• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weekly's surprise: Bard vs Thanatos

PaChi2 said:
That sounds like OP paralysis and nothing else.
But it is not paralysis, it is like they are locked out of the world (while still being in it) in whatever position they were in forever. Think sort of like time manipulation on someone's body but much stronger and focussed.

I could say that 7th sense allows Thanatos to lolnope estasis because "muh Cosmos burns so I keep moving"... something that happens more often that you may think. If it affects the mind, sorry but you will need to try harder because god cosmos already makes him resistant to mind attacks.

It does not affect his mind dude it affects his body. It has nothing to do with mind manipulation and senses have nothing to do with it either....

Stasis doesnt affect the mind but Bard does have the ability to instantly obliterate a person's personality, memories, and emotions

Rocker1189 said:
It does not affect his mind dude it affects his body. It has nothing to do with mind manipulation and senses have nothing to do with it either....
Not affecting his 7th sense is critical for it to actually work, btw.

Its his Cosmos.

@Weekly could you call Matt? pretty please?

What can his Cosmos do I am very confused. Why does it need to work on his 7th sense for him to be beatable. If he can not move(or do anything) it does not matter that his mind still works.

Rocker1189 said:
I just read up on the seventh sense and I have to ask how does that affect anything I just said?
Dont take this seriously:

Bard: I put you into eternal stasis, Thanatos!

Thanatos: ****. Burn my cosmo!

>Thanatos starts shining.

>Thanatos starts moving again.

Thanatos: my cosmos can overcome your puny tricks!

Bard: The ****.

^If you were reading Saint Seiya, this'd be the most likely scenario lol.

WeeklyBattles said:
@PaChi Except he wouldnt be able to do that as stasis nulls powers and weapons as well
You are saying that Thanatos gets power nulled?

Now that's something more than "affecting his body".

That's why I was asking if his cosmos was alright or not.

Ok but firstly this is how it would really go.

Thanatos: What the **** are you?

Bard: -chimes happily-

Thanatos: Die!!!!

Bard: -chimes agressively?(how do you even do that? is that possible? whatever)-

Thanatos' body stops moving suddenly.

Thanatos: No!!, my cosmos!!!

Completely frozen in stasis forever, or until Bard feels like helping him(if he has not forgotten).

The moment thanatos says "Die", the Bard in front of him dies, btw.

PaChi2 said:

Yes, Stasis makes anything affected unable to move, attack, or use abilities or weapons, even passive abilities are nullified

PaChi2 said:

Oh now I understand, I mistakened what you said yeah all powers are nulled.

Stasis is like... Welp, you are completely "stopped". Passive and active powers are shutdown, you can't move.

Actually, Bard's type 9 comes from an POSSIBLY higher-dimensional being iirc. And his plane of existence is unknown, since he can freely travel between planes of reality.

Yeah Bard is OP. I was surprised to see him only in 3-B on the wiki but I guess with no destructive feats apart from other champions he scales off of we can not get him higher.

I will answer this much later when I get back home and use my computer, but rest assured that the Bard will not even get a chance to sing songs of lament for his defeat.

@Kep Youre gonna need actual reasoning

And by the way im seeing things Bard has both an AP advantage and speed amps for a speed advantage

He is unfathomably and unimaginably more powerful than all 12 Gold Saints with their 8th Sense combined.

Honestly Bard is not that high in AP. He is unquantifiably higher than Zoe, who is unquantifiably higher than Aurelion Sol, who is 2 galaxies worth of power with Voice of Light in his Ashen Lord skin.

Saga's Galaxian Explosion with the 7th Sense is implied to be able to encompass the Local Group, a Gold Saint with the 8th Sense is absurdly stronger. Thanatos is unfathomably stronger than all Gold Saints with the 8h Sense combined, and Hypnos was able to take a hit from Seiya with the God Cloth

Bard is more powerful than other Celestials, who are so powerful that Zoe with just a mere fraction of their power is strong enough to be casually above Aurelion Sol, who is extremely casually 3-B to the point that he is 3-B through his will alone

@Schro

Aurelion sustaining all stars in the universe is only a 4-A feat. Not at all high end 3-B.

@Schrokatze

Only the stars in the galaxies. There is a big difference between destroying a galaxy in one shot and sustaining all the stars (even all the matter) in a galaxy.

So, basically:

Aurelion is 3-B via his will alone (sustains all galaxies, not just the stars)

Zoe > Airelion.

Bard id ridiculously above Zoe, and is said to exist in a higher plane.

@Schro its more like

Sol is 3-B through his will alone

Zoe >>> Sol

Most other Celestials >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zoe

Bard > Most other Celestials

Aurelion explicitly says to Tryndamere "Yeah, thats a cool sword. But Galaxies exists by my will."

Back