• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Jujutsu Kaisen] Another speed revision but not what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saqphire

She/Her
Yeah, this is mainly about Kashimo but I am not scaling anyone’s combat speed here, especially considering we already have an established rule regarding capping everyone’s CS to be below the Black Flash’s timeframe.

Since we have already accepted Kashimo having Speed of Light attack speed with his EM Waves, an attack that has absolutely nothing to do with Black Flash at all, I figured it would be time to upgrade some people’s reaction, travel and possibly perception speed.

First of all, it makes absolutely no sense for Sukuna to have his reaction/travel speed at MHS+ considering he literally reacted to Kashimo’s EM waves (which allowed him to aim dodge the attack in the first place). If he didn’t have that reaction speed, he wouldn’t even notice the attack, which again, is already accepted to be SOL, to be coming at him at all for the dodge to happen in the first place, especially considering the huge gap between MHS+ and SOL. Seeing the previous arguments that Sukuna ”sensed a spark and not the attack” kinda makes no sense either seeing as by that logic, you’d have to say the so-called ”spark” he sensed triggered slower than the SOL attack that he, again, aim-dodged.

He also reacted fast enough to move his arm to block the previous ”sound” attack (the panel is hard to make out but you can see one of his arms covering his face), and it wouldn’t be inconsistent with how he got hit by Kashimo after reacting to the EM waves either as Sukuna is severely damaged which arguably slows you down anyway. This is supported in the next paragraph.

Considering Sukuna later on has easily dodged, percieved and blocked Piercing Blood on multiple occassions, which is already stated to be as fast as (some translations say faster than) Mach 1 (Speed of Sound), and as well as slower characters like Yuji and Uraume in Shibuya dodging/blocking/percieving that same attack, I doubt I need to say much more about the ”Sukuna not being able to dodge a SOS attack makes his speed inconsistent” arguments, when the most likely conclusion is that Sukuna being damaged just slows his combat speed down anyway

So yeah, by that conclusion, this is what I propose:
• Sukuna - Combat speed stays the same, reaction, travel and possibly perception speed upgrades to SOL, possibly FTL
Gojo - Same as Sukuna for being relative to him

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
First of all, it makes absolutely no sense for Sukuna to have his reaction/travel speed at MHS+ considering he literally reacted to Kashimo’s EM waves (which allowed him to aim dodge the attack in the first place). If he didn’t have that reaction speed, he wouldn’t even notice the attack, which again, is already accepted to be SOL, to be coming at him at all for the dodge to happen in the first place, especially considering the huge gap between MHS+ and SOL. Seeing the previous arguments that Sukuna ”sensed a spark and not the attack” kinda makes no sense either seeing as by that logic, you’d have to say the so-called ”spark” he sensed triggered slower than the SOL attack that he, again, aim-dodged.
You just described an outlier.
He also reacted fast enough to move his arm to block the previous ”sound” attack (the panel is hard to make out but you can see one of his arms covering his face), and it wouldn’t be inconsistent with how he got hit by Kashimo after reacting to the EM waves either Sukuna is severely damaged which arguably slows you down anyway. This is supported in the next paragraph.
So Sukuna can just about react to a sound wave only because he's injured but now you want to argue him moving faster than an attack x874,030 faster than sound isn't an outlier.
I doubt I need to say much more about the ”Sukuna not being able to dodge a SOS attack makes his speed inconsistent” arguments, when the most likely conclusion is that Sukuna being damaged just slows his combat speed down anyway
Sukuna dodges Kashimo's EM wave right after being hit by that sound wave, if anything the Sukuna that performed that outlier should be even slower than the one that barely reacted to a sound wave by your own argument.

Not to be an asshole but we have a thread cutting out everything above MHS+ for a bunch of people, on top of that different versions of this thread have been made too many times.

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back