• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis III

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Azzy

Question:

I was reading on Eldar Mythology today, and I came to wonder...

Did Eldanesh and Ulthanesh actually exist or is the Eldar War in Heaven 100% mythical?

@Matt

Eldanesh and Ulthanesh were almost certainly real people, but we don't know exactly which parts of their stories are literal and which parts are meant to be allegory. For instance, Khaine and the Nightbringer's fight actually happened, but parts of it are spoken more allegorically than literally (ex. "Kaelis Ra cannot truly die, for it is death incarnate.").

@Morkar

Post it, if you wish.

Nobledark Imperium is a very interesting setting, I would say. Probably the best out of all the Warhammer AU fanfics.

Well, I don't know many of them.

It's basically Warhammer 40,000 that we know of, but:

1) Scaled is generally dialed back a bit (Barely any higher-dimensional shenanigans and whatnot), to make characters such as the Emperor seem more human and relatable

2) People don't make stupid decisions like not telling their sons about the existence of the Ruinous Powers or why you're leaving the Crusade

3) A lot of backstories are changed, mostly in regards to the Emperor and the Primarchs. Basically, as I think you can infer from the Emperor's look, they are much more brilliant military leaders and tacticians than living gods destroying entire armies, though the Emperor can be the later too.

4) Also, Aliance of the Imperium with Xenos is possible and happens, since Horus Heresy didn't occur and Isha is Emprah's waifu

Okay, so in Nobledark Imperium, The Emperor is last remainying of the Man of Gold, a group of incredibly-advanced psychic-cyborgs made in the Dark Age of Technoloy, designed to manipulate the Warp itself to allow for nearly instantaneous FTL travel. Malcador found The Emperor, serial name Oscar, and activated it.

So since Nobledark Emperor is specifically a man-made entity who's not that old in terms of life compared to the Real Emperor who's an immortal Warp god incarnated, he simply... Lacks knowledge of the Warp initially. He understands what it basically is and knows the threat of Chaos, but he lacks infomation on the deepr specifics.

Because of this, he actively seeks an alliance with the Eldar during the Great Crusade, because he's a reasonably minded non-xenophobic person unlike every human in 40K, since they are a millions old species with ancient archives filled with knowledge that no human could ever hope to obtain otherwise. The Eldar, who here have their arrogance downplayed but their sorrow and regret played up, are reluctant at first. Eldrad Ulthran comes to talk with the Emperor, and they discuss a way to form an alliance.

The two come to the conclusion that the best way to gain the favor of the Eldar would be to return the last survivor of their old pantheon to them, and so The Emperor + Eldrad + A fuckton of armies storm the Warp through the Eye of Terror, Empreror + Eldrad punch Nurgle in the face, (I told you the power levels are nerfed) and rescue Isha who incarnates in the material world. After this happens, Eldrad basically insists that the Emperor and Isha make a political marriage, because that would guarantee that the Human / Eldar alliance would last forever. And so they do, and have ruled the Imperium ever since.

"After this happens, Eldrad basically insists that the Emperor and Isha make a political marriage, because that would guarantee that the Human / Eldar alliance would last forever."

Just as planned.

Also, since Horus Heresy didn't happened, the great war that nearly destroyed the Imperium was a Chaos Empowered War of the Beast.

Question. How do the Necrons play?

Because Ancient Egyptian Space Terminators just appeal to me on a fundamental level

@Morkar

The style looks in-line with the current one, and the guy's a professional artist, so I'm pretty sure it is. Looks great, too.

@Monarch

Necrons play a lot like the Terminator. They're kinda slow, but if they get close enough to shoot you, you're dead. Most actual Necrons in the army have the ability the revive themselves from the dead as long as the whole unit isn't wiped out, and single characters or constructs can usually heal themselves. Different non-necron units (vehicles, wraith constructs, C'tan shards, etc.) can add different things to your army.

Caved and bought a physical copy of Black Legio. I can't just not own the sequel to one of my favorite Black Library stories of all time. Plus, the cover art is awesome. Not to mention Aaron's purposefully shitty MS Paint rendition is incredible. I will still try and snag the digital version, as well.

Anyway, been looking for Titan feats, and found some pretty interesting stuff. A single shot from a Warlord's Plasma Destructor levels an entire ruined city just from the aftershock of it firing, which is the least impressive thing it does. Don't know if I'll find anything that can be calced at well above the Conversion Beamer, which they'll already be scaled to, but it's something.

Would The Beast scale to the Ork Warboss who beat up Horus? I hear that he is the strongest Ork of all time.

If he is confirmed to be the stronkest ork of ell tiem, I be purty darn sure an oomie cud scale em to the nob hoo beat that armless bloke.

But i'd double check if it heavily alludes that he is; with what the size of his WAAAAGH! was it might be true.

@Matt

Probably not as strong as Gharkul Blackfang, who nearly wiped out three entire legions and their Primarchs with his armies, but the Beast(s) scales directly to Vulkan, as the two duelled to a stalemate before Vulkan basically blew the both of them up.

@Azzy

Odd that the biggest Ork Threat in the history of the Galaxy isn't led by the strongest Ork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back