• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"What's wrong? Lives flashing before you’re eyes?" (4-8-0)

Because he's only the physical embodiment of it and not the literal thing.
So what he's just gonna die of old age eventually? That’s dumb.

Either way as soon as death decides Frisk is dangerous he's probably gonna go invisible which is pretty much an instant win

He said this right after disarming death and knocking him back, he was clearly capable of keeping up with him.
And Death was holding back, so what?
Also Puss is blatantly able to take characters who are way stronger than himself such as the giant dude
Via targetting their weak spots due to the size advantage, something that with Death just does not work.
So what he's just gonna die of old age eventually? That’s dumb.
Strawman asf. You don't understand what is Abstract Existence Type 2, which is clearly not like you think it works.

Because he's not literal death, but just a physical form of it. It's showcased to be like any other anthropomorphic being in Shrek physically.
What do you mean? He is literally Death. He is the literal concept of Death in the verse and tells us as much. Most of the time people die on their own but he is the reason death even exists in the verse.

Either way even if I’m entirely wrong about the fact that death cannot die. He’s just gonna go invisible as soon as frisk shows they are a genuine threat and then he wins

Either way as soon as death decides Frisk is dangerous he's probably gonna go invisible which is pretty much an instant win
Putting aside that Death using Invisibility in combat isn’t in-character, couldn’t Frisk just reload and incap Death before he decides to go invisible?

What do you mean? He is literally Death. He is the literal concept of Death in the verse and tells us as much. Most of the time people die on their own but he is the reason death even exists in the verse.
What I mean is that yes, he is technically literal death, but when he said "I do not mean metaphorically" he just said that to not make Puss mistake it for some kind of poetic way of saying "I am your death Puss" or stuff like that.

However, he's not literal death as he's not some intangible abstract/conceptual being, he's clearly physical, I meant this.

Putting aside that Death using Invisibility in combat isn’t in-character, couldn’t Frisk just reload and incap Death before he decides to go invisible?
Considering he has prior knowledge I would argue that he would just go invisible immediately and start killing him. With Puss it was at least some form of punishment. Here Frisk can revive so it's just torture.

However, he's not literal death as he's not some intangible abstract/conceptual being, he's clearly physical, I meant this.

I don't think that's his true form. Throughout the movie he seems to have used this either once against Puss or very few times. His true form should be abstract aka just Death but he created a body to interact with Puss just to kill him for disrespecting him.

I don't think that's his true form. Throughout the movie he seems to have used this either once against Puss or very few times. His true form should be abstract aka just Death but he created a body to interact with Puss just to kill him for disrespecting him.
This is what I call headcanon.

No evidence = Nope, nada, void.

This is pure headcanon.

Well if there is no true form then that supports the idea of death never dying even more. You could’ve made the argument that once he dies he returns to his true form but since that's not a thing then yeah he simply isn't gonna die

But there is evidence. The fact that people die means death exists as a concept. Death doesn't personally go out to kill people. They just die but they die because he exists as he is Death. If they died despite of him then he wouldn't be Death just some powerful rando.

That is further reinforced by what he says to Puss: Death: Hey, I never do this, but, can I get your autograph? Been following you for a loooong time. (pulls out a wanted poster of Puss in Boots and points to the word "dead") Sign right there.

Means that he has never actually involved himself that deeply. Everyone else, even the people he points out say they can beat him, just dies. But with Puss both because of his fame and his attitude he got pissed enough to kill him on his own.

The fact that this death is the same as the concept of death is when Puss leaves and Death says they will meet again aka when Puss dies for the last time. So this death is the same as the concept of death taking form.

That is further reinforced by what he says to Puss: Death: Hey, I never do this, but, can I get your autograph? Been following you for a loooong time. (pulls out a wanted poster of Puss in Boots and points to the word "dead") Sign right there.
You know that Death was just physically there, right?

You know that Death was just physically there, right?

Yes...yes I know. I'm talking about how he says I never do this. As in I never involve myself that much with people. Which is why he notes that Puss is so special. The fact that people in the meanwhile still do die means that the body we see is just a physical manifestation of Death which still continues to act as seen with Jack dying which means the concept of death in that form still applies. Also considering he has viewed all of Puss's deaths he should have some limited form of omnipresence but whatever.

Something akin to “Type 1 in his True Form” would need to be added Death’s Abstract Existence before that can be considered a valid argument.
Yeah probably. Just from what Death tells us and how he seems to have been there for all of Puss deaths which would make no sense if he wasn't even targetting him initially he has some limited form of omnipresence and with how much he emphasizes hunting boots and after letting him go still saying they will meet again that he is talking beyond just this physical form and referring to the death of all beings. Be it from getting killed, via age or whatever.

The problem is even with what I'm seeing I have zero info on what type of timescale is needed for Death to construct that supposedly physical form and not just exist as an abstract but still very much feeling entity. But yeah I do believe Death is a type 1 abstract entity when acting as Death without going for someone's head specifically. He just doesn't seem to hurt anyone in this way as people die on their own.

Last edited:
Death has Type 8 Immortality which everyone seems to forget. To kill him you need to kill death itself as he's literally that

So no Frisk isn't gonna kill him

I doubt tk, more likely its vibration manip.
Yeah thought as much. Fits with his current profile. Anyways my vote is still on Death. If he decides to go ham and with the stuff he knows about Frisk he probably will ,in order to make him lose his will to live, he will just go invinsible and also throw illusions at him.

Knight Knight was also attacking Frisk, so don't think that would change anything
Knight Knight is slow asf and death will be invisible probably setting frisk on fire while performing a mortal kombat finisher on them. Hell if they start humming death might just rip out their tongue or break their jaw or something

Knight Knight is slow asf and death will be invisible probably setting frisk on fire while performing a mortal kombat finisher on them. Hell if they start humming death might just rip out their tongue or break their jaw or something
Also they can crush them in strenght. Class 5 vs above peak human. No idea how that would work in this battle though.

Frisk no-sells the explosion of a MTT brand oven, which reaches up to 4982 C or within the range of the Earth's core in temperature, Death's fire ain't doing nothin
Plus, Death has the AP disadvantage and Frisk has infinite tries, so it'd be nigh-impossible for him to do this

Frisk no-sells the explosion of a MTT brand oven, which reaches up to 4982 C or within the range of the Earth's core in temperature, Death's fire ain't doing nothin
Plus, Death has the AP disadvantage and Frisk has infinite tries, so it'd be nigh-impossible for him to do this
I feel like you’re ignoring invisibility here fine fires not gonna do nothing but it might disorient them along with illusions and perception manipulation they are gonna get super overwhelmed. Frisk starts humming to counter invisibility? Ok well now they don’t have a jaw. Death takes this fight mid diff imo

Wouldn't Death scale above the Giant of Del Mar considering Puss was thrown at full force by him into a sign and took no damage from it?

If that's the case, Death would be far stronger

Wouldn't Death scale above the Giant of Del Mar considering Puss was thrown at full force by him into a sign and took no damage from it?

If that's the case, Death would be far stronger
That would require an another CRT in this which has been rejected twice. But either way death upscales MASSIVELY from his feat

I feel like you’re ignoring invisibility here fine fires not gonna do nothing but it might disorient them along with illusions and perception manipulation they are gonna get super overwhelmed. Frisk starts humming to counter invisibility? Ok well now they don’t have a jaw. Death takes this fight mid diff imo
Why would something that's several times colder than something they face-tanked with no issue disorient them?
Illusions would only work on the first run, and Death has again never used either in a combat situation
You're saying that Death is going to cleave through Frisk's jaw, despite the latter defeating Asgore, who's so superior to Undyne to the point where she considers herself killing Frisk to be mercy compared to what Asgore could do, with Undyne herself being stronger than Mettaton EX, who's already x2.58 above Death's AP
(Not to mention the fact that Frisk can further increase their durability with Clear Mind)
And again, Frisk would know where Death would attack from after the first few runs, so even if Death was capable of a mouth slice, it wouldn't work
All this assumes Mr. "Somewhat sadistic and tends to play with his food" would go for the most optimal play btw

Not really. Puss was stopped by the sign but he definitely tanked the full momentum from that throw, especially when the sign then continued and did the feat. The only thing the sign protected him from was the debris from breaking the walls, but not from the momentum

But it's derailing so I'll stop here
But I mean he did die from the giant falling on top of him. Sorry remembered it was the bell.

Back