• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What use is Statistics Manipulation?

So, I've heard quite alot that in game statistics can't be used to scale. Now, I know that statistics can be used outside of video games, but does it have any real battle applications? If so, why do we keep it on the profiles of video game characters?

Well, you can apply defense/attack/speed buffs in many games. This just means that the character can boost his defense/attack/speed and in case they are fighting someone in equal terms this'd give them a slight advantage.

Nothing too special.

Define "real application".

What I said meant a boost in AP/Dura/Speed.

By real application I meant battle application. Also, how can it be used if the boost is unscalable?

Of course.

Let's say Character X is x2 stronger than character Y.

Character Y has AP boosting techniques. This way, Y can minimize the AP disadvantage or turn it null.

My question stems from the idea that all game stats cannot be scaled. While that does answer questions one, it still leaves question two. If Charizard for example, was half as strong as another character, it cannot use its statistics in any conceivable way, since for all we know the actually boost could be anywhere from 1% to 1000%

We cannot give Charizard a new rating with his boosts. Its just a way to say: well, Charizard has AP advantage thanks to Dragon Dance.

Nothing else.

So, how would you apply this in a fight if the boost is so minimal it hardly matters, or if it is so large it instantly becomes a stomp?

Yobobojojo said:
So, how would you apply this in a fight if the boost is so minimal it hardly matters, or if it is so large it instantly becomes a stomp?
Statitis Amp wont make a match a Stomp by any means, dont worry about it. They hardly matter 99% of the time.

Assaltwaffle said:
If a boost is insanely large, we would usually try to scale them off of something else.
Insanely large boosts usually have another Key.

Yeah, that is what I meant. Sorry. I meant we give them another key and try to find a scaling/feat to use for it.

So, just as an afterthought, why do we keep the ability on video game character pages, or at least put down non-battle applicable.

Sorry, that was just a generalization, I meant some thing along the lines of every video game character whose stats boosts come from dragon dance like boosts.

If a boost in stats is enough for the character to jump to the next tier should it be considered for a new key?

ie: a character who is at the very high end of low 5-B gets a power up that doubles his power, making him effectively 5-B

AguilaR101 said:
If a boost in stats is enough for the character to jump to the next tier should it be considered for a new key?

ie: a character who is at the very high end of low 5-B gets a power up that doubles his power, making him effectively 5-B
That's called Kaioken. Look goku. Low 5-B, 5B with kaioken

Back