• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What's the spitiest Thread you've ever encountred?

This cannot be old as long as spiteful matchups exist.

Has anyone failed to ignore this by unfollowing this thread or just ignoring it?

someone with passive shields multiple tiers above their AP and Dura which lets them get matched against people with similar Ap/Dura to their normal body but don't have the hax to actually get past the shields

Can't find the link or thread but in an old VS debating group I was apart of, someone knew I liked James Bond so they made a James Bond vs Sonic thread....

Just wow

I've seen a guy genuinely argue that Escanor could tank a galaxy busting attack and easily solo Saitama, so long as The One was on.

The spitiest match i've ever seen was Monarch of Pointland vs Undoubtedly First. He got stomped so hard his verse got deleted.

I believe I said this one but I'll say it again because it's just sad.

Red Hulk vs Edward Cullen...

I know this is beating a dead horse, but... Yang vs Tifa? The Death Battle was one thing, but it wasn't uncommon to see threads of how this RWBY character would solo all FF or how Yang could take anybody, from Luffy to Superman, because aura made her invulnerable and her Semblance made her power infinite. And worse, the Death Battle perpetuated the idea of FFVII being a verse of scrubs for whom dodging bullets and cracking walls was too much, and all feats, abilities and monsters defeated from the game didn't count because those were "gameplay mechanics". It wasn't until a couple of years later that both ends started to die out.

I will never understand how anyone thought FFVII was a low tier verse when there are so many Dragon Ball level feats in it.

The real cal howard said:
I will never understand how anyone thought FFVII was a low tier verse when there are so many Dragon Ball level feats in it.
Because it's an RPG game.

A lot of people can't seem to believe something is strong unless there's a massive planet sized explosion occurring

The real cal howard said:
Advent Children. That's what pretty much what people use to measure it because it'the most immediate display of the cast fighting, very few even bother to properly check the games, especially the original. So all they see is Cloud cutting concrete, bullet dodging and Tifa knocked out by being shocked and slammed against stone. Everything that happens in the original game is dismissed as gameplay mechanics, by using the term to refer to anything that happens in gameplay.

The Wright Way said:
I've seen people dismiss that as him not creating the supernova on his own. I mean, even if that's true, he still hurts people who can survive that so I'm not sure what their point is.
a lot of people call that an outlier given that the sun goes completely back to normal after the cutscene, and that he apparently can't destroy earth by himself without a meteor

Yobobojojo said:
A lot of people can't seem to believe something is strong unless there's a massive planet sized explosion occurring
Area of Effect fallacy is what is called I think? From what I get. But yeah, many will bring up that a character can't be city block level unless they are shown blowing up a city block. Reason why characters with more spectacular displays tend to be overestimated.

Dunno if spiteful per se, but I've seen a lot of Deltarune character matches where they end up being beaten. Which comes as unfair given Deltarune just started out and its character still have a long way to go in the story.

Back