• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wart: Another Low 2-C Enemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If mouser can destroy a dream and dreams are stated to be spacetimes and Wart buffed him with magic then that should be low 2-C.

take my words with a grain of salt tho because I don’t have the scan stating they are tho I do know it’s from dream team. Someone else can probably find it.

Do you have a screenshot?

Also Subcon refers to this:
unknown.png

• Four. Mouser stuff. Mouser is stated to be a "bomber of bad dreams that destroys good dreams". He literally shows up and throws bombs and this ruins the good dreams, not because his bombs are destroying entire dimensions, they evidently don't have that range, they are normal bombs, but because by throwing bombs around like a freaking terrorist he is (pardon the pun) terrorizing Subcon and putting an end to good dreams. I hope this is well explained.
  • Five. This is just the same statement reworded. Mouser throws bombs that "destroy sweet dreams". I understand that you want to argue Mouser is a universe buster but this ain't it. He isn't destroying any dream worlds. We never see him do anything remotely similar, your interpretation of what he does is incongruent with the game.

If it's the "Can destroy sweet dreams" thing again. I really don't want to go back to that again. They're not literally talking about one-shotting Dream Worlds, it's nothing but a metaphor for, "It will put you to sleep and give you nightmares". It has nothing to do with destroying literally worlds.

Also, I have been reading a lot of stuff on both sides. I also disagree with the OP about it being an AP upgrade. But like Culex, I see a range upgrade is in order. But I need time to explain later.

If it's the "Can destroy sweet dreams" thing again. I really don't want to go back to that again. They're not literally talking about one-shotting Dream Worlds, it's nothing but a metaphor for, "It will put you to sleep and give you nightmares". It has nothing to do with destroying literally worlds.

Also, I have been reading a lot of stuff on both sides. I also disagree with the OP about it being an AP upgrade. But like Culex, I see a range upgrade is in order. But I need time to explain later.
That’s a much better argument. Matt just said the bombs don’t look like universe level when stuff like that happens a lot in fiction.

I’ll wait for Weeb and Hadou to respond

Ok, In Dream Team it is shown that you can dream in the dream world, thus creating a universe inside a universe. And yes, the Mouser thing is a hyperbole, I will just put this here:
unknown.png

That’s a much better argument. Matt just said the bombs don’t look like universe level when stuff like that happens a lot in fiction.
I also talked about the same thing. That "destroys sweet dreams" isn't literal and it's more a metaphor that he brings harm and nightmares.

I think there was something about Mouser or his bombs destroying the save files in the remake or something actually on-screen (is that even gone into detail in some text? >.>), but that seems too 4th wall meta and would also involve how you don't treat 1-ups being like, different marios and such from alternate worlds since we ignore that meta logic lol.

Last edited:
Now, if it was said he could destroy the sweet dreams of others, the "the" would give it a personification, but even then it wouldn't make it through.

You said that the bombs don’t look like universe+ and that you never see him do it in game.
"He literally shows up and throws bombs and this ruins the good dreams, not because his bombs are destroying entire dimensions"

I said the same thing, just in less detail.

Also, then there's this, which is how Wart created the monsters. He used the dream machine, which is stated to affect the dreams of the whole Muu people, which is iffy.
unknown.png

(ima go to sleep, see ya in the morning)

"He literally shows up and throws bombs and this ruins the good dreams, not because his bombs are destroying entire dimensions"

I said the same thing, just in less detail.
Exactly. You’re saying the bombs aren’t universe level therefore they can’t destroy a dream world and can only ruin it.

Anyway my last response to this before I sleep is that it just says he’s destroying dreams without further context. Saying he’s just ruining the dreams would be an assumption since nothing really proves that’s what he’s referring to. If it said ruin sweet dreams then sure

Therefore we should take it at face value and say that Mouser can destroy a universe (as dumb as that sounds), since dreams = spacetimes.

I’m sure weeb and hadou can come up with a better response though.

Therefore we should take it at face value and say that Mouser can destroy a universe (as dumb as that sounds), since dreams = spacetimes.
No. It's just one line that's not literal. You need more evidence than one line in it of itself. His bombs demonstrably don't have the range to destroy dreams and if you look at the Mouser quote in juxtaposition of all the other enemy quotes from the manual they all say that they are "bringing in bad dreams" or something by wrecking havock. It's not "Mouser blows up universe", that's such a leap in logic that no one but a versus debater would make.

The argument for the scaling is simply ridiculous, as has been pointed out by Saikou as well. We do not scale characters to their Power Sources in this wiki, mate, at least not anymore. Being empowered by a magic artifact or a spell doesn't necessarily mean that you are using the full extent of the thingy's power, or else all its energy would literally run out the moment the character attacked. It would be like saying that electrical devices in your house such as a computer or a lightbulb "scale to the full power of the reactor powering your entire town". Or worse, to say that a Solar Panel is 4-C because it's powered by the sun.
This argument again? Unless we're assuming Wart's magic used to amplify their energy was HEAVILY downplayed by an infinite amount, it SHOULD backscale. Saying he would be suddenly tired is an invalid argument since again, he'd have to severely downplay it. Hell, I could play Devil's Advocate and say Wart had plenty of time to recover, you still have plenty of levels and bosses before you go and fight Wart. It's even stated enemies will go out of their way to do everything they can in order to defeat everyone. And seriously? A Solar Panel is a battery that uses sun energy, sure, but it has a limit on how much it absorbs. Nothing implies that's the case for amplifying an enemy.

Screenshot_20201013-191514.jpg

Letting that aside, Wart's minions are EVIDENTLY not as powerful as he is, as he is their boss and also the main villain and final enemy you face in the game. A villain empowering his minions is a common trope in fiction that does not denote that they are as powerful as the villain. They can't be in order for Wart to still be the main threat.
Yeah, and? Not being equal to someone doesn't mean you can't backscale, just look at any scaling chain. Okay, so prove that's the case for Wart's enemy or it's just your personal headcanon. Inb4 he responds, "No, that's YOUR headcanon".

And you also haven't addressed how Wart's "bubbles" scale to his AP, but more on that later.
Because magic attacks in which the magic can cause powerful thinks scale to it. Crazy, huh?

THIS IS NOT HOW LANGUAGE WORKS. Seriously, the fact that one word can be used to refer to something in one context doesn't necessarily mean that it will apply to that same definition under any other context. Seriously, nobody but Versus Debaters think like this. They try to prove the meaning of words across an entire fictional universe by finding one time where it was used in that context and then try to apply that to every other usage of that word in all instances in that series. This makes no sense whatsoever and is absolutely ridiculous once you apply it to non-versus debate issues.
I like how this entire section doesn't go for my argument, but instead whine and say it makes no sense. Saying it's a figure of speech is more headcanon, why would they do that when they're clearly panicking about this and are in desperate needs of help?

Leaving that aside, the subject of "State" in the case of Super Mario Bros 2 evidently does not refer to the entire spatial fabric of Subcon, as you are insisting that it does. The scenery of Subcon is evidently not altered by Wart's magic, you are still traversing Subcon as it normally is, the only issue is that it is currently under the rule of Wart and overrun with his evil minions. The "natural state" that Mario and friends are tasked with repairing is the freedom of Subcon's people, not a cosmological structure being corrupted. Subcon wasn't turned into a distorted nightmare realm under Wart's power, no, he just took over it.
Oh, so you've seen how Subcon looks before it was took over? Would love to see it. What would his magic even do at that case? If it were only about trapping the people of Subcon in a jar, what magic would be needed there? Those jars are all over the place and can be entered at anytime. No magic needed there. The monsters weren't created by his curse either. So what's the point in even bringing up a curse? Neither of the arguments prove he needs magic.

This argument is really bad too... As it provides no source whatsoever for the claim being made. You're effectively saying that "It would be a very short timeframe as the thing I'm saying has a short timeframe implies it takes him a short time". You're literally arguing that the assumption proves the assumption.
Because his death ultimately stops the curse, that's why. I had a reason, which I will explain below.

Leaving that aside... It's also a very bad argument in it of itself, as well? Weeb here is conceding that Wart's curse took him a "short timeframe" to cast, but it still denotes a timeframe, meaning that Weeb implictly agrees that it isn't something Wart can just do with a snap of his fingers. Rather, it requires specific time and casting, even if brief.

Even assuming a random timeframe of 5 minutes for the casting this would still not scale to Wart's normal magic power as it took him 5 minutes to do so. It doesn't matter that the timeframe was brief, it still wouldn't scale. In VSBW the standard assumed timeframe for Attack Potency is one second, as that is the timeframe behing a Watt (Joule/second), which is how energy is actually measured in real life.
Could you post something that shows our standards say they need to instant? I can't find anything that's stated it must be done within a second, no less.

Finally, the curse being lifted with his death only denotes that WArt was personally responsible for it. It was his magic so it goes away with him, natural. The only way it would PHYSICALLY scale is if the reason behind the curse is that Wart is literally so fat and ugly and evil that his very presence corrupted Subcon, which doesn't seem to be the case.

If you have the power to manipulate something and the death reverses it, that implies it's on that level. "such as warping and distorting the entirety of the structure in question, sustaining its existence with one's own, merging the structure with another one, etc." And to clarify, he's sustaining the dream's curse which affects Subcon, simple.

I'm... Genuinely not sure where Weeb is coming from him. It's like he's arguing from a completely separate parallel universe and I'm concerned over what past experiences led him to think like this.
This you?
unknown.png

I mean, seriously, Magic varying from natural power is up there with the most basic assumptions in the entire wiki. Magic Users have their feats scale TO THEIR MAGIC, not everything else. If a Magic User has a high-level feat with a spell, it will be with magic. Most characters that are primarily magic users have Striking Strengths and Durabilities far inferior to their Attack Potency, unless they are being amplified somehow.
Because this isn't an RPG like Dragon Quest, Persona, or EarthBound where you increase your magic attacks as you go on. It scales physically because the cast takes hits from the magic bubbles. He's also called strong and that you need all of your strength to beat him. I mean as long as you agree his magic attack scale, then I'm fine with that. His durability however would still scale to the cast as he's unaffected by the vegetables unlike any other boss. You have to shove them down his throat.
"Squishy Wizard" is one of the most common tropes in fantasy fiction, come on now. Or do you really think Dumbledore is physically Small Building level or whatever because of his spells?

Furthermore, different spells tend to have different results and there is little reason to assume all spells will scale with each other, unless there's specific in-lore reasons to assume such. Spells with different cast times / prep-time to use would also naturally be different AP wise.
Yes, but in those cases, they have examples showing this. Wart is not that case. It'd be the other way around, prove the potency is varying. You're the one claiming his levels of magic vary, so you need to prove it.

Can you explain why instead of just saying that "People agree with it so it is"? Please?

I want to know the evidence.

Because from my perspective of these last two threads, "Mario Supporters" agree is not a good measure of anything, I'm sorry.

And again, who cares, we are not backwards scaling cosmology back to Mario 2, this was already established in this thread, I'm sorry you still want to do this. I'm not.
You ask for scans and will deny them regardless? Meh, in-canon they should be nothing different about them. Otherwise we wouldn't even say retcons are a thing that change up lore. Still using them.

Okay so I already brought up the stuff from SMB2 about Subcon being called a universe and it also being referred to as a world many times, meaning world in-context stands for universe. I've also shown they have a starry sky and day-night system.

In Mario Party 5, as stated before, there are dreams, most notably Future Dream, that are entire universes. This is stated both in-manual and by Misstar.

latest

Here we see all dreams are similar in size.

Dreambert also refers to dreams and reality as "worlds", comparing the two.

The Zeekeeper creates a portal, in which Dreambert comes out and states that he's actually crossing dimensions.

There also exists many stars and constellations inside these dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_omH47LFAxs&feature=youtu.be&t=2838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvysBQl1kOk&feature=youtu.be&t=1017

Dreams are also displayed having their own separate time between there and the real world.
https://youtu.be/o47tGo5FDtY?t=536

The word "World" doesn't mean universe Weeb we've been over this. All you're saying is that it's a word. It having stars just means it may be a pocket dimension, and it having time is true of like every dimension in fiction save for those that don't and it's not indicative of size. Time isn't spatial.
You giving your thoughts does not mean I auto agree. Once again, in the same scan, Subcon was stated to be both a universe and world. So I can use both in the same context. If both are used in the same context, there's no reason to ignore it.
unknown.png

The Subcon has no direct evidence that it is a universe in it of itself. I'm sorry. All it has is a Nintendo Power quote that says "Mario must save the universe". That's it. Nobody has addressed this yet.
If it's another world that's separated from the main universe, has tons of stars all over, and is called a universe... it's pretty ******* obvious it's a universe. What more do you suddenly want? "bring back peace to the universe" outright states its a universe. They could've said world and you wouldn't bat an eye, but when the proof is blatant, then use headcanon.

It literally is. It's the only tangible effect of the curse that is established in the game.
Only you ignore Wart never used magic to create these enemies at all, some of these enemies already existed before and only work with Wart.

So what. Subcon has dreams. Evil dreams happening now because of Wart's meddling has nothing to do with him creating universes like you insist he does.
Because I was saying these monsters exist separate from Subcon. Nothing states the evil dreams are within Subcon, that's still your own headcanon.

I don't think the curse is involved with existing bad dreams, I said the opposite. I think the curse, evidently by the evidence being posted (which you yourself have shared and which I will address now soon) does not show that Wart "making good dreams bad" has to do with any cosmic reality warping or dream manipulation. It's a very physical process that has to do with his forces terrorizing the dreams.
Don't put words in my mouth. I said these dreams already existed prior to Subcon being cursed, and Wart was the source of those dreams. Plain and simple, I wasn't saying he made existing dreams as bad.

One. Gray Snifits are stated to shoot "Nightmare Bullets". Again this shows how literally physical Wart's curse is. He has literal minions shooting people as the cause of dreams becoming nightmares. Mario defeats these guys and it stops. Pidgits are also said to be the "bearers of bad dreams", ignoring that this is just super vague it also doesn't mean much at all. They just soar through the sky on magic carpets and attack people, again.
"shooting people as the cause of dreams becoming nightmares"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cHi1CaSlDo

Matt, are you implying that these characters can make good dreams become bad dreams, meaning they're manipulating it and Wart is the source of all that? Thanks. Before you say I am putting words in your mouth, you saying the curse is physical only helps my case in you saying he's changing Subcon itself. Both scans either way are meant to prove that bad dreams already exist, not sure what else you're trying to debate.

Two. This just says that he is a part of a "Club from evil dreams". This just confirm that evil dreams exist and that this enemy comes from them. It has NOTHING tying it to Wart's AP. Whatsoever.
Yes. Evil dreams exist. "Evil" dreams. Wart is the "source" of all evil in the dream worlds. Putting two and two?

Three. Another Snifit. he is describing as "spiting the bullets of evil dreams from his mouth". Again, do you see how physical and literal Wart's curse is? The dudes are literally running amok shooting people. It isn't a cosmic / spatial corruption of the dreamscape. How can you not see this.
Blaze FRA

Four. Mouser stuff. Mouser is stated to be a "bomber of bad dreams that destroys good dreams". He literally shows up and throws bombs and this ruins the good dreams, not because his bombs are destroying entire dimensions, they evidently don't have that range, they are normal bombs, but because by throwing bombs around like a freaking terrorist he is (pardon the pun) terrorizing Subcon and putting an end to good dreams. I hope this is well explained.

Five. This is just the same statement reworded. Mouser throws bombs that "destroy sweet dreams". I understand that you want to argue Mouser is a universe buster but this ain't it. He isn't destroying any dream worlds. We never see him do anything remotely similar, your interpretation of what he does is incongruent with the game.
Meh, it was just there for proof evil dreams are a thing.

The Cobrat image merely says that it appears on Toad's dreams, yes. As established in Super Mario Bros 2, all dreams take place in Subcon as all the four characters literally end up there in their sleep. Certainly multiple dreams exist in Subcon but the evidence presented in the actual game isn't that Subcon is a multiverse or a collection of dimensions, just a broad "Dream World" where all dreams happen.
Hold your horses there, this isn't the Dream Depot were that actually has a thing saying it's a place where all dreams go to. Nowhere does it state that at all for Subcon.

But did you read it? It's a range feat, they state it's created for the world of dreams, in which they extend to all over the skies.

In order for him to even affect them, he'd have to do it within two separate dreams. Yet again another feat to prove Wart's magic has massive range.

Bad Dreams exist yes, but Wart isn't the source of all evil dreams in existence. He's the source of the new evil dreams that emerged from his terrorizing of Subcon.
He should be the source of evil dreams that are already mentioned, doesn't have to be every bad dream in existence. Plus there is nothing proven these bad dreams were just pre-existing dreams, and I've mentioned the other stuff above.

That's just a visual in the Save / Load File screen if you choose to delete a save file. It's not literally happening in-universe.
for a series prone to take 4th wall breaks literally and self aware they are from a game from our irl perspective (sometimes, looking at you bestovius, lord crump, gearmo, lubba,....bowser one of the worst) its not that far out there lol. regardles, its not enough on its own since meta logic gets shit on regularly with equalized irl dimensional interaction given bestovius and us irl humans being "another dimension" in their multiverse, which would also be in the group of all dimensions affected by the void, even if there is that screen with that scene with birdo to the left getting affected by the blast hinting it is really real too when it also cuts into that screen and blacks out.

Last edited:
I really wanted to resist commenting on this, as I'm neutral on Mario but some of Matt's statements here are absolutely ridiculous and border on backpedaling hard

That aside, I'd just push for this being range if anything, but I know one thing for sure. Dream are universes in Mario and it has been an established thing for ages

Because what would his magic/curse be related to? He didn't make these enemies via magic nor his curse. Return to its natural state would mean swapping Subcon to its original form. There's also Wart being the source of several evil dreams. I might have extra info tomorrow, unsure if it will be useful however.

No. It's just one line that's not literal. You need more evidence than one line in it of itself. His bombs demonstrably don't have the range to destroy dreams and if you look at the Mouser quote in juxtaposition of all the other enemy quotes from the manual they all say that they are "bringing in bad dreams" or something by wrecking havock. It's not "Mouser blows up universe", that's such a leap in logic that no one but a versus debater would make.
Look man I understand what you’re saying and one part of me agrees, but with this sites rules I don’t think this is correct.

The bombs not having range simply isn’t relevant. I mean SSG Goku can destroy a universe with the beerus feat, but when he went SSGSS against golden frieza the earth wasn’t destroyed when they fought. I mean if Saiyan God can destroy a universe and Saiyan Blue is supposed to be above that so the Earth logically should’ve been destroyed by his sheer power.

Bringing in bad dreams doesn’t really mean much but they’re gonna do something bad to the dreams. This doesn’t prove that mouser will only ruin the dreams instead of destroy them. It’s a theory that makes sense, but it’s still a theory.

With how this site works, if something is stated to be able to destroy a spacetime with no further context then that would easily be rated low 2-C. For mouser there is no context here besides “destroying dreams” and maybe “bringing in bad dreams” which again doesn’t mean much.

Because what would his magic/curse be related to? He didn't make these enemies via magic nor his curse. Return to its natural state would mean swapping Subcon to its original form. There's also Wart being the source of several evil dreams. I might have extra info tomorrow, unsure if it will be useful however.
Making enemies doesn’t mean he’s altering the physics of the dream world. Changing it back to its natural state just means the enemies are gone which isn’t universe level. The source of bad dreams part maybe but you gotta source that

Look man I understand what you’re saying and one part of me agrees, but with this sites rules I don’t think this is correct.

The bombs not having range simply isn’t relevant. I mean SSG Goku can destroy a universe with the beerus feat, but when he went SSGSS against golden frieza the earth wasn’t destroyed when they fought. I mean if Saiyan God can destroy a universe and Saiyan Blue is supposed to be above that so the Earth logically should’ve been destroyed by his sheer power.

Bringing in bad dreams doesn’t really mean much but they’re gonna do something bad to the dreams. This doesn’t prove that mouser will only ruin the dreams instead of destroy them. It’s a theory that makes sense, but it’s still a theory.

With how this site works, if something is stated to be able to destroy a spacetime with no further context then that would easily be rated low 2-C. For mouser there is no context here besides “destroying dreams” and maybe “bringing in bad dreams” which again doesn’t mean much.
This wasn't my argument at all. If a character can "destoy a space-time continuum" then that character would need the range to do so. Mouser evidently lacks the range so immediately I'm of the assumption that the statement about "destroys sweet dreams" isn't literal. DDM explained it in way further depth than I could as well.

This wasn't my argument at all. If a character can "destoy a space-time continuum" then that character would need the range to do so. Mouser evidently lacks the range so immediately I'm of the assumption that the statement about "destroys sweet dreams" isn't literal. DDM explained it in way further depth than I could as well.
Like I said the range in game isn’t relevant. For one thing it’s obviously a game mechanic and universe busters not destroying the universe when they’re fighting is a common thing in fiction.

I’ve also never heard of range being required to be low 2-C or any tier for that matter but I guess that doesn’t really matter anyway.

This argument again? Unless we're assuming Wart's magic used to amplify their energy was HEAVILY downplayed by an infinite amount, it SHOULD backscale. Saying he would be suddenly tired is an invalid argument since again, he'd have to severely downplay it. Hell, I could play Devil's Advocate and say Wart had plenty of time to recover, you still have plenty of levels and bosses before you go and fight Wart. It's even stated enemies will go out of their way to do everything they can in order to defeat everyone. And seriously? A Solar Panel is a battery that uses sun energy, sure, but it has a limit on how much it absorbs. Nothing implies that's the case for amplifying an enemy.
If Wart is Low 2-C, BIG IF, he would have to exhaust all his power to empower an enemy to his level. Yes. That's actually how it works. We don't assume being powered by a source means you scale to the source, I'm sorry if you think that's the case but it has no logic.

It has nothing to do with recovering it has to do with the fact that "Empowered some guys" is utterly unquantifiable without their feats. If Wart's full power is 10, people empowered by him can't be 10 with him still being either.

And yes, the solar panel is a very apt metaphor. It is a panel that absorbs power from the sun, but it cannot be as powerful as the sun. A random minion that gets his power from the big villain yet is nevertheless fodder is a very similar thing, their source of power is much greater than the power they're getting.

Yes, but in those cases, they have examples showing this. Wart is not that case. It'd be the other way around, prove the potency is varying. You're the one claiming his levels of magic vary, so you need to prove it.
Inversion of the Burden of Proof Fallacy.

Your claim: "Wart's physicals scale to his Curse."

Me: "No, they don't, where is the evidence? We don't even scale magic spells to physical AP unless there's evidence that they do. Wart's magic curse thing isn't even an offensive attack he uses in battle so why would it apply?"

You: "Prove it doesn't!"

I don't have to prove anything, mate. The burden of proof is yours.

And now we get on the stuff about proof for Dreams being Universes from Mario Party 5 and the like. First and foremost, I appreciate actually delivering the evidence. But secondly, since this is only tangencial to the Super Mario Bros 2 stuff, I will contain my addressing of the video and their statements in a spoiler.

1. I concede that Future Dream is a universe. This is evident both in the game and the manual, however I question whether or not this is something that applies to ALL dreams specifically. Let me explain:

Future Dream is a dream of the future, as the name implies. More broadly, it is a dream of Space Travel and Exploration. The description in the Manual even denotes this, as you traverse Future Dream by moving from space station to space station. And because Future Dream is a dream about space travel, it is a universe.

I don't think every single dream in Mario Party 5 is necessarily a universe as they, in this occasion, make a specific note about Future Dream being a universe. Which makes thematic sense given what the dream is.

I don't believe a "Sea Dream" would have to be universal in size, since the dream in question doesn't require it.

2. Dream size: The scene at the end shows all dreams floating like bubbles in a larger space. Certainly it confirms that dreams are dimensions but it does not necessarily confirm that every dream is a universe of similar size. This reminds me a lot of Sonic Shuffle where there is a literal scene where dreams are showing as bubbles "projected on a screen" in the wider space of the 4th Dimension, but that didn't lead to people accepting that all the dreams in that game were universal and equal. I'm not sure this credits scene necessarily shows that. But it can be read that way, I don't think it's a weird stretch.

3. Real World vs Dream World. This... This is just the Mario Bros 2 debate again. The usage of the word "world" does not necessarily mean universe. And I apologize if you think so, but I even made a meme about this. The word "World" can have countless meanings. And depending on whether or not the term "Sekai" was used in the Japanese version, then the meanings are even broader. The fact that the Dream World is called a "World" doesn't necessarily mean it's a universe.

4. I agree that dreams are dimensions and that they can have skies or stars, this isn't my problem. This also doesn't confirm that dreams are all universal in size either.

5. Pocket Dimensions can have separate flows of times as well. The Hyperbolic Time Chamber from Dragon Ball is a prime example of this, time is distorted there and flows separately from the real world yet it's the size of a planet. This isn't proof of universal size.

My final position based on the evidence you provided: Dream Worlds in Super Mario CAN be universal, but they aren't necessarily universal in size as their size and structure depends on the nature of the dream in question.

This doesn't change the Dream Depot being 2-B. I agree with that because it houses all dreams including dreams which are universal in size. I hope my viewpoint here is comprehensive.

Now back to Wart stuff.

If it's another world that's separated from the main universe, has tons of stars all over, and is called a universe... it's pretty ******* obvious it's a universe. What more do you suddenly want? "bring back peace to the universe" outright states its a universe. They could've said world and you wouldn't bat an eye, but when the proof is blatant, then use headcanon.

It's never directly called a universe, the statement only says that Mario must "bring peace to the universe.", not that Subcon is decidedly universal in scale.

Being separate from the universe and having starts doesn't make it universal either.

Thirdly, and most importantly, the only source where Subcon is MAYBE referred to as a universe is Nintendo Power, which was agreed in the last thread to not be a primary source and therefore not reliable. I went over this several times already but part of the reason why I'm not accepting universal Subcon in size is because it's from Nintendo Power.

Fourthly, none of this matters because Wart's Curse isn't AP. It's non-offensive hax at best.

Only you ignore Wart never used magic to create these enemies at all, some of these enemies already existed before and only work with Wart.
Plenty of the scans says that Wart used his magic to summon and /or control these enemies, and that he commands then. The enemies weren't there before Wart showed up. It's 1 + 1 baby.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said these dreams already existed prior to Subcon being cursed, and Wart was the source of those dreams. Plain and simple, I wasn't saying he made existing dreams as bad.
So you think Wart is an immortal entity that existed since the dawn of time and is the source of all bad dreams in existence and not just some evil frog wizard? Can you prove that Wart is this abstract entity you speak of?

I assume you can't cause there is no evidence of that. Wart isn't the cause of all bad dreams, just the new bad dreams that are plaguing Subcon since he arrived and took over.

Matt, are you implying that these characters can make good dreams become bad dreams, meaning they're manipulating it and Wart is the source of all that? Thanks. Before you say I am putting words in your mouth, you saying the curse is physical only helps my case in you saying he's changing Subcon itself. Both scans either way are meant to prove that bad dreams already exist, not sure what else you're trying to debate.
No, don't be dishonest and don't put words in my mouth.

You literally did. My argument is that the bad dreams are literally being caused by Wart's minions harming people. At least, this is what's heavily suggested by the "Nightmare bullets" scans.

If you were having a very lovely dream where you and your wife were together and happy, and then all of a sudden in the middle of that dream Scorpion from Mortal Kombat showed up, killed your wife, and then started beating the shit out of you (Just a random example) you'd say that dream suddenly turned into a nightmare, right? That's literally what's happening here with Wart's minions "bringing bad dreams" by attacking the people of Subcon.

Yes. Evil dreams exist. "Evil" dreams. Wart is the "source" of all evil in the dream worlds. Putting two and two?
It has nothing to do with AP, I already went over how Wart is bringing bad dreams into Subcon. He's not creating dimensions.

Hold your horses there, this isn't the Dream Depot were that actually has a thing saying it's a place where all dreams go to. Nowhere does it state that at all for Subcon.
I'M GLAD WE AGREE. Subcon and the Dream Depot are very different things and I feel people are converting the lore of the later into the former. The Dream Depot is definitely a multiversal place that houses several dimensions. Subcon is a Dream World singular. The lore of SMB2 USA and Mario Party 5 are incongruent with each other, probably because the former was written in America as a reskin of a game that wasn't even Mario to begin with, and the later was made in Japan

But did you read it? It's a range feat, they state it's created for the world of dreams, in which they extend to all over the skies.
Yes, Wart created one type of plant life in the Dream World. And mate, "they extend all over the skies" isn't universal range. It's not even planetary range, I don't see how this is evidence to support it.

In order for him to even affect them, he'd have to do it within two separate dreams. Yet again another feat to prove Wart's magic has massive range.
Or Wart went into Sub-Space and cursed / mind-controlled them there, and then commanded them to attack Subcon. He doesn't have to do it from his chair in Subcon. This doesn't prove cross-dimensional range.

This isn’t a good comparison since Dragon Ball characters can specifically control the area of effect of their attacks.

I’ve also never heard of range being required to be low 2-C or any tier for that matter but I guess that doesn’t really matter anyway.
Range is required to physically bust a universe which you insist Mouser can do. You can be low 2-C and have small range (Scaling) but if you are actually blowing up universes Beerus style you need range.

The Goku vs Frieza example isn't really the best comparison. It can be argued Goku and Frieza were just using their energy against each other and were actively trying to avoid destroying their battlefield as Goku obviously didn't want to destroy the Earth and Frieza promised Beerus not to ruin his food.

The Mouser example, people were allegedly arguing it could destroy the Dream World/Universe via their bombs. And unlike Ki attacks or strong punches, bombs are literally just meant to be high destructive military weapons. Nukes literally just explode, expand, and try to effect as much area as possible and not like there person who detonates it can telekinetically force the explosion closed once it blows. Where as Ki blasts often can function to where enough energy to blow up a universe does little to know damage to the inside of a house.

The Mouser example, people were allegedly arguing it could destroy the Dream World/Universe via their bombs. And unlike Ki attacks or strong punches, bombs are literally just meant to be high destructive military weapons. Nukes literally just explode, expand, and try to effect as much area as possible and not like there person who detonates it can telekinetically force the explosion closed once it blows. Where as Ki blasts often can function to where enough energy to blow up a universe does little to know damage to the inside of a house.
This tbh.

You can't have "Ki Control" on a bomb. It's a ******* bomb, they're designed to be as widely destructive as possible.

The Goku vs Frieza example isn't really the best comparison. It can be argued Goku and Frieza were just using their energy against each other and were actively trying to avoid destroying their battlefield as Goku obviously didn't want to destroy the Earth and Frieza promised Beerus not to ruin his food.

Again, sorry for the bad example, but I still think my point stands.

since this is really just a boss fight, if the bomb was omnidirectional then that would just be unfair for the player.

The range in game shouldn’t be relevant at all. If your saying that’s relevant then that’s the same thing as saying Mario dies to a goomba therefore he’s wall level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back