• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What if Nindendo through a partnership with Square, and Enix created Legend of Zelda: the Chrono Trigger instead of Ocarina of Time?

Now I'd like to say that even Ocarina is a great game, I tend to have a lot of criticism about it.

But I'm not saying Ocarina was bad, it just could have done more you know. So I'm asking this, what if Nintendo made a partnership with Square Enix to create Chrono Trigger which in turn replaces Ocarina in the timeline.

Just for simplicity we say that Crono is Link and Nadia is Zelda.

lol

Although I think the characters could get ridiculously more powerful considering that time is not something to mess around with.

I think that Demise would have pieces of himself be reincarnated into beings like Lavos, Queen Zeal, and Magus

p.s. I wonder what kind of victory dance/reaction woud Demise do if he saw the dystopian future of Chrono Trigger

also I think a better done Chrono Cross would be the replacement of Wind Waker

Yobobojojo said:
Tho Chrono Trigger x LoZ would quite possibly be the greatest thing ever constructed by humanity
Let´s take an step further and force Nintendo to make an spin-off of Smash Bros that´s canon to the featured series and in which every main character in this site appears as a playable character, or at the very least likely what´s here:

Backg2
Including some fanservice and jokes so literaaly anyone that plays videogames and isn´t a casual can be pleased.

This would be really badass; I actually had this idea a while back. This includes Chrono Trigger gameplay and plot with Zelda characters and setting. Though, my version had Lavos wearing the Majora's Mask.

OoT is overrated IMO, even the graphics of the 3DS remake feel like a NDS game.

Wish to hear my full criticism?

I'm just saying that Nintendo could have more. If I were making Ocarina of Time, I'd try several things, similar to Chrono Trigger, instead of the very unimpressive going back and forth 7 years Link can even father to different time periods of the Zelda timeline and witness some of the lore yourself. And also like Chrono Trigger I'd try making the bad future even more darker and apocalyptic with Hylian civilization being 95% wiped out and Sheikah technology in the process of taking over. I'd also try to have Zelda do more and try for a tomboyish and rebellious but cute archetype like Chrono Trigger did with Marle. Heck maybe Link would have a team with him consisting Zelda, Saria, Ruto, and possibly even Ganondorf later on. If you're wondering why Ganondorf? Well in Wind Waker Ganondorf was more of an anti-villain in the game and even showed honor in his actions. He wanted to conquer Hyrule to basically give his people a place to live where there would be no suffering and in WW he wished to repent for his past actions, similar to Magus from Chrono Trigger. And I'd try to have the characters you interact with say different things depending upon how far you are into the game, I honestly wished that in Ocarina Saria would at least express any worries about me, or say that she misses me midway through the game, or maybe say physically if I play my Ocarina when I'm next to her "You goof!! I'm right here if want to talk to me". I'd also get rid of Navi because in game she seem pretty unnecessary. And I'd try for graphics that look more like Chrono Trigger than the 3D aesthetic of Ocarina which whenever I take a look at the 1998 version make be want to barf my brains out. There's no arguing, the original Ocarina of Times's graphics are TERRIBLE!!! So terrible that in the 2010's it would be capital punishment to make a game with those kinds of graphics. Of course I know Nintendo tried rebooting Ocarina on the 3ds with improved graphics but I've played it and there are still some graphical issues. And believe it or not another game came out in the same year that has graphics that you could ****** at, Senran Kagura: Shoujotachi no Shinei. I have no idea how Takaki did it, but he really kicked the graphic producers' asses to not only make a very graphically solid game, but possibly my favorite beat'em up ever. I won't go too much into detail about but one thing that Burst/Shoujotachi no Shinei did better that 3D Ocarina of Time was the hand design. The hands of the characters in Senran Kagura act like real hands with the fingers being fully capable of moving independently while 3D Ocarina's as these blocky clam shells of hands. The clam shells are simply creepy to look and make Link playing the Ocarina unappealing.

Back