancel them out.

Anyways, the only attack Ahri has that can home in on her target is Fox Fire (and by extension Spirit Rush), so Orb of Deception and Charm are not touching Whis at all. She still has her self-healing when using her homing attacks I guess, but it won't do much when someone can one-shot or BFR.

EDIT: Orb of Deceit, or any attack of hers that is one-directional cannot touch any user of Ultra Instinct period, if they have the same (or greater) speed.

Theglassman12 said:
Frieza and Cell made it homing attacks
The way Ahri's homing attacks work is that they cannot miss their target via how the attack was made. Destructo disk can miss, as well as Frieza's reindition of it.

@Glass You see the hand motions theyre making? Yeah, thats them literally using their telekinesis to redirect the attack.

I know that, they make it into their own form of homing attack. The point I'm making here is that since dbz characters that doesn't have UI can do something about some attacks that act like homing attacks, I don't see how someone WITH UI can't do the same thing and more with legit homing attacks.

Using telekinesis to control an attack isnt the same thing as an actual homing attack though. There's a reason that characters are able to dodge those attacks, because theyre not true homing attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.