• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"What's wrong? Lives flashing before you’re eyes?" (4-8-0)

King_Dom470

He/Him
Rules:
Speed equal
Both characters are able to give up

9-A Frisk is used
Frisk's optional equipment is restricted
Death has prior Knowledge of Frisk's ability
Battle takes place in the judgment hall
SBA for everything else
pepedraws on X: Death from Puss In Boots: The Last Wish Fanart  #PussinBootsTheLastWish https://t.co/wmN8i3RwUC / X
Undertale Frisk Iphone wallpaper art | Undertale, Game wallpaper iphone,  Anime

Death gives Frisk PTSD: (Gilad_Hyperstar, HonestlyBored24, King_Dom470, Serlock_Holmes)

Frisk cheats Death: (koopa3144, Ayewale, Maverick_Zero_X, FireSwordHero, AThe1412, XSOULOFCINDERX, Roachman40, XxZetsuxX)

They both die somehow:

Last edited:
Ah I see. Could Frisk get around Death's type 8 immortality? Because to destroy him he'd need to destroy the concept of death

Ah I see. Could Frisk get around Death's type 8 immortality? Because to destroy him he'd need to destroy the concept of death
Doubtful. This fight would probably come down to who gives up first since their both immortal. So Frisk can reset to try and remember deaths attack patterns, But death is far more skilled and has higher lifting strength than Frisk which is what keeps this fight even.

Can't Frisk just use their SI on death to confine them to stop fighting?
I don't think that would work on death, the only reason death stopped trying to kill puss is because A: He only had one life left and B: He learned his lesson about cherishing his one life. Frisk will just simply never die and therefore it's kinda hard to cherish every life if you literally can’t die.

I don't think that would work on death, the only reason death stopped trying to kill puss is because A: He only had one life left and B: He learned his lesson about cherishing his one life. Frisk will just simply never die and therefore it's kinda hard to cherish every life if you literally can’t die.
Frisk can convince many monsters to give up on killing them and taking their soul even though that would free their race and give them god-like power. Frisk can use check to see Death's mental state and learn how to get Death to spare them. Also, how would Death know Frisk can revive via saves?

Frisk can convince many monsters to give up on killing them and taking their soul even though that would free their race and give them god-like power. Frisk can use check to see Death's mental state and learn how to get Death to spare them. Also, how would Death know Frisk can revive via saves?
I meant to give death prior Knowledge of frisk reset ability.

The difference between Death and the monsters would be that Death is hunting Frisk because they can reset. Frisk using talk-no-jutsu on Death wouldn’t work because there wouldn’t be anyway for Frisk to convince death "Oh i won't reset anymore i've learned my lesson" because death isn't gonna buy that. Death said himself that he "Finds the idea of nine lives absurd" So imagine how he'd feel about infinite lives.

Can Death kill Frisk though? I suppose if he claims his SOUL then maybe but otherwise it's probably inconclusive since neither can kill each other and Death wouldn't stop trying to kill him

Can Death kill Frisk though? I suppose if he claims his SOUL then maybe but otherwise it's probably inconclusive since neither can kill each other and Death wouldn't stop trying to kill him
In the rules i said that making one give up is a viable way to win

In the rules i said that making one give up is a viable way to win
Sure but Death won't give up. Death would know about Frisk being able to revive themselves and would be super pissed. Someone else above have said it but if he was this angry for Puss having 9 lives, he would hate Frisk revivng themselves even more

Also the idea of putting death to sleep is absurd. I mean there isn't a resistance on his profile but in-verse it would make no sense for the personification of Death to be....susceptible to sleepiness. One could make a point that he never appeared to sleep in the movie and was always acting.

But yeah that's stretching it.

Sure but Death won't give up. Death would know about Frisk being able to revive themselves and would be super pissed. Someone else above have said it but if he was this angry for Puss having 9 lives, he would hate Frisk revivng themselves even more
Now I want to see Death reacting to that.

I mean yeah fair but he wouldn’t know when frisk resets. He knows that they can do it just not when so he wont know how many times Frisk has died

I mean i guess? But thats super out of character they literally only use it against knight knight
I wouldn't say it's out of character for Frisk even more so after they find that just talking won't stop Death
Also the idea of putting death to sleep is absurd. I mean there isn't a resistance on his profile but in-verse it would make no sense for the personification of Death to be....susceptible to sleepiness. One could make a point that he never appeared to sleep in the movie and was always acting.

But yeah that's stretching it.
Beings with abstract existence type 2 can still be affected by things like poison and mind manip. I'd say that Death wouldn't be affected by sleep manip just because his abstract is stretching it

I wouldn't say it's out of character for Frisk as easily after they find the just talking won't stop Death
Then why didn’t they do this on sans when they realized sparing wouldn’t work? I really can't see frisk using this on death unless their bloodlusted

Beings with abstract existence type 2 can still be affected by things like poison and mind manip. I'd say that Death wouldn't be affected by sleep manip just because his abstract is stretching it
I feel the literal concept of death being affected by sleep mani ,considering he should never sleep just to actually know everyone that dies, absurd. But it is what it is. It's valid.

Then why didn’t they do this on sans when they realized sparing wouldn’t work? I really can't see frisk using this on death unless their bloodlusted
I'd say Frisk not using it is more Plot-Induced Stupidity than anything. Also they were trying to kill sans, why put him to sleep and spare him?

i'd say Frisk not using it is more Plot-Induced Stupidity than anything. Also they where trying to kill sans, why put him to sleep and spare him?
Im saying they could put him to sleep so he can't attack them anymore not spare him

If he knows he can do it, that is all that matters since for all he cares it could be literally infinite amount of times, so the reaction would be the same
Sure but at one point Frisk would have memorized his attacks and managed to kill him or at the very least incap him

Getting death to give up or incapping him via sleep manip (Which i see as unlikely but i guess its Possible)
Yeah no make him give up wouldn't work. Frisk's mere ability to revive would make him a target for Death and he wouldn't be convinced to let go of his prey

Yeah no make him give up wouldn't work. Frisk's mere ability to revive would make him a target for Death and he wouldn't be convinced to let go of his prey
Fair point. Then it would basically be Frisk and death dying back and fourth until either Frisk loses the will to fight and permanently dies or Frisk tries to put death to sleep

Fair point. Then it would basically be Frisk and death dying back and fourth until either Frisk loses the will to fight and permanently dies or Frisk tries to put death to sleep
I feel like death will eventually just resort to torture via flame manipulation just to make him give up.

So uhhh, if that's the case, I'll vote Death since Frisk would probably lose the will to fight before Death, and neither can permanently get rid of the other

I'd say Frisk not using it is more Plot-Induced Stupidity than anything. Also they were trying to kill sans, why put him to sleep and spare him?
Again, it is a unlikely move as Frisk could done it to multiple characters if that was the case and definitely not a valid example of PIS.
Sans, and any other characters that Frisk has fought in the Genocidal route pretty much nulls this “PIS” argument ngl.

Again, it is a unlikely move as Frisk could done it to multiple characters if that was the case and definitely not a valid example of PIS.
Sans, and any other characters that Frisk has fought in the Genocidal route pretty much nulls this “PIS” argument ngl.
You could make the argument that in Frisk doesn’t have the ability in genocide or more likely scenario is that they didn’t use it because they didn’t have to or thought it would be a pathetic way to win

Back