• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weiss Schnee vs. Teruki Hanazawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the first glyph is a homing glyph, that is not Barrage, Barrage is a different attack entirely, both visually and functionally. Here is your proof, it will return even if he tries to redirect it.

The creators stated that there is no segregation between the game and the show, the game is completely and totally canon to the main series, specifically taking place between volumes 1 and 2 of the show. Just like how the light novel takes place between volumes 2 and 3 and the novel takes place between 3 and 4.

By counteracting it and preventing it from tossing you around in the first place. The point is that whether you like it or not TK is a non-factor in this fight as Teruki's lifting strength with TK is nowhere near strong enough to be able to overpower Weiss to the point of being able to actively pin her or ragdoll her.

You're not gonna be able to convince me with gameplay footage. It looks more like it's aimed at a target unless you're talking about the last bit. Even then that's doubtful.

They probably meant the story. Not the gameplay and the story itself. I don't disagree with the first, but nothing about the latter is really solid. And even if it is, I'm not convinced about the legitimacy of homing attacks if that's all you have.

How do you counter when your weapon is pointed at you? Also again, precog and constant dodging, redirecting, and etc. There's also quite the issue of power mimicry.

I don't think I'll be able to convince you and same for you trying to convince me so I think now might be the good time to call it since it' slate here. Not sure if the same there though.

Its not aimed, its homing, the gameplay description of the ability states that it is homing, at this point youre kinda just ignoring it because you dont want to believe it my dude.

No actually, they acknowledged the entire game as being canon, just like how the light novel takes place between volumes 2 and 3 and the novel takes place between 3 and 4.

Tier 2 - Improved Barrage: "Weiss unleashes a storm of dust-enhanced projectiles, which home in on nearby targets." Costs 1 to upgrade. Deals 450 damage in total. There is nothing whatsoever that you can logically doubt here.

By being stronger? All you need to counter TK is higher AP and higher lifting strength, both of which Weiss has in excess. Even if he mimics her powers thats only a small amount of things he can do as opposed to her massive arsenal of abilities. Technically there's only one ability that she has that he can mimic, her glyphs, which wont even help him that much as he cant copy her dust attacks.

I will do anything in my power to convince you to change your mind.

Baseline High 8-C is only 2.5x away from .8 Tons. Even if Weiss got High 8-C through one-shotting, let's say, a 8-C+ character, the stats even out regardless since Teru takes no damage from .8 Tons.

O...kay? And that changes the fact that her lifting strength is 18x higher than Teruki's how exactly...?

WeeklyBattles said:
O...kay? And that changes the fact that her lifting strength is 18x higher than Teruki's how exactly...?
I was adressing your "Weiss is High 8-C, she one-shots" point.

Weiss's lifting strength only really comes into play if she uses glyphs to slow/accelerate herself outside of ragdolls and TKM grabs. Doesn't really help if Teru goes for her weapons.

I see this as close, so I'm not really taking sides on who wins.

Statements in games are nice. But overinflation of abilities will happen if you trust every single line. Also if it explodes upon hitting a physical object, I once again point to redirect it to the ground.

Once again, not dismissing the story of the game. It's what happens in the game, gameplay mechanics wise.

I really can't be confident about this. I really doubt the validity of such an ability when there are so many times it could've been used in canon and not provide a more difficult path for Weiss. Heck even a simple use of it would've made Weiss unstoppable.

I can't see how that won't work, on mimicking her abilities that matter. Energy drain is also an issue.

Fair enough. Let's continue tomorrow then

I never said she oneshots tho?

He doesnt have the lifting strength to be able to disarm her so going for her weapon is useless.

WeeklyBattles said:
I never said she oneshots tho?
WeeklyBattles said:
Dodging a homing attack is kinda like saying a character can tank something that oneshot them, its not exactly possible, even if he tries to redirect them they will correct themselves and keep coming.
WeeklyBattles said:
Her Dust attacks are High 8-C so if they dont oneshot they come very close to it

@Dargoo Where in those statements did i say she oneshots him? Seriously where? The first line is me making a comparison to claiming that it was possible to dodge a homing attack, and the second was me saying that she comes close to it but does not oneshot him. So please do tell me where i said she oneshots.

@Ciruno Except there is no overinflation? It is stated to home in the ability's description and visibly homes in on the opponent when used in-game, so where exactly is the inflation?

The creators of the series blatantly stated that the powers used in the game are canon.

Becuase her abilities arent her own, theyre weapons based, unless he's shown to copy bullets fired from a gun because thats literally what 95% of her arsenal is.

"If they don't oneshot" and "very close to it" implies that there is a likelyhood that she can oneshot, which I was pointing out as unfounded.

That said this is probably just going to devolve into semantics so we can just drop that point.

Shit. Know anyone who would be a valid match for her? RWBY is one of the first verses I check for for 8-B matches, and I know Qrow has some passive ability so he came to mind

I asked more for valid than fair, because fair is so subjective now a-days. Do you know any other 8-B verses or characters that are potentially valid matches for her?

Given the new scaling chain I'd say any characters in the 19 - 60 Ton range should be fine. 70-80 would be pushing it.

Preferably someone who can deal with durability negation of that level and breed.

I'm not entirely sure how Mob Psycho Espers would interact with Medaka Box Abnormals, but you can go ahead if you'd like.

I'll make it later. Also, this is a double win since I had wanted to get some love for my boi Shimazaki. I was even gonna make a profile for him before I learned he had one

I don't remember this kid ever having precognition in the webcomic OR anime. However I feel like he takes this fight with extreme difficulty. Despite her terrible performance during her fight with Vinral(whatever her name was) she's actually a pretty efficient fighter. The fact she can tamper with gravity is just going to make things even harder for him

AnimationDork said:
I don't remember this kid ever having precognition in the webcomic OR anime
Doesn't he replicate Ryo's movement prediction and proceeds to use it against him to pre-emtively block/counter his attacks?

Weiss Schnee - 1 (Weekly)

Teruki Hanazawa - 4 (Ciruno, Maverick, Xtas, Animation)

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@Dargoo
I also voted for Teru FRA as well
k

Weiss Schnee - 1 (Weekly)

Teruki Hanazawa - 5 (Ciruno, Maverick, Xtas, Animation, Iapitus)

that was just him realizing how painfully predictable that guys fighting style was. I mean he always teleported behind people instead of mixing things up when he did teleport. Teru points this out

Proclaiming Shimazaki always teleports behind is quite false. Though Teruki's fight with Mob might be more accurate on showing if this is true. I don't think it's unlikely for Teruki to be able to copy other powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back