• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What exactly does Speed Equalized do?

Take this scenario as an example, one guy moves at relativistic and fight in unarmed cqc, the other guy is just a normal guy with a gun. Supposed that speed equalized apply, would the first guy get slower and became unable to dodge bullets or would the second guy get faster to the point that guns are practically useless?

Also, would the reaction time also changed or would it stays the same? If the faster chars got slowed down would they feels like both of them move slowly or would they not feel any changes?

I'm sorry for the troubles but I have to ask this. The first one directly effect the outcome of battles while the second one would effect some char heavily. There're even some char that would be unable to use their weapon because their reaction speed got nurfed.

Speed equalized makes the combat and reaction speeds of the characters the same, whether by it speeding up the slower character or slowing down the faster character.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Speed equalized makes the combat and reaction speeds of the characters the same, whether by it speeding up the slower character or slowing down the faster character.
And is it speed up or slow down? This is the important part as it effect match directly.

Blackcurrant91 said:
It basically means you can't use speed blitz as a reason for one character beating another.
Would that mean the character stay at the same speed but are banned from speed blitzing?

No not really, it's more like 'Speed equalized makes the combat and reaction speeds of the characters the same, whether by it speeding up the slower character or slowing down the faster character.' this just means in effect speed blitzing is taken out of the equation.

I'm not sure if we scale people down or up. I would imagine we scale people down, or perhaps it's just that they are equal speed but that speed is left ambigious. I am not entirely sure.

It essentially makes the argument that a character with much higher speed would blitz the slower character moot. As for whether the characters get sped up or down, I believe speed as an argument is entirely disregarded. Also, in the case of projectile users, the projectile speed is assumed relative to the character's speeds, so bullets and lasers are still going to be slightly faster while bubbles and other slow attacks will still be slower than the characters themselves. Speed equal also doesn't remove the perks of a character's original speed. For instance, characters with infinite speed naturally resist normal timestop (timestops which only work on finite speed characters), so speed equal doesn't make them susceptible to time stop. Speed equal also doesn't apply to passive, instantaneous and thought based abilities.

Back