• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"What's wrong? Lives flashing before you’re eyes?" (4-8-0)

Idk, this can be pretty much a stomp due to Death essentially being surpassed in stats and him being unable to kill Frisk at all.
Skill, Immortality and stuff like perception manip and illusion manip could definitely keep him in the game. Especially if he just starts teleporting around like crazy.

Also i remember someone made the argument that frisk's inv and sea tea would help them but i would just like to say that those are restricted

Yeah if Death can't even kill Frisk and they later adapt to his abilities due to endless resets, then Death really can't win this, especially since Frisk has the AP advantage

This doesn't exactly mean much when Frisk can just adapt to these through Resets.

Not even the first time they do this tbh.
Frisk would have to die first to adapt to these. Here how i see this playing out in my head.

Death kills Frisk the first couple times. Frisk adapts and eventually "kills" death. Death comes back and continues to fight with different attack patterns this time. Frisk dies again a couple more times they adapt and "kill" Death again. This goes on for awhile until Death eventually loses interest and leaves. Which would leave Frisk the victor through many deaths.

Because from deaths perspective he's just dying over and over again. From his perspective he didn’t kill them once (He did but he doesn’t remember that) so he leaves out of frustration and boredom.

But i still think this is anything but a stomp because if death can keep up for long enough he might just decide the only way to win is to go invisible where frisk literally cannot do anything to him as its kinda hard to adapt to an opponent you can't hear or see.

Death kills Frisk the first couple times. Frisk adapts and eventually "kills" death. Death comes back and continues to fight with different attack patterns this time. Frisk dies again a couple more times they adapt and "kill" Death again. This goes on for awhile until Death eventually loses interest and leaves. Which would leave Frisk the victor through many deaths.
The thing is that Death has 0 proofs of him being able to instantly respawn after being physically killed.

The thing is that Death has 0 proofs of him being able to instantly respawn after being physically killed.
Yeah we discussed earlier on how it's more likely he just doesn’t die at all. Y'know because he's death. There shouldn’t be a grace period for when he can return to life because he's literally death he never was "Alive"

Yeah we discussed earlier on how it's more likely he just doesn’t die at all. Y'know because he's death. There shouldn’t be a grace period for when he can return to life because he's literally death he never was "Alive"
This is what I call an assumption. We don't know what happens when his physical body dies, so is better to just not quit to assumptions.

This is what I call an assumption. We don't know what happens when his physical body dies, so is better to just not quit to assumptions.
It's a pretty damn solid assumption why would the embodiment of death ever die? Even temporary he's Death it wouldn’t make sense for Death to be something that would ever happen to him in any capacity.

Either way for simplicity's sake this is the most logical assumption

It's a pretty damn solid assumption why would the embodiment of death ever die? Even temporary he's Death it wouldn’t make sense for Death to be something that would ever happen to him in any capacity.
No one said he'd die permantely, just that we don't know in how much time he'd respawn.

Frisk breaks his bones
Has to get close enough to do that first. Which won't be easy given the massive skill disadvantage and perception manipulation he could pull to make frisk punch a wall accidentally. I'm sure eventually Frisk will end up winning but I disagree with the notion that it will be easy enough to qualify as a stomp, in fact I think this is far closer than people are giving it credit for.

Frisk has nigh-infinite tries, I'm sure they'd be able to do that pretty fast
I mean sure but so does death. If death realized the fight was going nowhere he would probably turn himself invisible and boom now frisk loses because they can’t do anything.

Yeah this whole battle is based on the premise that death won't go invisible. Considering he knows how frisk operates he is probably gonna go invisible and just torture him.
Thats what i'm saying.

I'm actually gonna bring my vote back to Death for this reason

Being invisible doesn't mean lad can't get hit lol
Frisk again has infinite tries against an enemy that isn't gonna change how they attack

Frisk again has infinite tries against an enemy that isn't gonna change how they attack
Dawg Frisk can't adapt to something they can't hear or see. "Infinite Retries" means very little if it's borderline impossible to hit your opponent

Why is he not gonna change how he attacks? It's not a scripted fight in a game but a real combatant who for Frisk is for all intents and purposes invisible and can even add illusions. Literally frisk can do nothing.

Also changing my vote to Death.

Why is he not gonna change how he attacks? It's not a scripted fight in a game but a real combatant who for Frisk is for all intents and purposes invisible and can even add illusions. Literally frisk can do nothing.

Also changing my vote to Death.
Counted

Because time is getting reversed and he can't remember it?
Yes but every time death dies he's gonna come back just like frisk and with different attack patterns this time. It would take an unreasonable amount of time for Frisk to remember every single attack pattern death has. And eventually he's probably gonna turn invisible anyways which would 100% make Frisk rage quite because theres nothing they can do

Yeah, thats what i'm saying he probably doesn’t die period because he's Death
And that's pretty much NLF.

Being the physical embodiment does not mean that he's literal death, but just a physical form of it.

Given that in the Simpsons Homer could kill already Death with just a regular physical blow, PiB Death physically dying for a good amount of time too is not that much of a stretch, given that fiction do be like that.

And that's pretty much NLF.

Being the physical embodiment does not mean that he's literal death, but just a physical form of it.

Given that in the Simpsons Homer could kill already Death with just a regular physical blow, PiB Death physically dying for a good amount of time too is not that much of a stretch, given that fiction do be like that.
The Simpsons is an adult comedy somebody killing death in a show like that should be taken as a gag. Death in pib is very different

We don’t even know if Death can respawn in a combat applicable time frame.
He's death theres no reason to assume he would "Die" for any amount of time. Unless frisk mauled him to the point that he would need to regenerate but i really don't see that happening

The Simpsons is an adult comedy somebody killing death in a show like that should be taken as a gag. Death in pib is very different
It was only an example to show that your "he's death so he can't die" is just not a thing and merely your assumption due to this being fiction.

We base ourselves based on feats, and if PiB Death has no feats of resurrecting in a viable timeframe, then we just don't assume he can.

Either way we all seem to be ignoring that if death starts to feel overwhelmed he would probably go invisible and now frisk can't win

It was only an example to show that your "he's death so he can't die" is just not a thing and merely your assumption due to this being fiction.

We base ourselves based on feats, and if PiB Death has no feats of resurrecting in a viable timeframe, then we just don't assume he can.
Thats stupid. Why would the embodiment of death experience death in any capacity would his heart stop beating? If you really break it down it starts to sound really silly

Even if Death can respawn in combat applicable time, can't Frisk just reload before his first respawn and just incap him? Killing him isn't necessary

did death go invisible in his fight with puss?
He never had to Death was superior to puss in everyway. I'm saying that if he started to realize "Dam i might lose" then why wouldn’t he turn himself invisible? Theres no reason not to

Thats stupid. Why would the embodiment of death experience death in any capacity would his heart stop beating? If you really break it down it starts to sound really silly
Because he's not literal death, but just a physical form of it. It's showcased to be like any other anthropomorphic being in Shrek physically.

It's called being vague my guy, the yours is literal argument of incredulity.

"Why wouldn't he just respawn?", no my dude, I don't have to prove the negative, you have to prove the positive and show him resurrecting in a combat applicable time.

"Why wouldn't he just respawn?", no my dude, I don't have to prove the negative, you have to prove the positive and show him resurrecting in a combat applicable time.
Death dying for any amount of time is the most idiotic thing i've ever heard. He's death why would he be bound by that type of thing? In the final fight Puss literally says he can never defeat him. Y'know probably because he's death so logically he's incapable of death at all.

I'm not saying he can respawn i'm saying he's not gonna die at all. The most Frisk can do here is incap

Because of him being weaker, so?
He said this right after disarming death and knocking him back, he was clearly capable of keeping up with him. Also Puss is blatantly able to take characters who are way stronger than himself such as the giant dude

Back