• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whis vs Ahri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. But how is it guaranteed that homing attacks will indeed hit ALL the time when db characters have shown to have multiple ways to get rid of attacks that follow them, especially someone that has instinctive reaction?

So I still don't see how Whis can't use his own ranged attacks to counter the homing ones from Ahri or even just do an AoE burst from around his body. And even assuming Whis can't do that, unless her homing attacks are on the level of Danmaku in amount, I still don't really see how it's going to do any harm to Whis other than a few scratches or MAYBE a shot or two in with UI. And hey, Whis has a staff. Nothing says he can't smack the homing attacks with UI via staff if they get close. So does anyone have the votes so far btw? I'm obviously full Whis here.

@Akr Seeing as her attacks absorb life force, being hit by one is gonna do more than just leave a few scratches

Also, why wouldnt Ahri's mind manip work on him again? He's only resistant to empathic manipulation

Try not to get affected by hax that work remotely...? There's nothing to dodge with Ahri's mind hax.

And that's why he has the 3 Minute Time Rewind, Weekly. In the occurrence that he's hit and is very much dying and is basically defeated, he can easily redo the situation and be able to anticipate whatever caught him off guard or managed to get past his defences. Also I meant that he might get scratched/grazed a few times assuming she has Danmaku amounts, not that the few solid hits would only leave scratches. And what Theglassman12 says too, Whis will probably start eliminating the homing attacks with his own ki attacks as he advances forward, dodging the attacks that his ki attacks failed to eliminate fast enough via UI. If Ahri gets too far away to reasonably close the distance, it also isn't a stretch for Whis to use his warping to close the distance if he decides that she's getting too far away for comfort. And what level of Mind Manipulation are we talking about here? Because the one in the games aren't AT ALL mindcrush levels of insane.

@Akr Okay, can we PLEASE stop reminding me about the time rewind that i have already acknowledged multiple times is a perfectly viable thing for him to do. I get it.

Those hits would literally drain his life force, the physical damage really doesnt matter. And if he gets hit with Orb of Deciet he's in a bit more trouble as it ignores physical durability.

Im talking about Ahri's lore mind manip which is borderline perception and willpower manipulation.

Well Whis don't be able to rewind time while charmed. If Ahri kills him during that there is nothing he can really do about it, unless he has some sort of resistance.

Morlock435 said:
Well Whis don't be able to rewind time while charmed. If Ahri kills him during that there is nothing he can really do about it, unless he has some sort of resistance.
He's resistant to empathic manipulation.

@Glass That one is actually the mind manip thats borderline willpower manipulation

"The fiery motes around her engulfed the three nearest men. White flames seared them, but Ahri had more than brute force in her arsenal. She vaulted from tree to tree, rising higher with every bound. She spotted the squad's captain crouched between a tangle of tree roots, his bowstring taut. Given half a chance, Ahri knew he'd put an arrow through her eye. She crept silently to the branches above the captain's shelter and spoke, her soft words laced with beguiling power.

"Human", she whispered. "Come to me."

The captain's features went slack. Through no will of his own, he set down his bow and walked from cover. He looked up, eyes wide with desperation and desire.

"Now climb", said Ahri, blowing the man a kiss.

The captain, utterly in her thrall, scrambled for footholds on the tree trunk. Ahri summoned a sphere of lambent energy to her palm, its innocent appearance belying its vast power. She drew back her arm, allowed herself a vulpine grin, and hurled it downwards.

The orb streaked through the captain before flying back to Ahri's palm, and his smoking body fell to the forest floor with a thud. The remaining scouts fled in terror, but running proved every bit as futile as hiding. Ahri vaulted from branch to branch, tails whirling behind her as she struck two men down with thunderous bolts of energy. "

That sounds pretty similar to Brianne's seduction ability. Which Whis wasn't affected at all.

A CRT for what lol? His resistance is infinitely weaker therefore it won't work here.

Unless someone actually has a viable counter to why Whis won't just get charmed and killed my vote goes to Ahri. His time rewind won't save him if he's mind haxxed then dead

whis via reason above, people are downplaying rewind time and overestimating she is far away when whis has skills to close the gap, not even sure he would 100% need to even use time reverse, but with it, it seals his win

voting for whis.

I don't have to make any CRT tho. My argument isn't "Whis's resistance isn't legit". It's "Ahri's hax outclasses his resistance, so Whis being resistant is moot"

No one is downplaying or overestimating anything. All of Weeklys arguments are fair and have addressed without ignoring all the points made for Whis. To which no one still has a legit answer to the mind manipulation which would likely prevent Whis from using his time rewind. Of course there are ismtamces where he uses it but IC Ahri mind screws and Haxxes you to death. To say Whis will somehow prevent this more times than not is downplaying Ahri and overestimating Whis

But why they would help against mind hax? It affects him when it connects, and it can't be dodged.

How good is his clairvoyance anyway

He's able to see someone's entire background. AKA: he'll know what makes them tick, as well as their abilities.

Do you have proof it will?

Idgaf what he knows about her.. and neither does Ahri. 10 times out of 10 she's mind ******* him the killing him. He can rewind time as much as he wants getting in range and one shotting is his only answer and he won't get that accomplished more times than Ahri mind screwing followed by killing.

Yes, have you not seen the BOG arc at all????? He's able to get full info on Goku, someone he's never seen before, by just looking at his staff. You do know that UI makes the mind take a back seat while it's active right? So mind haxing whis won't help when his body acts on its own.

By your logic no mind manipulation can work on Whis because his mind takes a back seat... go make a CRT if you think it'll be useless here

This thing again? Prove that if Whis doesn't want to attack her, his body will simply say "screw you, i'm the one who decide here" and do it anyway. The mind still works, if Whis doesn't want to do something, he won't

• Mastery of Self-Movement: In this state, Whis's body is capable of subconsciously avoiding attacks, disregarding his own capability to react, allowing him to effectively multitask, thinking up strategies while his body fights for him, fully maximizing his offensive and defensive capabilities. As he doesn't need to think to fight, it also makes illusory techniques useless.
It says it right in the description of the ability.

The conclusion was that mind control still works. Only shutting down it doesn't help

How does mind control even work on someone that has a body that still fights without processing a thought?

By forcing them to... the mind is kind of the king of the body. However apparently some spoiler that says something about UI proves otherwise so if the leaks hold true then Whis does win the matchup. I would say let's hold off the matchup til then but Whiskers has won so ƒñÀ ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬» ƒñÀ

Status
Not open for further replies.