• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weather Report Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the calc itself seems to have been accepted, and I assume that this wouldn't scale to anyone aside from WR. Though some calc members should weigh in before this is accepted.

It looks fine, although a note should be added to indicate that this upgrade is only for Heavy Weather itself

Oh yeah i remember seeing this calc a while back.

Well it definitely seems to have been majorly accepted and Alaka has so far commented on this. If DT and a couple more from the calc team acccept this, then this could aite to put in.

Of course, the calc is only scaled to Weather Reports Heavy Weather stand...

I also think that it seems okay to add, if the OBD and Alakabamm think that it is acceptable.

Bumping this, since everyone so far seems to find it acceptable and we only need a few more opinions.

The question is, does it scale to WR's durability?

I would like to see the original feat in question (or statement), but the calc looks fine to me as long as the function of Weather Report is to break down molecules.

So, does anybody want to adjust the character?

Hmm. Should it be like noted that this of course only applies to Weather Reports stand ability and not physically?

CrossverseCrisis said:
Hmm. Should it be like noted that this of course only applies to Weather Reports stand ability and not physically?
Possibly, though that might be obvious enough since I left his striking strength and durability unchanged.

I mean, he'd likely be using his ability, anyway. It's not like his main strategy was punching things, so I doubt people would assume his punches are Island level. Especially since his Striking Strength is still TJ.

Speaking of which, weren't the Jojo characters recently upgraded based on another character's ability to envelop a town in mist? Or did I misunderstand? If I did not misunderstand, I do not think that this seems like a good gauge for destructive power/attack potency, as it sounds more like glass cannon useless hax territory than anything else.

@Ant The JoJo chars were upgraded due to a character sucking in fog that was enveloping the entire town, not for covering the town in fog

Antvasima said:
Speaking of which, weren't the Jojo characters recently upgraded based on another character's ability to envelop a town in mist? Or did I misunderstand? If I did not misunderstand, I do not think that this seems like a good gauge for destructive power/attack potency, as it sounds more like glass cannon useless hax territory than anything else.
I think I explained this on the blog, but no, they weren't. Justice (the stand that was the mist covering a town) was attacking the protagonists, and Jotaro defeated it by having Star Platinum inhale all of it in an absurdly short amount of time, causing its user to choke. The KE of absorbing that much fog in that short amount of time was calced (and came out to MCB+), which is what things are scaled off of.

I thought that we agreed about the upgrade?

There are two versions of weather report, one base and the other heavy weather. This is heavy weather, not weather report base

Perhaps there should be a tag added below Weather Report for "heavy weather", and then someone can add the Island level feat somewhere in the profile?

Alternatively, you can add "6-C via heavy weather" beside his tiering or something.

Aye.

Well given that we've upgraded Weather Reports Heavy Weather (and speed that we somehow forgot), i think it'stime to close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back