• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think people are overblowing the ricochet stuff. It is a circumstantial since it does require big chunks of rocks oriented in the right direction. Moreover, a rock that has been used once (for ricochet-purpose) can't be used again. And lastly, you can still deduce the general direction of the shooter by looking at the impact on the rock.

The main factor influencing whether Weiss loses or wins is not ricochet or the stealth-stuff: it's whether the Aura cloak melts in a few bursts of bullets or not.

If more than a few is needed to take her down, Weiss' versatility, speed amp and ability to raze the battlefield should be more than enough.

Personally, I vote for Weiss.

Golfgan said:
I think people are overblowing the ricochet stuff. It is a circumstantial since it does require big chunks of rocks oriented in the right directio. Moreover, a rock that has been used once (for ricochet-purpose) can't be used again. And lastly, you can still deduce the general direction of the shooter by looking at the impact on the rock.
If you seriously believe a rock favors ricocheting a bullet in a particular calculated direction and angle instead of generally getting in the way of that, I feel like you probably are just downplaying the feat. Rocks while hard, aren't even flat surfaces. The way you talk makes it seem like the rock is some magical ricocheting favorable point that the rat needs when it's more like the thing that happened to be in the trajectory behind the target.

And you can't deduce general direction the impact came from a "mark in the target" when said thing melts thus making any would-be "mark" in the target be lost to corrosion in the proccess.

@Fate

Ok. Then I can simply slighly modify my sentence into " It is a circumstantial since it does require big chunks of rocks that can only be used once " if you believe the orientation-thing was downplaying.

FateAlbane said:
Golfgan said:
I think people are overblowing the ricochet stuff. It is a circumstantial since it does require big chunks of rocks oriented in the right directio. Moreover, a rock that has been used once (for ricochet-purpose) can't be used again. And lastly, you can still deduce the general direction of the shooter by looking at the impact on the rock.
If you seriously believe a rock favors ricocheting a bullet in a particular calculated direction and angle instead of generally getting in the way of that, I feel like you probably are just downplaying the feat. Rocks while hard, aren't even flat surfaces. The way you talk makes it seem like the rock is some magical ricocheting favorable point that the rat needs when it's more like the thing that happened to be in the trajectory behind the target.
Has Bug-Eaten ever richocet his darts off a material with the same composure and solidity as rocks? I mean because a tree isn't going to cut unless the tree is formed of unique bark.

Rocks and concrete, on the other hand, would be the most likely for a ricochet. A tree has more chances to just absorb the bullet and its energy if the projectile doesn't go clean through. However, Water is kind of a neat substance, it does not compress. A high velocity rifle round will shatter when shot straight down into water, but if you shoot it at an angle it can skip like a stone.

Seeing how this battlefield is still Central Park, when looking at images and geography maps of the landscape. All the most notable rocks that aren't small to be thrown by hand reside near the water and lakes.

Central-Park

@TacticalNuke002

Super rare trees are known for cutting the impact of the bullet when it goes straight through. It will do the same for darts. Rocks have more rugged substance like concrete to allow ricochet attributes.

Ahhh, the most "relevant" RWBY character just chilling out.

This thread's about to die anyway, I don't feel like arguing anymore.

@Golfgan I believe both the orientation and needing to be specifically rocks is downplaying since IRL accidental/unintended ricocheting (not planned and calculated like the rat does) is possible off of most kinds of hard surfaces and with any caliber of bullet.

So if the rat has shown the capability to weaponize that, it really isn't circumstantial at all in the battlefield here.
I have no problem with the other parts of your reasoning, though, so no worries about voting Weiss.

@Common As I said above, ricochets can happen with any caliber of bullet as long as the surface happens to be hard enough. A ricochet can also happen from any irregular surface - such as soil or vegetation as well. You can look that up, not making that as I go. Though if we REALLY want to get technical on this we would also need to go about the density of the stand bullets which we have no way of knowing as less density means easier to ricochet and more density less easy.

@FateAlbane

I know about the soil or vegetation, thus why I mention water able to allow bullet ricochet, but science has proven it isn't as common as rocks or solid surface as concrete.

What have observed above is Bug-Eaten is more likely to ricochet his darts off rocks than off the natural ground itself.

Doesn't change that Bug-Eaten can still ricochet off anything it wants, it checks its environment and looks for suitable ricochet spots. Hence the excellent tactician in its profile.

@Xtasyamphetamine

Oh, so true I'm not taking anything away from his tactician ability, but I am just stating the obvious facts. Bug-Eaten had so much solid ground for him to use as (rare) ricochet chances, but due to the position of him on the slope and the highly unlike chance for the dart to bounce off from the downward angle. Bug-Eaten choose to fire his dart at the rock, which sturdy enough and pointing behind Jotaro's body. Making this choice the most plausible.

Back