• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guy, everyone that Weiss has fought in the series is a world class fighter, Weiss has absolutely fought people on that level before.
My dude, Weiss is a huntress, who are people designed to mostly fight Grimm, and your prior reasoning for why everyone is a world class fighter is capricious at best. Each huntsman is definetely skilled enough to use their semblance and fight acrobatically sure, but its also been noted that each fighter isnt exactly a "master of their craft" so to speak, otherwise the hunters in the show wouldnt need Beacon and Atlas's help to complete their training. I mean, Jaune himself was basically a random nobody who snuck into beacon without even having an Aura, yet was able to progress enough to still keep up with the rest of the cast.

The only one out of all the group who could definetely be considered an actual prodigy was Pyrrah, but she was the only one who had fought humans prior to Beacon by fighting in the Mistral Reigon Tournament, and even some of her skill was mostly attributed to knowing how to use her Semblance to slighty redirect weapon strikes.

Going into Post Beacon though, Weiss definetely improved, but its to an unknown degree and with help from a group who also mainly fights Grimm. It should also be noted that the entirety of RWBY, not just Weiss, have weaknesses in their fighting styles that continue to be a problem post Beacon, such as Weiss poor Aura and Ruby's Reliance on her weapon to fight. If team RWBY was a team of world class fighters, they would not lose as much as they have in this series.

Touching her weapon gets him frozen solid as i have explained above.
That's a no limits fallacy and you know it. Even if that is the case, he can always just go for the hand holding it and attack that...so yeah.
Bro what show have you been watching, im not sure if youve seen Weiss' fights ever lol. Her glyphs appear instantaneously, and she can make dozens at once. There is nothing for Garou to dodge, they instantly appear on whatever she wants them to, theyre not dodgeable projectiles.
We're doing this now? Ok? Here's this fight. Notice how the glyphs take time to be made one after the other.
Not recent enough for you? How about this fight? Or the scene right after? HOW ABOUT THIS ONE? They dont look instant and undodgeable to me.

I'm going to say this in a rather blunt way, but they are NOT instantaneous. At All.

Now to be fair, these might appear fast to some normal person? But to a fighter with analytical predictions to anticipate opponents attacks and having the instinctive reactions necassary to dodge them thanks to learning the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist? Yeah no I don't see it happening
It should also be noted that Garou had prior knowledge on all of these people due to having a guidebook that listed all of their capabilities, techniques, and weaknesses, something he does not have against Weiss.
Yet he was able to improve mid fight against opponents who were previously dominating him, only to then wipe half of them out while anaylzing their moves mid fight?
As previously stated, if he tries to take her sword he gets frozen, but on top of that, Weiss' glyphs are not Dust fueled, they are her semblance, she does not need her sword to make Glyphs.
Yet she needs dust to access her most powerful attacks.... including Ice dust, and this dust is located in her weapon.... which can be knocked out of her hand...

@WeeklyBattles still something she never uses right off the bat, let alone against someone with a massive AP advantage against. She’s gonna die before she gets the chance to do anything.

My dude, Weiss is a huntress, who are people designed to mostly fight Grimm, and your prior reasoning for why everyone is a world class fighter is capricious at best. Each huntsman is definetely skilled enough to use their semblance and fight acrobatically sure, but its also been noted that each fighter isnt exactly a "master of their craft" so to speak, otherwise the hunters in the show wouldnt need Beacon and Atlas's help to complete their training. I mean, Jaune himself was basically a random nobody who snuck into beacon without even having an Aura, yet was able to progress enough to still keep up with the rest of the cast.
What are you talking about? The entire cast fought against other humans for 90% of their training. And Jaune progressed so fast due to a mix of Pyrrha's training and the stupidly good Accelerated Development that everyone in the show has
The only one out of all the group who could definetely be considered an actual prodigy was Pyrrah, but she was the only one who had fought humans prior to Beacon by fighting in the Mistral Reigon Tournament, and even some of her skill was mostly attributed to knowing how to use her Semblance to slighty redirect weapon strikes.
Your definition of 'prodigy' is very odd, everyone in RWBY is a prodigy, Pyrrha is just a prodigy among prodigies.
Going into Post Beacon though, Weiss definetely improved, but its to an unknown degree and with help from a group who also mainly fights Grimm. It should also be noted that the entirety of RWBY, not just Weiss, have weaknesses in their fighting styles that continue to be a problem post Beacon, such as Weiss poor Aura and Ruby's Reliance on her weapon to fight. If team RWBY was a team of world class fighters, they would not lose as much as they have in this series.
By your logic Garou's feats are lessened by the fact that most of his fights in-verse are against people he stomps. Also not sure where youre pulling that weakness from, Weiss doesnt have poor aura, thats never been a thing. And yes, RWBY are a team of world class fighters, sorry if you dont want to believe it or are convinced that the 'RWBY is unskilled' meme is real but they are obscenely skilled and they have the feats and showings to back it up.
That's a no limits fallacy and you know it. Even if that is the case, he can always just go for the hand holding it and attack that...so yeah.
How in the hell is that a No Limits Fallacy? Do even you know what that term means?
We're doing this now? Ok? Here's this fight. Notice how the glyphs take time to be made one after the other.
Not recent enough for you? How about this fight? Or the scene right after? HOW ABOUT THIS ONE? They dont look instant and undodgeable to me.
I'm going to say this in a rather blunt way, but they are NOT instantaneous. At All.
They are instant and undodgeable yes. Dodging implies a projectile, there are no projectiles for a glyph that just instantly appears on whatever surface Weiss wants.
Now to be fair, these might appear fast to some normal person? But to a fighter with analytical predictions to anticipate opponents attacks and having the instinctive reactions necassary to dodge them thanks to learning the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist? Yeah no I don't see it happening
Neat, Yang has analytical prediction too, and Ruby has instinctive reactions, Weiss' can still land attacks on them in sparring sessions.
Yet he was able to improve mid fight against opponents who were previously dominating him, only to then wipe half of them out while anaylzing their moves mid fight?
Again, he had prior knowledge on all of them, he was literally calling out their moves as they used them in the fight, that alone devalues a lot of the supposed improvements he was making, all he was doing was looking for an opening and they all fell apart.
Yet she needs dust to access her most powerful attacks.... including Ice dust, and this dust is located in her weapon.... which can be knocked out of her hand...
Which would freeze Garou if he tried.

They are instant and undodgeable yes. Dodging implies a projectile, there are no projectiles for a glyph that just instantly appears on whatever surface Weiss wants.
...huh? What?
This one in particular literally shows them forming in mid-air, growing to size and THEN shooting out an icicle. How can you watch that and then, in good faith, say "no you're wrong they're still instant and undodgeable"? There is a moment where he is standing next to the glyph as it forms, and it's only once it reaches full size that it blows him away with the wind.

...huh? What?

This one in particular literally shows them forming in mid-air, growing to size and THEN shooting out an icicle. How can you watch that and then, in good faith, say "no you're wrong they're still instant and undodgeable"? There is a moment where he is standing next to the glyph as it forms, and it's only once it reaches full size that it blows him away with the wind.
Because that is not the glyphs i am referring to. That is Weiss shooting ice, not using her glyphs offensively as i have said.

You made absolutely zero effort to clarify any difference between what was shown in the linked videos and what you're referring to, please do so now.
Can you show me Weiss using her glyphs in the insta-undodgeable way you've described?
I didnt feel the need to, kinda figured since its on the profile people would acknowledge it, but sure.

https://youtu.be/ZY2AlUdg9D0?t=92
https://youtu.be/dh_GBhRqr9Y?t=30

The last two in particular really kinda hit home that Garou wouldnt really have any answer to her anti-gravity field, she literally just gestures at him and hes instantly pulled into the air

Ngl, after watching these scenes you sent, I'm cementing my vote for Garou.

He just seems like a much smarter fighter and would easily and quickly find a way to counter her attacks.

Nothing about that shows she makes a gesture and he just floats, the first one you're talking about had the Grimm just walk into the field to get them stuck, plus Garou's far stronger than Weiss so she'd need to do more than a few strikes to deal any noteworthy damage.

Ngl, after watching these scenes you sent, I'm cementing my vote for Garou.

He just seems like a much smarter fighter and would easily and quickly find a way to counter her attacks.
Got any solid reasons as to why you think this based off the scenes you just watched?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Glyphs be broken? Garou has superior LS and AP, so if it comes to it, he can just destroy them.

Also, his IR would just force his body to move out the area where Weiss would summon her Glyphs.

Got any solid reasons as to why you think this based off the scenes you just watched?
Weiss seems to more likely that not rush in for Melee/amp her speed rather than use her Glyphs to freeze her opponents.

Doing that would result in an instant victory for Garou. Not only would his Analytical Prediction allow him to still keep up with her amped speeds, but it would just end up forcing Garou to become as fast and then eventually faster than her amped speed, allowing him to be normally as fast/faster than her fastest state, meaning that to even dream of keeping up, Weiss would need to continuously be amping her speed.

Weiss seems to more likely that not rush in for Melee/amp her speed rather than use her Glyphs to freeze her opponents.

Doing that would result in an instant victory for Garou. Not only would his Analytical Prediction allow him to still keep up with her amped speeds, but it would just end up forcing Garou to become as fast and then eventually faster than her amped speed, allowing him to be normally as fast/faster than her fastest state, meaning that to even dream of keeping up, Weiss would need to continuously be amping her speed.
Aight.

I was just testing ya to see if you were just talking just to talk.

You may proceed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't Glyphs be broken? Garou has superior LS and AP, so if it comes to it, he can just destroy them.
They can but at the same time trying to hit them would subject him to the properties of whatever Glyph he's attacking
Also, his IR would just force his body to move out the area where Weiss would summon her Glyphs.
I mean, not really? The second the glyph is summoned he would be affected by it, again theres nothing to dodge

...Bruh, i know youre not arguing that the character that range spams in-character would immediately try to go for CQC. You dont know the first thing about her if you think thats what she would do lmao.

...Bruh, i know youre not arguing that the character that range spams in-character would immediately try to go for CQC. You dont know the first thing about her if you think thats what she would do lmao.
Notice how I prefaced this by saying that based on the videos that YOU sent, that was my deduction.

If that's not how she usually fights, then send clips of her doing what you're claiming. As of right now, my opinions stay the same.

I didnt feel the need to, kinda figured since its on the profile people would acknowledge it, but sure.

https://youtu.be/ZY2AlUdg9D0?t=92
https://youtu.be/dh_GBhRqr9Y?t=30

The last two in particular really kinda hit home that Garou wouldnt really have any answer to her anti-gravity field, she literally just gestures at him and hes instantly pulled into the air

Switching my vote to Garou.

Video 1: The glyphs don't even instantaneously freeze (it's fast but not fast enough) or even start on the dragons wings. And it is a stationary opponent. Garou would easily dodge these.

Video 2: Don't even know where the instant freeze is.

Video 3: Don't even know where the instant freeze is.

Video 4: Garou breaks out.

Video 5: She gets her ass handed to her by some random. If that happened with Garou she dead tbh.

Heat Transfer is a thing. In all the videos you've sent, Weiss' freezing isn't instant.
I didnt say the freezing is instant, i said the glyph summoning is instant. The Glyph summoning is what causes the freezing. I can post some scans of her freezing being instant if youd like

Video 1: The glyphs don't even instantaneously freeze (it's fast but not fast enough) or even start on the dragons wings. And it is a stationary opponent. Garou would easily dodge these.
How would he dodge something that is on and stuck to his body.
Video 2: Don't even know where the instant freeze is.

Video 3: Don't even know where the instant freeze is.
Its not freezing, its instant Glyph summoning.
Video 4: Garou breaks out.
Breaks out of what?
Video 5: She gets her ass handed to her by some random. If that happened with Garou she dead tbh.
Said rando is a world class fighter

Is there proof that its stuck on his body
Yes

Weiss' glyph applies a property to the surface of whatever its summoned on. Arguing that he can somehow dodge the glyph being summoned on him when it has no projectile in which to dodge is the equivalent of saying Garou can dodge his own body existing.

How would he dodge something that is on and stuck to his body.
In the video the glyphs literally move onto the Dragon's body, who again, was stationary.

Its not freezing, its instant Glyph summoning.
So irrelevant..ok.
Breaks out of what?
The ice.
Said rando is a world class fighter
Can that guy predict 12 different potential attacks, analyze people down to their muscle twitches, and fight instinctively with other martial artists whole simultaneously hitting every pressure point?

I was referring to him breaking the glyph itself.
Once the glyph is applied to his body the effects start happening immediately, trying to break the glyph would mean punching himself, which would cause him to shatter in the part of his body that te glyph was applied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back