• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What would color manipulation fall under?

There are some characters in some series that have the ability to manipulate color (and not just change the color of stuff but apply ideas to said color). Some examples:

Applying gray = Makes the object turn to ash or steel

Applying Yellow = Creates a blinding flash

Applying Blue = Creates a pond

etc

Would this fall under Concept Manip (type 4 or 3)? If not, what power would this be?

We don't give conceptual manipulation unless explicitly stated. I think we should just rate each color as it's own ability and just mention all of them in the P&A section.

It would be better if you posted scans to see the feats done in question, would help a lot.

Ogbunabali said:
It would be better if you posted scans to see the feats done in question, would help a lot.
He Maybe talk about Ezumachi from Medaka Box which posesses a really strange ability with colors. i really think that this a sort of Conceptual Manipulation tho

Likely isn't concept manip simply because of how specific our criterias for concept manipulation is.

I don't if there's an existing power that fits this perfectly but reality warping is probably the closest. The best option would probably just be to write a brief explanation instead of linking a specific power.

It could be information manipulation, since that's the only ability I can think of other than conceptual manipulation that deals with manipulating the abstract features of an object. But I am not sure on that.

Hmm ok im working on a new power for the wiki (Imagination Manifestation), i think that will fit better. Otherwise i guess Reality Warping or Info Manip should do it.

Good luck with writing this ability! I really want to see more abilities coming into this wiki~

Color Manipulation would be a sub-power of Light Manipulation (or Perception Manipulation), as for the manipulating what the color represent I guess it will be Conceptual Manipulation (generally granting Empathic powers, that is what colors generally represent).

From where is Existance Erasure or Reality Warping coming from?

For feat about the guy from MB, he can for exemple use the color blue to simulate in your body bruises (because bruises are blue) or make instantanously your cloth grey to give it the propriety of ashes.

This seem Conceptual IMO (+ i don't buy the fact that Conceptual manip is only gived with statemate and not with the feat even if it seem Conceptual)

Antoniofer said:
Color Manipulation would be a sub-power of Light Manipulation (or Perception Manipulation), as for the manipulating what the color represent I guess it will be Conceptual Manipulation (generally granting Empathic powers, that is what colors generally represent).
From where is Existance Erasure or Reality Warping coming from?
Not for color manip. I meant for Imagination Manifestation (which i planned on making a page for, but it seemed just a bunch of power clogged together).

Antoniofer said:
^This

Imagination Manifestation is more a form of Creation, bringing stuff from one's mind into existance, what Ezumachi does is more like Property Manipulation (limited by color), change the properties of stuff by changing its colors.

I wonder if we should have property manipulation.

I recently have been wanting a page for "state manipulation" which I guess would be a subpower of it.

Back