• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer Feat 3: Ripping Realspace

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Just a continuation of the discussion in the Calc Request Thread. I'd rather not spam it further.

"The swirling sphere of immaterial witch-fire lost cohesion and, like a dying, drowning man striking out with mad violence as death encroached, it clawed at the planets and suns of the Signus Cluster, ripping at their surfaces and sucking in matter."

Feat above.

Basically, I'm wondering if we can find the size the Angel would need to be in order to rip at those three suns, simultaneously. We know it's doing this from one place, since this is immediately after it's been pulled through the sky and is being fully pulled back into the Warp. I don't know if we can do something more substantial from that, but it's something.

There's also the shroud over the system, I mentioned before.

Did the shroud actually protect the system? If not I don't think it is usable.

Hmmm.... without a known density or thickness getting a feat from that is borderline impossible as far as I can tell.

I'll check and see if there are any feats that compare it to something.

Though assuming this star system was around the size of Alpha Centauri, creating a barrier over what amounts to about 0.2 ly isn't too bad of a feat, in itself.

That said, the size of that is pretty big. Trinary star systems can range WILDLY in size. Some systems, such as HD 188753 are all within 12 AU, which is about 1/3rd the distance of the Sun to Pluto.

However, some systems, like Gliese 667, are stupid far away at 230 AU.

Sadly any significant movement over those distances is 100% FTL, as it takes 5.486 hours for light to reach Pluto from the Sun. The distance between the Gliese 667 stars is more than 5.822 times that distance.

Yeah, the Quaternary systems are even weirder. Most have two pairs of stars that, while orbiting each other, orbit the other pair. Like a partnered dance.

This could be a good speed feat, though. How fast does he claw at the stars? If you assume 1 second, clawing the entire Gliese 667 system would make that creature 1.15x10^5 SoL.

Hm... looking at the Signus system's description, it seems one star is a red giant, another is a "blue sun", and the third is a white dwarf. The blue and white stars are distant from the red giant, and all are at a far enough orbit to have their own distinctive planet clusters orbiting them. That's what I've got, so far.

Assaltwaffle said:
This could be a good speed feat, though. How fast does he claw at the stars? If you assume 1 second, clawing the entire Gliese 667 system would make that creature 1.15x10^5 SoL.
The whole thing happens pretty fast and is viewed by other characters, so he's probably performing it that fast, yes.

For a red giant to be a part of the system I imagine it is big. HD 181068 Has a red giant in it, but the distance between the stars isn't outlined.

We can probably go ahead and discuss that feat here as well. I will probably have some questions about it.

Here too:

Going to contribute to Azzy's request, and post Madail's other feat:

A grey sphere surrounded the Davin System. At first, from the point of translation, it had appeared almost featureless, except for a porous quality that made the Lion think of dilapidated stone. Its gravitational well was weak, barely pulling at the fleet.
'Why do I feel like I'm looking at a grave?' Holguin asked.
'Not a grave,' the Lion said as the fleets moved closer and the details of the sphere resolved in the oculus. 'An ossuary.' He shook his head in disbelief. 'This thing is made of bones.'
The Invincible Reason came within a thousand miles of the surface of the necrosphere. Auspex scans zeroed in on small areas and projected magnified hololiths on the tacticarium screens. Individual bones and complete skeletons interlaced, creating a cracked, knobby plain. There were bodies of humans, eldar, orks ― of every xenos race the Lion had ever encountered, and an even greater number he did not know.
Abyssal solemnity radiated from the necrosphere. It was perfect stillness, the quiet of the end of everything. Beyond it, the frenzy of the Ruinstorm was more intense, and the bones appeared to float in a sea of agonised colours. The materium bled around Davin, and the system was death lurking at the centre of the wound.
The Lion ordered an exploratory bombardment. The Invincible ­Reason, the Honoured Deeds and the Intolerant fired nova cannons. It was like shooting through fog. The beams cut through the necrosphere. Vast clouds of debris rose into the void, and a chasm opened, wide enough for the combined fleets and stretching for tens of thousands of miles.
'What does this barrier mean?' Holguin wondered.
'At this moment,' the Lion said, 'it signifies only its own weakness. Death falls before us. We will not be stopped.'
The Lion took the Dark Angels into the necrosphere. The other fleets followed, descending into the endless grey.
^ Madail surrounds the entire Davin Solar System with a sphere of bones.

The physical passage through the necrosphere was easy. The mental one was less so. Guilliman, Prayto and Gorod marked the journey in Guilliman's chambers. They stood before a floor-to-ceiling window. As the Samothrace journeyed through the shell, the nature of the necrosphere became clearer. Grey remains, broken from their moorings by the blast, floated past the vessels. The boneyard of the infinite contained more than the skeletons of beings that had once been alive; there were the skeletons of dead vessels, of cities and of worlds. The inanimate had turned to bone. Iron and stone, alloy and gas, everything was bone and cold and grey. Planets had ribcages now, and cities had skulls, the better to show that they had died.
Other corpses were harder to identify. Some had the shapes of colossal beings, human and xenos. Others had crystalline forms. Still others were spheres themselves, smooth as the back of skulls.
'Are those statues?' Gorod asked.
'They are still bones,' Guilliman said. 'They are something that has died.'
Prayto grunted in psychic pain. 'Hopes,' he said. 'Dreams. Philosophies.'
'The forces we have been combatting favour symbolism in their attacks,' Guilliman said. Prayto was speaking from a more visceral knowledge, but Guilliman could see the possible meaning in the copses Gorod had pointed out. If statues represented abstractions, the skeletons were the demises of those ideas. It was as if, in their death, they had been given flesh to rot away, and bones to mark not the promises that their existence had made, but its futility.
^ The Necrosphere doesn't just have the bones of mortal beings, but also cities, planets, empires, hopes, and dreams. The intangible becomes physical there.

The grey did not go on forever. It was, in the end, what it had appeared to be, a shell. It was a few million miles thick, a hair's breadth in comparison to its diameter. The fleets emerged into the encircled void of the Davin System. For the first time since it had begun to rage, the Ruinstorm was invisible, hidden behind the necrosphere.
We're in the eye of the storm, Guilliman thought. The calm here was a lie.
Ahead, centred in the oculus, glinting in the grey darkness, was Davin. The shine of its reflected light was the cold of the most profound death.
^ The necrosphere not only surrounds a solar system, but is also a few million miles thick.

At the centre of the explosion, the void was torn, and the immaterium reclaimed its own. An implosion began. Its energy ball reversed its growth, shrinking in a single moment to a point. It caught the fleeing rubble of the ship, and pulled it all in. In its absolute violence, the implosion unleashed the second shockwave on the aether. It collided with the first. In their intersection, they reduced the daemonic fleet and the swarm of bones to dust.
The scream faded as the revenant ships returned to oblivion. Deprived of the force that animated them, their bonds broken, they lost substance. They became ragged phantoms sailing through the uniform void of grey. Then they were shadows. Then echoes. Then only memories in the minds of those who had seen them.
The destruction of Davin and its works rushed outwards from the system, further and further, carried by the agony of the warp, transforming the materium at speeds far greater than light.
Sanguinius looked out through the viewing block of the ­Vyssini, and he saw the wound before he heard the new cry. With the necrosphere gone, the Ruinstorm was visible again, and it was in agony. The aurora of madness still twisted across the galaxy, but there was a gap. A chasm of untainted void broke up the storm, as if a break had been blasted through a firestorm. Or a spear thrust through the body of a great beast.
^ When Madail is killed, the whole Necrosphere turns to dust.

Hmm. I don't know if GBE can be used for that thing. It is a few million miles thick, but compared to its radius, it would still essentially be hollow. That and the gravity is specifically said to be very weak.

Does anyone know the pulverization level of bones? Turning several trillion cubic kilometers of bone into dust is probably still a lot of power.

If its spherical sounds like it's easily measurable with a GBE calculation you just need density of bone and a radius for the sphere in question.

The thing is, it is almost completely hollow.

As for radius, distance from sun to neptune should be good since it encompasses a system.

AguilaR101 said:
If its spherical sounds like it's easily measurable with a GBE calculation you just need density of bone and a radius for the sphere in question.
Unfortunately it is only a few million miles thick. If "few million" is 2 million, than it is 99.99928% hollow. I'm not sure if we can take GBE from something that spread out and lacking a core.

Edit: I missed my decimal. It is 99.928% hollow, assuming 2 million is thickness and it encompasses Neptune, which is 2.795 billion miles away.

Wouldn't you only need to firure out just how hollow it is?

I mean things like the milky way have a gbe, even though galaxies are mostly empty paace technically speaking

I guess we can try. You do make a fair point with galaxies. I think superclusters have a GBE too, and they are even more spread out than a galaxy.

Well, I just did some rough calculations. 2.2332358x10^31 joules was the result for GBE. Not even planet level. The thing has such an absolutely massive radius but such a mediocre mass that the formula completely guts the results.

Laugh Gif

Yeah, it also doesn't (semi)realistically burst apart like the metal fortress does, so it's probably useless to try and get anything worthwhile from that. Pulverization is likely the best bet, considering it's turned to dust.

Sadly I don't know what pulverizing bones would be...

We only have fragmentation at 170 j/cc.

Using that value, though, the result is 5.630x10^43 joules, Large Star level.

Even if we get pulverization that will only raise it a couple powers. Not anywhere close to the Fortress feat. As they said, cutting through this thing is as easy as fog. Not a very impressive feat considering what even fodders can do.

I was initially going to, but i'm busy with a Naruto revision. I will have to recalc A LOT of Naruto feats, so i'm not going to be able to calc that until tomorrow.

Assaltwaffle said:
Also has someone calced the Primarchs crashing into their planets?
The Ferrus Manus crash is probably going to be Tier 6, since it shook the whole planet and leveled mountains.

Also Konrad Curze's. Burrowed all the way to the world's core. Also cracked through Adamantium, which is the stuff Terminator Armour is made of.

Shaking the world is already calced here. So yeah, 6-C. So how big was the hole that Konrad made? Was it baby-shaped? Or was it larger?

Huh, this is easier than I thought. We have a direct description of the size of the tanks in which the Primarchs were grown:

"A raised central walkway ran the length of the chamber with ten large cylindrical tanks the size of boarding torpedoes lying flat to either side of it, long serial numbers stencilled on their flanks. Steam gusted from the top of each tank like breath. Beneath the serial numbers were the same mystical symbols he had seen on the door leading to this place"
Source: False Gods

It's the size of a Imperial Navy boarding torpedo. Torpedos in Warhammer go up to 200 feet in length, but this one should be on the shorter size. 50 feet probably?

It would be going down, though. I would need a radius. Height is going to be 6,371 km, since getting to the core requires you to travel the radius of the planet.

You can use that official pic of torpedos to get an idea of the shape. It is cyllindrical and noticeably taller than it is thick.

Oh, I didn't see the picture. My bad. Also why are all our accolades not appearing on our profiles? My calc group stamp is gone and Darkanine doesn't have his Image helper stamp, among others.

Back