• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

what if Alma Torran (Magi) in Disboard (No game no life)? What is their Rank?

Threemagi

He/Him
Magicians of Alma Torran. Either from David's era or Solomon's era, are in Disboard.

How would they be Ranked compared to other races like Elves, Dwarfes and etc.?

What would humans be categorized as? [Creatures] or [Life]? Rank 1-6 or Rank 7-16?

Got a description/page on them? Don't really know who they are.

If you gave me some info I could probably squeeze them somewhere into the hierarchy.

Okay, here goes. They're Humans from Magi verse.

Here's example of one such human : Arba

Backstory : there are many races in alma torran, but humans always got short end of the stick (eaten or slaughtered) by the more physically superior races (Ogre, Manticore etc.)

One day a (possibly higher dimensional) god called Il Ilah descends unto humans and give them access to 'great flow of life' itself : magic/Rukh (in NGNL term : Elemental or Spirit Circuits).

humans advances magic to the point they can build towers that can devolve intelligence of all other sentient races. turn them all into drooling wrecks, well, except for humans. (yea, humans are petty like that. but they get less douchy later)

Powers and Abilities :

Magi : Access the great flow of life (Rukh). Everything (even inanimate objects) is composed of Rukh, every soul that died will come back to great flow of life to reincarnate.

in extension, accessing great flow of life means you can access Il Ilah's-god's- divine energy. siphoning it to fuel your magic.

Magi commands rukh to give them virtually limitless magic energy to work with. Thus can fuel their spells without limit.

all Magicians have magic barrier called Borg that passively rejects any debuffing magic, such as mind control or life-force drain that can make your flesh shrivel up and die from a touch.

Magicians can also control their body at cellular level. Halting aging (live for hundreds or thousands years) and do sophisticated biological control. humans who can't at least halt aging is called 'third-rate'.

strongest Magi is Solomon Jehoahaz Abraham along w/ Aladdin (Magi) . both can control vector, spacetime and change laws of physics.

before Solomon's reign : basically, every single human is Magi.

in Solomon's reign : after Solomon replaces Il Ilah as god, humans now can only access their own magic reserves. they can't siphon limitless amount of magical energy because god (Solomon) changes the rules now.

other feats : humans created magic tools and Exteme Magic (country busting spells. also described to be as 'Divine Protection') of all types (Life magic, Heat magic, Lightning magic, Gravity Magic and etc.) to be given to other races' representatives (like the Garuda, the Hermit and etc.) so they can protect themselves.

but generally humans are innately more compatible with magic than other races, and not as limited. hence why its possible for a Magi to cast multiple type of Extreme Magic on their own despite Extreme Magics' complexity.

^^^^^^^^^^^

So I think maybe humans are on Elves' level? Worthy of 7th Rank?

Though, maybe they can even be recognized as 6th Rank?

From what I can see, as a species, they're definitely within 7th to 6th Rank, but probably don't make it past Rank 5 as a whole species, with some exceptions being the incredibly broken people you listed.

So if you asked me, I would have to say they're somewhere around Rank 7th to 6th.

Yeah. The gulf between 6th and 7th is very wide after all. So you maybe can stuff wide range of unspecified powerlevel.
but probably don't make it past Rank 5 as a whole species,
Not sure about Gigant, but yes, I think Dragonia surpasses the humans just like how Dragonia is above Flugels.
Which do you think humans would be categorized as? [Life] or [Creature]? I think humans are [Creatures] . Its just some of their magic are so advanced that they can be equal to [Life].

Btw Magiverse also has Dragon race, called the Dragon of Origin. They live in void where laws of physics isn't stable (like, if humans try to fly using flight magic, they'd fall down because laws governing gravity and such doesn't exist).

with some exceptions being the incredibly broken people you listed.
Yep, they're genius that comes once in lifetime. I think the analogue is that Solomon and Ugo are like Shinku Nirvalen and Nina Cliffe.
Ugo ( Ugo ) went beyond Shinku and Nina though, by managing to create a system to overthrow higher dimensional gods.

So if you asked me, I would have to say they're somewhere around Rank 7th to 6th.

It still surprises me that higher-ranked races would actually 'lower themselves' to ally with lower ranked ones.
Dragonias even went so far to sacrifice their lives to help their allies went up against Artosh.

Yeah. The gulf between 6th and 7th is very wide after all. So you maybe can stuff wide range of unspecified powerlevel.

Yep.

Which do you think humans would be categorized as? [Life] or [Creature]? I think humans are [Creatures] . Its just some of their magic are so advanced that they can be equal to [Life].

Most likely just [Creature], similar to how elves are so adept with magic, and yet are still looked down upon by rank 6 and higher.

It still surprises me that higher-ranked races would actually 'lower themselves' to ally with lower ranked ones. Dragonias even went so far to sacrifice their lives to help their allies went up against Artosh.

Well, Artosh was an Old Deus. Maybe it was because the stakes were so high?

Elves and Magi humans are very similar alright. Elves 'enslaves' Fairies, while humans created Djinns from other races to work for them.

Elves have better technical magic knowledge (Kainas even has a hand in developing Aka Si Anse) but sometimes raw power of higher races is just too much.

Even if Flugel can (only) mostly cast Tengeki over and over again lol

And there's a case like Ex Machina. Who has limitless potential to evolve. Yet only Ranked 10.

Ex Machina is the enemy you would want to wipe off the Disboard in one shot.

I wonder which race would get demoted if Magi humans are to be included on Exceed Ranking.

Elves becoming 8th Rank?

Man, now I want to put Arba or Solomon against Jibril.

Well, Artosh was an Old Deus. Maybe it was because the stakes were so high?

One of the reasons yes. But its mostly thanks to Riku playing everyone like chess pieces by spreading rumours and adding fuel to the fire lol

And yet Artosh does not disappoint. So higher-ranked races' caution isn't really unfounded.

Dwarves have Spirit Arms armament which can temporarily rewrite and implant Concepts onto their opponents.

They naturally amplifies their magic to uncontrollable level thanks to their bodies being made out of Mythril and Orihalcum.

Hence why Dwarves need Magic Tools to use magic lest they'd produce uncontrollable result.

And yet, Dwarves are a rank below Elves.

Magi Humans cannot use magic without a 'focusing equipment' such as Wands. While Elves can use magic without tools.

I think Elves>Dwarves>Magi!Humans in ranking now. Humans might be Ranked 9th by this logic.

But in terms of complexity of spells, Humans outrank Elves imo, even if Humans need tools. As Individual human can cast composite spell of 180 ceremonial orders of 3 Elements easily. While they can still cast Gravity Magic for flying and Borg Magic Barrier for defense.

Whereas the most impressive number of Elves I can find is 186-fold Divine Rites created by Kainas for Aka Si Anse.

So maybe Magi!Humans would end up as new 9th Rank? Even if their practical combat capability would point then nearer to 7th Rank. Just like Ex-Machina.

Back