• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We will now use bold text for Intelligence, Stamina, and Range statistics

Yeah seems fine so far, though some like Azathoth suffer from "cant be properly rated so they're Unknown"itus.
Oh, ya

Since “irrelevant” rating does not exist at all. I will be optionally replacing it as “Unknown”, although, some of them should be “infinite” or something else, but I won't really bother with it.

Perfect, fixing now the irrelevant non-existent rating and converting it to “unknown” as well as re-checking tier 0 and tier 11 if there is anything missing, and it works perfectly!

As well as, I could successfully find a way to skip those already added bolded formatting to the aforementioned sections/levels.

Perfect, I will supervise now two additional tiers with the least pages, and will start automatic-mass edit to bigger tiers, and possibly finish the project today.

What is the next least pages tier category?

Last edited:
For stamina, on this page, the "infinte" got bolded perfectly fine, and on this page the "Average" also got bolded perfectly fine... probably because both "Average" and "Infinte" are listed under the Basic Guidelines.

However, on this page, it only bolded the word "average" instead of the full "Above Average," and it outright ignored the "Endless" part. Here it ignored the "Limitless." Moreover, I know we advise against using words like "High" and "Very High," but many pages still have it, and the bot doesn't seem to pick up on that either.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that, since we don't have stamina standards that are set in stone, it will likely be hard to target specific words for the stamina section for this change. We could try to focus on words like the ones I listed above (commonly used ones that are not specified on the Basic guidelines, i.e., limitless, endless, etc) but I don't know how much more inclusive that would be.

Also, not nearly a big issue, but there seems to be some capitalization mistakes here and there (like here [intelligence], here [range]). If this is an issue w/ the bot coding, it should probably be addressed because while incorrect capitalization isnt a major problem, if the bot changes it on thousands of pages later on, that probably wouldn't be good.

@Antvasima @ImmortalDread

If I am not wrong, this was before figuring out that there is inconsistent formatting in pages. Which I fixed it later.

Also, Endless is not an appropriate term by our standards, my bot (or my code) goes through the basic standards. High and Low are not even defined, I got suggestion from @Mr._Bambu that we replace every instance of High to "At least Above Average" and every instance of Low to "At most Below Average" or simply do it list it as “unknown”.

the bot doesn't seem to pick up on that either.
Because I never add it to list. It is not official.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that, since we don't have stamina standards that are set in stone,
We do have standards, they are never properly followed.

(like here [intelligence], here [range]). If this is an issue w/ the bot coding, it should probably be addressed because while incorrect capitalization isnt a major problem, if the bot changes it on thousands of pages later on, that probably wouldn't be good.
These are not by me and neither by my bot. Look at it careful.

If I am not wrong, this was before figuring out that there is inconsistent formatting in pages. Which I fixed it later.
Alrighty, if it’s fixed now, that’s good.
We do have standards, they are never properly followed.
If you’re talking about the guidelines, I don’t believe those are standards in the sense that we require them to be followed.
Because of this and the inherent variability of stamina, it is difficult to create a comprehensive and consistent universal ranking system for these feats, although some guidelines can be established. Because of this, it is best to explain and source examples of a character's stamina feats rather than simply state a generalised rating.
To reiterate, these are only basic guidelines and should not be treated as a replacement for proper explanations, sources, and justifications. Please avoid generic terms such as "high" or "very high" and so on, as well
Something that’s also established through precedence as well iirc.

^^This should address the other points as well
These are not by me and neither by my bot. Look at it careful.
If this is an issue w/ the bot coding,

Though is there a way to simultaneously fix this as well, or would that be a lot of extra work?

This is not true and you misunderstand the standards. We don't create random new tiers for those sections, and it is never an established through precedence. The standards that you quoted explicitly articulate why it is preferable to incorporate justifications to the aforementioned sections rather than solely incorporating tiers/levels.

Though is there a way to simultaneously fix this as well, or would that be a lot of extra work?
Extra work.

For stamina, on this page, the "infinite" got bolded perfectly fine, and on this page the "Average" also got bolded perfectly fine... probably because both "Average" and "Infinte" are listed under the Basic Guidelines.

However, on this page, it only bolded the word "average" instead of the full "Above Average," and it outright ignored the "Endless" part. Here it ignored the "Limitless." Moreover, I know we advise against using words like "High" and "Very High," but many pages still have it, and the bot doesn't seem to pick up on that either.
Our Intelligence, Range, and Stamina statistics should also mostly have the first letters in their words capitalised.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/B...rse)?type=revision&diff=8235993&oldid=7953777
Basically what I'm trying to say is that, since we don't have stamina standards that are set in stone, it will likely be hard to target specific words for the stamina section for this change. We could try to focus on words like the ones I listed above (commonly used ones that are not specified on the Basic guidelines, i.e., limitless, endless, etc) but I don't know how much more inclusive that would be.
As far as I am aware, our stamina standards are set in stone, but "Limitless" and "Endless" stamina should preferably be changed to "Infinite", yes.
Also, not nearly a big issue, but there seems to be some capitalization mistakes here and there (like here [intelligence], here [range]). If this is an issue w/ the bot coding, it should probably be addressed because while incorrect capitalization isnt a major problem, if the bot changes it on thousands of pages later on, that probably wouldn't be good.]
Okay. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Last edited:
As far as I am aware, our stamina standards are set in stone, but "Limitless" and "Endless" stamina should preferably be changed to "Infinite", yes.
Noted. I added this to my code.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. 🙏
They were undercapitalized before I added bolding to them. I don't think it is possible to capitalise them and bold them simultaneously.

I have a question regarding this:
Also, Endless is not an appropriate term by our standards, my bot (or my code) goes through the basic standards. High and Low are not even defined, I got suggestion from @Mr._Bambu that we replace every instance of High to "At least Above Average" and every instance of Low to "At most Below Average" or simply do it list it as “unknown”.

Endless is not an appropriate term by our standards, my bot (or my code) goes through the basic standards. High and Low are not even defined, I got suggestion from @Mr._Bambu that we replace every instance of High to "At least Above Average" and every instance of Low to "At most Below Average" or simply do it list it as “unknown”.
I think that "High" and "Low" should probably be changed to "Unknown" instead.
Alright, I need more staff opinion because those two terms are very famous, and we may get half of 30k pages turning it to “unknown”.
@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath

What do you think?

I think that "High" and "Low" are far too unspecific (do not provide almost any information on their own) to do anything but change them to "Unknown" instead.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @DarkGrath

What do you think?

I think that "High" and "Low" are far too unspecific (do not provide almost any information on their own) to do anything but change them to "Unknown" instead.
I think it depends on the page
Go off the justification and change to the rating you think fits it, and if there is nothing then go with "Unknown"

Making 10 to 20 second judgement calls while speed-editing does not seem to be a good idea, and we would end up with an enormous amount of misleading statistics if we do what Shion suggested above.

What do you think?

Provided my opinion to Dread last night. Do you want something more?

Go off the justification and change to the rating you think fits it, and if there is nothing then go with "Unknown"
Ya, but we are going for mass-edit. I can't realistically evaluate every page (this is 30k pages project)

that "High" and "Low" are far too unspecific (do not provide almost any information on their own) to do anything but change them to "Unknown" instead.
Options are either "High = Above Average, Low = Below Average" or we make them all unknown.

Imo it's better to give them something, but Unknown is thr safer choice.

If a profile has “High” its obviously “High” for an Average Human so its atleast Above Average

If a profile has Low its obvious “Low” compared to an Average Human so its likely Below Average

Saying Unknown to all of them would cause some profiles imo

Options are either "High = Above Average, Low = Below Average" or we make them all unknown.

"At least Above Average/Below Average".

It acknowledges that they can be or even probably are higher.

I also suggested all Unknown, but the distinction there is important.

Provided my opinion to Dread last night. Do you want something more?
Well a reevaluation would be appreciated, given that I think that your suggested approach would add a lot of very inaccurate and misleading statistics to a massive amount of pages.

I'd prefer just changing them to Above Average/Below Average (no "at least"s or anything, since trying to do so would heavily complicate the script for not much gain), and leaving verse supporters to clean it up. Especially since changing to Unknown would leave them still needing to clean it up, anyway.

But I wouldn't mind if we just changed them to Unknown.

I'd also suggest that verse experts changing the new ratings to something reasonable based on the evidence already on the profile shouldn't require a CRT.

Last edited:
If the page explains the rating it should be easy enough to rate. Worst case someone revises it at a later date.
I don't think leaving a bunch of pages as Unknown is much better.
Dread will not have sufficient time to do this in a well-informed manner for thousands of pages, and Unknown is a better option for replacing it later, as "High" and "Low" are meaningless extremely unspecific terms.

Well a reevaluation would be appreciated, given that I think that your suggested approach would add a lot of very inaccurate and misleading statistics to a massive amount of pages.
I think that "High" and "Low" should probably be changed to "Unknown" instead.
Alright, I didn't read the above conversation above this point, so I had thought you were aware.

I suggested this, first. I provided the alternative of "At least Above Average/At most Below Average" afterwards, as they are both also technically true when dealing with statements of "High/Low". I think either are fine.

Thank you. 🙏

I'd prefer just changing them to Above Average/Below Average (no "at least"s or anything, since trying to do so would heavily complicate the script for not much gain), and leaving verse supporters to clean it up. Especially since changing to Unknown would leave them still needing to clean it up, anyway.
Yes, but unknown just means that we do not know what the people who wrote "High" or "Low" mean, which we generally do not, or at least Dread does not have the time to evaluate it all sufficiently well.

Otherwise we would just use random guesswork.
But I wouldn't mind if we just changed them to Unknown.
Thank you. 🙏
I'd also suggest that verse experts changing the new ratings to something reasonable based on the evidence already on the profile shouldn't require a CRT.
What do you mean? For example, Intelligence and Stamina ratings that blatantly contradict our standards, can already be modified by our higher staff members, based on the information within the character pages they were placed in.

Alright, I didn't read the above conversation above this point, so I had thought you were aware.

I suggested this, first. I provided the alternative of "At least Above Average/At most Below Average" afterwards, as they are both also technically true when dealing with statements of "High/Low". I think either are fine.
Thank you for being reasonable. 🙏

What do you mean? For example, Intelligence and Stamina ratings that blatantly contradict our standards, can already be modified by our higher staff members, based on the information within the character pages they were placed in.
I just mean that once they're updated from "High/Low" to "Unknown" that a user could update them to something appropriate, based on existing information.

On another topic, I would caution Dread some care when updating this, since some pages may include ratings like "Very high", and may have multiple stamina ratings within one key, so a lot of care would need to be taken to not change these into something like "Very Unknown".

I just mean that once they're updated from "High/Low" to "Unknown" that a user could update them to something appropriate, based on existing information.
Well, I do not want members who have not proven their abilities to evaluate well to do so, but maybe we can allow it for our administrators and thread moderators?
On another topic, I would caution Dread some care when updating this, since some pages may include ratings like "Very high", and may have multiple stamina ratings within one key, so a lot of care would need to be taken to not change these into something like "Very Unknown".
Good point. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Well, I do not want members who have not proven their abilities to evaluate well to do so, but maybe we can allow it for our administrators and thread moderators?
The same ones that probably only figured out what the **** the verse was by seeing the profile in the first place?

I'd rather a Verse supporter potentially be wrong then have a mod be more wrong.

Cause the former is a lot less of a bad look then the ladder.

Mind giving an example, so I can imagine it what you meant (or check if I understood it correctly)

Now that you mention it, I'm thinking of suggesting a new level of Stamina for this wiki. I'll make a CRT on it.

Back