• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weekly's surprise: Bard vs Thanatos

Yay! Now uh...which one of us is going to go back through the strongest character threads to find the arguments we both made? ovo

Me:Bard maybe? Zoe (League of Legends) is 3-B from just having a fraction of the power of being on his level and it gives her enough power to be casually above Aurelion Sol.

You: Are they faster or slower than saint seiya characters?

Me: Slower but how many of them can kill Bard considering he regenerates from a true body that exists on an alternate plane of existence?

You: Thanatos (Saint Seiya) maybe can kill him?

Me: How well would he handle being forceable put into stasis and turned into a constellation?

You: Can they bypass his Divine Cosmo's passive mindhax?

Me: Can Divine Cosmos mindhax stuff without a mind?

You: It shuts down the five senses and mind, and I believe Matt argued somewhere that in fact that was possible in saint seiya (mind haxing things with no mind).

Me: The being known as Bard is quite literally just a puppet controlled by and imbued with a portion of it true self's power, with its true self existing on a higher plane of existence which resides outside of time.

This is where we left off of the conversation

I dunno if this is valid, but BFR'ing to the hyperdimension is a possibility.

WeeklyBattles said:
Traveling through different dimensions is kinda what Bard does for fun
Oh, but this dimension destroys anyone who lacks godhood.

Oh, forget about it, then.

If you ask me, Thanatos/Hypnos should be At least 3-A (didnt get insta atomized by God cloth Seiya, stomped 5 Gold Knights and they couldnt harm him... should be comparable to host-hades/poseidon/athena) in their true bodies and 3-B in a host (casually stomp gold knights). But that's just me.

Pretty sure Thanatos has the upper hand in both hax and AP here, I don't see how this isn't a stomp.

Bard is so far into 3-B that Zoe is 3-B from just having a fraction of the power of being on his level and it gives her enough power to be casually above Aurelion Sol, who is extremely casually 3-B to the point that he is 3-B through his will alone

That and Bard is deceptively difficult to kill, and can very easily lock him in permanent stasis

Saga is 50 galaxies via scaling from the Local Group, and even Minor Gods are unfathomably and unimaginably more powerful than all Gold Saints combined with the control of all their Cosmos.

Also, this is definitely a haxstomp. Thanatos only needs to land a single T.P in order to win this fight.

You know, I only created it because Weekly wanted and argued that Bard could fight evenly with Thanatos. This way we can set this.

Terrible Providence ends Bard's mind, awareness, body and most of his soul. He has no way to counter it at all going by his profile.

I dont really think you can end Bards mind. Bard does not have a body either. And is Thanatos resistant to indefinite stasis.

Also his meeps summons can provide a distraction (although I dont know how powerful meeps are, but I am mentioning them becasue they are cute.)

@Kep Bard is like 682, the thing fighting Thanatos isnt actually Bard, its just a puppet controlled by an entity on another plane of existence, destroying it wont do anything as the real Bard can just make another. Dont go crying stomp without knowing all the details.

For the "strongest" that may be valid.

In a vsthread, however, if that type of immortality cannot be bypassed, it gets restricted @Weekly.

Anyway like I had mentioned can Thanatos escape stasis? Because if not Bard keeps him in stasis forever. I dont know if that counts as a win though.

WeeklyBattles said:
Hmm? Why? Its not higher dimensional. Plus Bard has regen
True form Bard is not higher dimensional? Then what's stopping Thanatos from killing it?

Rocker1189 said:
Anyway like I had mentioned can Thanatos escape stasis? Because if not Bard keeps him in stasis forever. I dont know if that counts as a win though.
What's stasis?

I mean

Pretty sure Thanatos can kill 8th sense users, who can resurrect themselves from other planes of existence

Pretty sure he can just nuke Bard on every plane of existence and call it a day

PaChi2 said:
True form Bard is not higher dimensional? Then what's stopping Thanatos from killing it?
Because its still a higher plane of existence than what Bard and Thanatos exist on

What's stasis?
Completely being frozen in the same state until it ends (or in this case forever). Not quite time manipulationg but it can be done with time manipulation.

Son.

True form Thanatos is already in a higher plane of existence.

Thanatos in a host body is in the mortal plane.

No reason for Thanatos to no reach another plane to kill Bard.

Yeah I ma still waiting for an answer to that if he can not escpae Stasis I dont see him even pulling a win against Bard.

Rocker1189 said:
Yeah I ma still waiting for an answer to that if he can not escpae Stasis I dont see him even pulling a win against Bard.
If its comparable to Hypnos' hax, it should not be a problem

If you mean the sleepy thing it is abosolutely nothing like that. More like they are put in unending stagnation(completely unable to move or even do anything) for eternity.

Back