• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer Cosmology re-Eval cause Ultima wanted me to make a thread to be sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Thread accepting it for reference
Da Blog
Thread linking all new standards for reference
Ultima saying we're probably still looking at 1-A

D I S C U S S.

Reading da blog rn, and while it looks good so far you have the higher-dimensions stuff peak at "only" 1-B, even though this quote in your blog from Knights of the Imperium says that there are infinite dimensions (which would make it High 1-B):

A theoretically infinite number of dimensions of potentially infinite scale occupy other branes

Rest looks great so far.

Reading da blog rn, and while it looks good so far you have the higher-dimensions stuff peak at "only" 1-B, even though this quote in your blog from Knights of the Imperium says that there are infinite dimensions (which would make it High 1-B):

A theoretically infinite number of dimensions of potentially infinite scale occupy other branes

Rest looks great so far.
TBF that's like the only outdated bit in the blog lol

Yeah basically.

Making it simple, right now the Warp has 4 layers, one layer that is Low 1-A and three that are progressively bigger 1-A layers transcending the previous, the question is if this changes at all

Yeah basically.

Making it simple, right now the Warp has 4 layers, one layer that is Low 1-A and three that are progressively bigger 1-A layers transcending the others, the question is if this changes at all
If it's purely based on size rather than elevated levels of existence then yea probably downgraded. (so maybe just baseline 1-A)

So far the consensus is to just keep the 1-A layers for the Warp and not change anything, is that right?

So far the consensus is to just keep the 1-A layers for the Warp and not change anything, is that right?
Is there a level of unrealness with the Warp? Like with Horus for example he calls the Warp Infinite Dimensional multiple times and people from a normal universe/multiverse can utilize the warp and do stuff at a high level.

Is there a level of unrealness with the Warp? Like with Horus for example he calls the Warp Infinite Dimensional multiple times and people from a normal universe/multiverse can utilize the warp and do stuff at a high level.
Horus wasn't in the Warp, Qaw. He was in an extremely Warp-tainted space, yes, but he wasn't in the warp.

I recommend giving that Cosmology blog a read-through.

Also, the whole "well they can do stuff with the warp" thing is because their minds/souls ARE in the Warp, what they have in their body is a tiny construct, that's how they utilize their powers in 40K, they're simply drawing from what they're connected to.

By the way, I'm complementing the evaluation with this blog as well. (I assume the information here is still fine to use?)

But, overall, the Warp seems to still be pretty comfortably 1-A, given all the references to it being beyond time, causality, dimensions, and yada yada, coupled with it being consistently considered infinitely vaster than the Materium and as something alongside which the latter is as nothing. Don't see anything, in particular, that would go against this. And even the instances of interaction with lower planes seem to fall under these criteria:

Another example could be cosmologies where a higher level originates from the thoughts/beliefs/etc of inhabitants of a lower level; while these thoughts literally originating within the lower reality and then somehow "floating away" to form a higher one would be a disqualifier, no anti-feat is present if the verse has it so these operations simply already exist in a higher reality.

On the matter of power sources: That would depend on the nature of the power source itself. For example, a common trope in fiction is power sources that, so to speak, are "for the taking," meaning they are naturally self-diffusive and don't offer any resistance whatsoever to being tapped into, as being utilized in such a way is in their nafure. Drawing power from such sources is obviously not actually an anti-feat for them being 1-A, especially so if they are depicted as naturally connected to, and united with, the beings that tap into them.

As for the Skein: As far as I understand, it's basically a realm of a similar level and nature as the Warp, which bears a similar relation to the Materium and actually protects it from the Warp, yes? If so, then that's 1-A as well, yeah.

This tidbit is interesting, too: "A fundamental realm where concepts in all higher realms boil down into a universal abstract." I actually remember seeing the excerpts for that one, but they don't seem to be included in the blog for some reason. Someone mind sending those?

By the way, I'm complementing the evaluation with this blog as well. (I assume the information here is still fine to use?)
I think so, but considering the date, some of the later old Horus Heresy stuff might be used, but TBH, even if it is, the Cosmology blog covers the recent stuff anyways. But you'd have to ask @AbaddonTheDisappointment about the specifics
But, overall, the Warp seems to still be pretty comfortably 1-A, given all the references to it being beyond time, causality, dimensions, and yada yada, coupled with it being consistently considered infinitely vaster than the Materium and as something alongside which the latter is as nothing. Don't see anything, in particular, that would go against this. And even the instances of interaction with lower planes seem to fall under these criteria:

As for the Skein: As far as I understand, it's basically a realm of a similar level and nature as the Warp, which bears a similar relation to the Materium and actually protects it from the Warp, yes? If so, then that's 1-A as well, yeah.
Yeah, between the Materium and the Warp, you can call the Skein like a condom that makes sure the warp doesn't destroy the materium. Yes. That wording is exactly as bad as it sounds.
This tidbit is interesting, too: "A fundamental realm where concepts in all higher realms boil down into a universal abstract." I actually remember seeing the excerpts for that one, but they don't seem to be included in the blog for some reason. Someone mind sending those?
Something something let me know if I am needed
You have an idea on this?

Honestly in the context of the setting, the Ghostwind isn't presented as anything special compared to the warp. Generally how would we tier the Ghostwind if described as per scan above? because the Warp is at least this kind of realm if not more fundamental or could be argued to encompass the Ghostwind.

Honestly in the context of the setting, the Ghostwind isn't presented as anything special compared to the warp. Generally how would we tier the Ghostwind if described as per scan above? because the Warp is at least this kind of realm if not more fundamental or could be argued to encompass the Ghostwind.
Honestly I asked because the blog linked in the OP seems to interpret the Ghostwind and the Void beyond the Warp as the same.

If they aren't, then, it could be 1-A? Given the reduction of all concepts into a single abstraction, but I'd need to look further.

Honestly I asked because the blog linked in the OP seems to interpret the Ghostwind and the Void beyond the Warp as the same.

If they aren't, then, it could be 1-A? Given the reduction of all concepts into a single abstraction, but I'd need to look further.
Yeh but there is literally nothing to suggest this other then 'they are similar'

There is other context from Fantasy which suggest the Warp is a state of 'metaphsics containing all things' and 'Encompasses all possibilities' and that the substance of the Warp exists without concept until one is placed upon it. The Ghostwind having all concepts mashed into a single abstraction, The Warp being the origin of the mechanisms that define said concepts.

Would the Low 1-A layer remain Low 1-A or would it change? Not really sure since I know the definition for Low 1-A changed somewhat but I'm not sure how it effects this if at all.

Last edited:
After discussing it with Ultima in DM's the Ghostwind is way too vague to tier accurately. It being both a 'metarealm where reality isn't possible' but also can support temperature and radiowaves?

After discussing it with Ultima in DM's the Ghostwind is way too vague to tier accurately. It being both a 'metarealm where reality isn't possible' but also can support temperature and radiowaves?
Yeah. From what you've told me, it's also basically a one-off realm, so, doesn't seem particularly relevant to anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back