• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wario VS King Dedede

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's highly likely that King Dedede will use his Friend Heart. With interstellar range means four killometers starting distance, King Dedede definitely uses Friend Heart as his first attack instead of rushing over for a hammer attack, given he doesn't already have allies with him.

Actually, Wario in this case can one-shot. Because this is his Power Stars key, specifically in 3-C, he scales to Lumas. Which turn into galaxies. As well as single Power Stars. Making Wario 150x Galaxy Level. Wario one-shots. Given how Wario can simply dodge the Friend Heart and attack Dedede once. Also, Dedede doesn't start with Friend Hearts.

DatOneWeeb said:
Actually, Wario in this case can one-shot. Because this is his Power Stars key, specifically in 3-C, he scales to Lumas. Which turn into galaxies. As well as single Power Stars. Making Wario 150x Galaxy Level. Wario one-shots. Given how Wario can simply dodge the Friend Heart and attack Dedede once. Also, Dedede doesn't start with Friend Hearts.
Friend Heart is spammable, they start four kilometers away, meaning King Dedede will likely use his range to his advantage.

The first time King Dedede was alone and had Friend Heart powers, he is expected to use it as his first attack, he doesn't have allies with him already in this fight, and Friend Heart is a ranged move. It doesn't say how far Wario's "higher" range can go on his profile, if it's not four kilometers, then King Dedede stomps.

"Freind Heart is spammable"

Prove this. Because Star Allies does not allow you repeatedly throw them at a fast rate. 4km is nothing when these are MFTL+ characters. Wario is already experienced in dodging projectiles. Friend Hearts are singular projectiles. This is nothing new to him. He can also use perception manipulation to garuntee his hit.

James Plays 4 Games said:
I mean, it's highly likely that King Dedede will use his Friend Heart. With interstellar range means four killometers starting distance, King Dedede definitely uses Friend Heart as his first attack instead of rushing over for a hammer attack, given he doesn't already have allies with him.
The interstellar range comes from Kirby throwing something away, not into a target (granted it hit many space rocks at once). You could also argue he threw Marx into Nova but it's still nothing too reliable to claim that other characters would attack from that range when they never did so.

DatOneWeeb said:
May you request this to be in his profile? I don't disagree with it but I have no idea where does it come from. DDD was never a boss in a fight after he got the ability to make Friend Heart (nor would he use them with foes with the same power anyway), in gameplay use a Friend Heart is as easy as to press X. I'm not gonna claim he starts with it, just that he isn't strange to them and that he could.

DatOneWeeb said:
"Freind Heart is spammable"

Prove this. Because Star Allies does not allow you repeatedly throw them at a fast rate. 4km is nothing when these are MFTL+ characters. Wario is already experienced in dodging projectiles. Friend Hearts are singular projectiles. This is nothing new to him. He can also use perception manipulation to garuntee his hit.
Yes they are, people made up misconceptions about them in early vsthreads and refused to listen to anything beyond the big and loud stuff said by people that was quite unreliable. Friend Hearts aren't machine gun-fast but if you use one then you can throw another one before the one you used first may hit the target, and a third one depending on the distance.

You can read their description in DDD's Notable Attacks & Techniques and what I said about them in my blog about the verse, the part about misconceptions.

My explanation is that they are both clumsy, but King Dedede takes advantage of his amazing combat skill, while Wario's lets his clumsiness get the better of him despite having a better intellect rank that King Dedede. The starting distance makes there be a chance of King Dedede to use Friend Heart while at a distance or just rush over to his doom depite having higher combat skill. Maybe his higher skill might help him, I'm not too sure how it will work. King Dedede has started with Inhale in Kirby Super Star I think, but if he uses his hammer then Wario's durability and Regenerationn if even needed will just make him unaffected then boom hypnosis King Dedede loses. This matchup is tough since it could go different ways, multiple likely ways.

Okay, so here's what I've been thinking. King Dedede wouldn't actually just run into battle and die because he is a combat genius. He is scaled down in gameplay, or is scaled down cause all playable characters are combat geniuses. I think he will figure out Wario's power cause of his durability. It's definitely not unlikely for him to throw his hammer too, he can do it in lots of games. Wario's clumsiness gets the better of him, while King Dedede's great combat skill is very prominent, always fighting someone as skilled as Kirby. It even says on the profile that King Dedede is good at strategizing and adapting, so it wouldn't be unlikely to use something like his thunder or some long ranged attack if he finds out he can't attack Wario closely whatsoever. He is bound to use Friend Heart eventually, since Kirby characters seem to like to use a wide variety of attacks.

Though, Wario's Zone Speed might make it harder for King Dedede to do well, though doesn't Wario use only his shoulder bash attack often? Most that don't know about the Kirby series might not know about what I said, so I need to know what Wario's strategy would be. Using Zone Zpeed is just like using Friend Heart in my eyes, cause they both have only appeared in one game. No start with Friend Heart, no start with Zone Speed.

If Wario has a difficult time to hit his opponent or they start doing something difficult for him to dodge, Zone Speed could be plausible and is basically a free hit for Wario.

Difficult to tell honestly, so I'll just say a dash attack. However Wario himself isn't as clumsy as they say. He's actually a good fighter, keeping up with the Mario Bros and Bowser.

It's also pretty hard to tell what King Dedede's first attack is if he is scaled down for the player or because the playable characters are all combat geniuses. I don't want to make any headcanon combat strategies he would use.

So what are we going to do? I know that King Dedede's combat skill majorly comes into play but I can't picture it because he hasn't shown it other than scaling to Kirby.

Well, which is more likely? Dedede using something to quickly finish off Wario, or Wario getting a single hit to be done with?

I don't know, Kirby defeated Power Star powered Mario, so even if King Dedede doesn't always use Friend Heart, his skill and him using Inhale often as well as there being a chance to use Friend Heart comes into play.

Kirby vs Power Star Mario is pretty outdated now. Wario only needs one hit after all, since there's a chance he can use Zone Speed.

Only minorly related, but I never realized how narrow of a tier Galaxy level was compared to the tiers around it (ex. 3-B and 4-A are absolutely enormous)

Er, no. Dedede sure as hell won't start with Friend Hearts, and Wario is definitely capable of dogging them. You forget how Wario gets one hit and it's over.

Ah yes, because obviously Dedede will never get hit once and Wario will suddnely never hit him. Using Friend Hearts at the start doesn't work here. If we go by all of his boss fights, he's more likely to fight with his hammer at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back