• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He holds the Ap Advantage and I assume LS (It just says “lifted ten cars, but that doesn’t tell us the weight), so he definitely could
Izuku's Blackwhip probably overwhelms Teruki's Air Whips, from both of their feats. I'm not sure how much of an advantage Teruki would get from using his telekinesis, but Izuku can't do much against Teruki's pyrokinesis if he gets burned at close range.

Izuku's Blackwhip probably overwhelms Teruki's Air Whips, from both of their feats. I'm not sure how much of an advantage Teruki would get from using his telekinesis, but Izuku can't do much against Teruki's pyrokinesis if he gets burned at close range.
I mean he fights Bakugou who also uses, ya know, nitroglycerin explosions and they can get up to 5000 Celsius. If anything’s he’s the one character I’d put no thought into saying “yeah he can take it”, like the fire quirks can burn if they go to long or to high, but Izuku‘s been taking bakugou‘s explosions since age 4 (we say that in the flashback at ep 1).

Keep in mind that this is Joint Training arc Deku, whose experience with the Blackwhips is extremely minimal. He can only keep them activated for a few seconds before the pain forces him to stop, whereas Teruki is capable of using 10 whips at once and controlling each of them with a high level of skill, so Teruki definitely has the advantage in that department.

Both of them have the same lifting strength, listed as Class 25, so this match shouldn't be a stomp with Hanazawa being capable of restraining him through telekinesis. Hanazawa's LS rating is based on him being capable of lifting ten cars. Though the weight of the cars isn't given, the average weight of a car in tons is 1.4 tons, so 1.4 x 10 = 14 tons, so that's the ballpark of his lifting strength.

I disagree with Deku being able to resist flames. Heat resistance isn't listed anywhere on Deku's profile, and I don't think Horikoshi really thought about how high the temperatures of nitroglycerin explosions would be, or every character in the series hit by Bakugo's explosions would have heat resistance. I'm also sure that Bakugo can scale back the heat and potency of his explosions since he's such an expert with his Quirk.

Based on everything seen of Deku, I agree that he'd be able to withstand Teruki's explosions for a while, but I disagree with him being able to resist his flames, so that's a good wincon for Hanazawa.

Deku doesn't really care about being hit by explosions. His pain tolerance is high enough he can just shrug it off, as shown in his fight with Bakugo. He had a detonation stronger than Teruki's go off on his face and was fine afterwards. He doesn't need heat resistance, he's just strong enough stamina wise to not care.

Air Force spam outside of Teruki's range is a very safe bet since Deku will notice he has a range limit as well as that he's equal if not stronger than his TK. So he has the option of just using Air Force or trying to get in for Shoot Style. Nothing Teruki has seems to be difficult for Deku to avoid with his movement or can get past Analytical Prediction. Only problem is the explosions which Deku will shrug off because they're nothing compared to Bakugo's explosions.

Deku reads his moves, understands all the abilities he has, and blasts him with Air Force while trying to find a way closer. He shrugs off most of the hits because he has the higher Durability and Stamina, as well as his willpower letting him just ignore pain, so he outlasts Teruki too in terms of taking damage. All it will take is a few predictions of his movement to snipe him with Air Force and Deku will be beating him down quickly imo, nothing he has sticks out as particularly threatening

Keep in mind that this is Joint Training arc Deku, whose experience with the Blackwhips is extremely minimal. He can only keep them activated for a few seconds before the pain forces him to stop, whereas Teruki is capable of using 10 whips at once and controlling each of them with a high level of skill, so Teruki definitely has the advantage in that department.

Both of them have the same lifting strength, listed as Class 25, so this match shouldn't be a stomp with Hanazawa being capable of restraining him through telekinesis. Hanazawa's LS rating is based on him being capable of lifting ten cars. Though the weight of the cars isn't given, the average weight of a car in tons is 1.4 tons, so 1.4 x 10 = 14 tons, so that's the ballpark of his lifting strength.

I disagree with Deku being able to resist flames. Heat resistance isn't listed anywhere on Deku's profile, and I don't think Horikoshi really thought about how high the temperatures of nitroglycerin explosions would be, or every character in the series hit by Bakugo's explosions would have heat resistance. I'm also sure that Bakugo can scale back the heat and potency of his explosions since he's such an expert with his Quirk.

Based on everything seen of Deku, I agree that he'd be able to withstand Teruki's explosions for a while, but I disagree with him being able to resist his flames, so that's a good wincon for Hanazawa.
He doesn't need Blackwhip he has Air Force. And he doesn't even have any control of Blackwhip yet. So its less an advantage and more that Deku can't even use it in 8% matches.

Deku is 15 tons so they're about equal

Bakugo did not scale back his explosions in their fight where he unlocked 8%, and shoved Deku into the ground with a point blank detonation on his face that didn't even severely burn him but was stronger than Teruki's calced explosion. Deku doesn't need heat resistance, his stamina and durability are enough to tank explosions no problem.

As for the flames Deku can just dodge? He can leap hundreds of feet into the air and can snipe from that range with ease, the flames don't seem threatening. Even if he tries to cloak himself in fire Deku can disperse the fire with air pressure.

Deku doesn't really care about being hit by explosions. His pain tolerance is high enough he can just shrug it off, as shown in his fight with Bakugo. He had a detonation stronger than Teruki's go off on his face and was fine afterwards. He doesn't need heat resistance, he's just strong enough stamina wise to not care.

Air Force spam outside of Teruki's range is a very safe bet since Deku will notice he has a range limit as well as that he's equal if not stronger than his TK. So he has the option of just using Air Force or trying to get in for Shoot Style. Nothing Teruki has seems to be difficult for Deku to avoid with his movement or can get past Analytical Prediction. Only problem is the explosions which Deku will shrug off because they're nothing compared to Bakugo's explosions.

Deku reads his moves, understands all the abilities he has, and blasts him with Air Force while trying to find a way closer. He shrugs off most of the hits because he has the higher Durability and Stamina, as well as his willpower letting him just ignore pain, so he outlasts Teruki too in terms of taking damage. All it will take is a few predictions of his movement to snipe him with Air Force and Deku will be beating him down quickly imo, nothing he has sticks out as particularly threatening
Don't forget about Teruki's other abilities. He has the ability to generate etheral clones, which can easily be used to distract or overwhelm Deku. Teruki can also play the long-ranged game, since he has his Super Qigong, which is basically just energy attacks generated from his psychic powers. Teruki can also generate barriers to protect himself, even making a three-layered barrier which could be capable of defending rather well from Deku's Air Force attacks. Not only that, but he is extremely skilled and can actually wield two powers simultaneously, so he can both attack and defend at the same time.

Teruki's endurance and stamina aren't too shabby either, since he was able to fight members of Claw for nearly a day, not to mention that he took the most extensive beating from Shimazaki and still managed to both fight him and discover his weaknesses during the battle, so even if not at the same level as Deku, Hanazawa is an experienced combatant himself who can read his opponent's movements and their weaknesses if given enough time. Also, Hanazawa has greater mobility: he can use his telekinesis to travel at high speeds and circle around his opponent in unpredictable ways, so those movements could catch Deku off-guard as well.

Don't forget about Teruki's other abilities. He has the ability to generate etheral clones, which can easily be used to distract or overwhelm Deku. Teruki can also play the long-ranged game, since he has his Super Qigong, which is basically just energy attacks generated from his psychic powers. Teruki can also generate barriers to protect himself, even making a three-layered barrier which could be capable of defending rather well from Deku's Air Force attacks. Not only that, but he is extremely skilled and can actually wield two powers simultaneously, so he can both attack and defend at the same time.

Teruki's endurance and stamina aren't too shabby either, since he was able to fight members of Claw for nearly a day, not to mention that he took the most extensive beating from Shimazaki and still managed to both fight him and discover his weaknesses during the battle, so even if not at the same level as Deku, Hanazawa is an experienced combatant himself who can read his opponent's movements and their weaknesses if given enough time. Also, Hanazawa has greater mobility: he can use his telekinesis to travel at high speeds and circle around his opponent in unpredictable ways, so those movements could catch Deku off-guard as well.
I think "catching Deku off guard" is a lot harder than you're making it seem. The clones are weaker than Teruki is and Deku will be pressuring Teruki the entire time, so whether they will even matter is important. The energy attacks are easy to avoid for someone like Deku, and his barriers shouldn't be difficult to break considering Deku has the AP advantage and can fire mulitple Air Force with high accuracy. Deku is used to people being able to attack and defend by this point, such as Nine who Teruki is weaker than, so he can easily just adjust his fighing strategy to poke Teruki, figure out all of his powers and then take him down.

I'm not saying he is bad or lacking in stamina, but in a straight confrontation Deku is just going to be shrugging all of these attacks off and keep coming. He's also definitely smarter than Teruki at figuring out weaknesses and reading movements, as he can do that within seconds of meeting someone, as he did with Mirio.

Teruki's mobility is no where near as confusing as Gentle Criminals unpredictable bouncing was, and Deku's analysis got better mid fight so he could predict Gentle's moves before he did them, even perfectly calculating how he would defend from Deku's Air Force attacks. Teruki isn't confusing Deku at all with his movement or with attacking and defending, he's just giving Deku more to figure out, which he'll do within minutes while avoiding or tanking any hits he takes.

I think "catching Deku off guard" is a lot harder than you're making it seem. The clones are weaker than Teruki is and Deku will be pressuring Teruki the entire time, so whether they will even matter is important. The energy attacks are easy to avoid for someone like Deku, and his barriers shouldn't be difficult to break considering Deku has the AP advantage and can fire mulitple Air Force with high accuracy. Deku is used to people being able to attack and defend by this point, such as Nine who Teruki is weaker than, so he can easily just adjust his fighing strategy to poke Teruki, figure out all of his powers and then take him down.

I'm not saying he is bad or lacking in stamina, but in a straight confrontation Deku is just going to be shrugging all of these attacks off and keep coming. He's also definitely smarter than Teruki at figuring out weaknesses and reading movements, as he can do that within seconds of meeting someone, as he did with Mirio.

Teruki's mobility is no where near as confusing as Gentle Criminals unpredictable bouncing was, and Deku's analysis got better mid fight so he could predict Gentle's moves before he did them, even perfectly calculating how he would defend from Deku's Air Force attacks. Teruki isn't confusing Deku at all with his movement or with attacking and defending, he's just giving Deku more to figure out, which he'll do within minutes while avoiding or tanking any hits he takes.
Izuku's analytical prediction is amazing against characters with quirk-like superpowers. I mean, he's trained that skill his entire life.

That said, Izuku trains literally nothing besides those analytical skills before meeting All Might. Teruki is far more experienced combat wise than Izuku at this point.
I wouldn’t say that, this is the same Izuku who fought a serial killer who killed multiple pro heroes (stain), and hired Mercenary who nearly took out all might, and Nine, who we likely can just say is a terrorist given the attempted destruction of Nabu island

Gentle had been stomping pro heroes for several years but no one ever mentions him when talking about Deku fighting experienced opponents. Sad.

As for the flames Deku can just dodge? He can leap hundreds of feet into the air and can snipe from that range with ease, the flames don't seem threatening. Even if he tries to cloak himself in fire Deku can disperse the fire with air pressure.
I'm not sure that Deku can dodge the flames, nor do I think that Deku's air pressure at 8% is strong enough to disperse flames, though all the other points you've made so far I agree with. Also, Hanazawa could use the same tactic he did against Miyagawa and just trap Deku in his flames, so that's a viable wincon. However, I think that ultimately based on all the evidence provided, Deku would take this more times than Teruki.

I've just been feeling the urge to do some Mob Psycho 100 threads, since I believe it to be an under-appreciated fandom and one without too many battles on this wiki.

I'm not sure that Deku can dodge the flames, nor do I think that Deku's air pressure at 8% is strong enough to disperse flames, though all the other points you've made so far I agree with. Also, Hanazawa could use the same tactic he did against Miyagawa and just trap Deku in his flames, so that's a viable wincon. However, I think that ultimately based on all the evidence provided, Deku would take this more times than Teruki.
Air Force is 20%, and even at 5% swiping his arm, he could disperse Todoroki's flames when he flared up in the sports festival. So fire is really just not a problem for Deku at this point.

I wouldn’t say that, this is the same Izuku who fought a serial killer who killed multiple pro heroes (stain), and hired Mercenary who nearly took out all might, and Nine, who we likely can just say is a terrorist given the attempted destruction of Nabu island
The Stain fight is a good example, but he ultimately loses almost immediately and needs help. Muscular was just punching harder and harder till he won. Nine shows off Izuku's planning for sure, but less his combat skill since the wincon was OFA BULLSHIT!
But I agree with the point on Gentle though, I literally forgot about him lmao.

The Stain fight is a good example, but he ultimately loses almost immediately and needs help. Muscular was just punching harder and harder till he won. Nine shows off Izuku's planning for sure, but less his combat skill since the wincon was OFA BULLSHIT!
Oh by mercenary I meant Wolfram but true for muscular as well

To be fair on the Stain point, he only lost that immediately because of Stain's Quirk. If Stain didn't get that slight cut then Deku would've held him off for a much longer time with just his combat skill. It was a Quirk diff not a skill one

Everytime a Base Villain Hunter Deku match is made, I age 2 years
I'd thought about using the Base Villain Hunt Deku key for this match, but I wanted to make things more interesting, and I wasn't sure if people would consider it a stomp since Hanazawa had the higher AP and LS in that key and could just ragdoll Deku.

To be fair on the Stain point, he only lost that immediately because of Stain's Quirk. If Stain didn't get that slight cut then Deku would've held him off for a much longer time, it was a Quirk diff not a skill one
That's true, but Stain could have subdued Izuku quite easily if he was wanted to injure the 'true hero' instead of activate Bloodcurdle.
Holding off Stain at all while protecting people is admittedly quite impressive, but my point is Teruki has a lot more feats that show his skill in combat while most of Izuku's feats at this point are the raw power of OFA. If Izuku doesn't analyze Teruki's esper abilities in time, he loses.

I'd thought about using the Base Villain Hunt Deku key for this match, but I wanted to make things more interesting, and I wasn't sure if people would consider it a stomp since Hanazawa had the higher AP and LS in that key and could just ragdoll Deku.
Base Villian Hunt Deku has Danger Sense, doesn't he?

Base Villian Hunt Deku has Danger Sense, doesn't he?
He only has class 10 LS, and is lower in AP. While he beat Ryo it was because Ryo doesn’t use his telekinesis much on people. and Deku can’t dodge his way out of being grabbed by telekinesis with how we see it work in Mob Psycho

Then yeah, Teruki stomps Base Villian Hunt Deku.
But this threat is about Teruki vs Joint Training Arc Izuku, right?

Back