• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What to do about the bot?

Hop_Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer

Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
Since our creator of the bot, Kavpeny , is inactive, should we change his bot, and also the front pagelink to it?

And should we make a replacement one?

I think so, due to the fact he is inactive and likely unable to return to resolve the issue. The bot has also not made a single edit in months. It might be time for a new one.

Kavpeny has given me access to the Bot. I simply haven't used it yet.

If Azathoth wishes to get access to it, I will also send a message to him with the login instructions.

However, we should probably switch to an official Bot request thread, that is more easily monitored by the staff, instead of a personal sub-page.

Okay. Hop would like to see if Azzy replies to this thread, please.

Hop would prefer a bot that all admin-level staff (or above) can monitor, it would be easier for events that happen when staff are asleep in other timezones.

I think dedicating a thread to requests would be a great idea and make it far easier and more efficient to utilize.

Kinda unrelated question but can the bot's name be changed? Like its name is now "Antbot" or "Azzybot" depending on who will now mainly control it and such? Not entirely important but was just curious.

I think that the name of the bot is irrelevant, but could start a new request thread for it.

We could do it here if you guys would like. But I think we should wait for other administrators' input. Our other staff is asleep in their respective time zones.

@Ant Yeah you're probably right. I agree that a thread would be a good to implement.

I'm pretty sure we have an "All-Purpose Request Thread" already, but I can't find the link and it may be too full to put more replies in.

Sorry. I copied most of the text from the old request page, and must have forgotten to remove it.

If you notice any more oddities that should be edited out, you can tell me here.

Thank you again. Will, do. And hence the name chnage of the thread. Could we move this to the Wiki management board? We could use this thread instead of the all purpose and the actual Bot page, since bothering staff on it on their walls is prohibited, this is an ideal alternative.

I do not understand what you mean. We already have a wiki bot request thread there, and this one is not intended for taking staff requests, which is the entire point of that forum.

Back