• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is Dragonball Z kais canon status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the title asks. Does Super scale from it? And is it equal to manga canon? If so, there are some good feats in Buu saga that bolster it much higher. If not, GT at leasr benefits from the scaling since said feats occur in og dbz anime. Feats are

Buu making a galaxy disappear

Kid Buuu nearly busting grand Kais planet, which is large enough to be visible in the skies of Heaven a universe sized planet. For the record, Heaven does in fact show in dbz kai along with Videls statement that it's as wide as the Universe. Daizenshuu cements her statement.

Buuhans vice shout, which in the Daiz states it covers the entire mortal universe with Buuhans ki, plus destroying dimensional walls that prevent dimensions that can crush the Universe in the 1st place should peg it multi galactic.

I think it is canon, as it was made to remain faithfil to the manga. However, vsbattles doesn't actually agree to that due ti contradictions (though i'm unsure as to which ones)

In my opinion, the manga is the highest form of canon connecting to Super, but if Super directly references a Kai specific event, Kai would be brought into the main canon.

I agree with Kai being canon, though I think Buu's feat would be considered a chain reaction since he wasn't going to destroy the universe directly.

Ssr4vegito said:
KAI is canon to dbs but we don't consider it
I think that is the other way around since Kai came first.

Also, didn't Kai include non-canon characters such Gregory and Pikkon?

Gregory appeared within super and Kai only events not unlike greogpry himself have directly been mentioned with super like ginyu and Bulma body hop or Gregory obviously.

Freeza had a explicitly noted hell made just for him.

Him also being not within that hell is actually a contradiction although ya may handwave that as he may have put there after .

Yeah, it is one of the contradictions, but IMO there are far more similarities references to the original manga as well as DBS.

We use the original manga as canon, but I agree that Dragon Ball has never been big on selecting a definitive timeline between the different versions. Both the Super anime and manga are canon in different ways for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back