• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warhammer 40,000: Discussione Generalis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Venom!

General question: would it be ok for one to create profiles based on Warhammer video game characters, even though they may or may not be canon?

I can address the two most well-known 40k games.

Dawn of War is canon. The series even has books that are part of the regular 40k universe, as well. Some of the Necron lore might have been retconned, as the 'Crons received quite a lore change.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, is not canon to the main universe, and takes place in its own continuity. One of the main distinctions is the fact that Titus is the captain of the Ultramarines 2nd Company as opposed to Cato Sicarius.

I won't ever look at Sicarius the same way after watching "If the Emperor had a text-to-speech device".

Ah, who am I kidding. I never liked Sicarius anyway

I don't think there's any problem with it, as Titus is incredibly notable, but I would only scale to feats and statements in the game itself. For instance, I wouldn't directly scale Nemeroth to someone like Velthinar, as Space Marine is self-contained and not overlapping with other stories.

@Azzy: Thank you very much, good sir!

Maybe I could even help, if I could get a copy of the game. But perhaps I should leave it to the Warhammer experts since you good fellows know who scales to what in the verse and how to deal with the game's canon. If I tried, I'd probably mess up and somehow scale our good friend Titus to the Primearchs or something. I would like 4-B Titus, wouldn't we all?

I think Titus should be 6-A. I mean, he tanked plasma weapons, fought an ork warboss, a daemon prince (I'd say that should be at least Continent-level. After all, he should at least scale to an average Alpha-level psyker, who can stop solar flares with barriers and dish out similar damage), and all the stuff. Titus seems to be a pretty solid 6-A, imo.

6-A Titus sounds about right, honestly. That's like super high-level Astartes tier without delving into OP character territory (Calgar or Azrael, for instance).

No 4-B Titus? Oh, well, I shouldn't push my luck.

Titus might be higher than vanilla 6-A since he is likely superior to a good portion of the 6-A stuff other Space Marines wield, but I don't know to what extent this is true. There is the wide gap between even the closest of tiers to take into consideration, after all.

I think they're supposed to be > regular Astartes but still < Custodes. I would assume they are probably on par with Thunder Warriors without the flaws that made them obsolete.

GW did suggest they'll have unique problems that make them not unanimously better than regular Astartes, though. We just don't know what they are, yet.

By how much Custodes are superior to a regular Spesh Mehreen?

I mean, could a Custodes fight an Eversor Assassin (Assuming City Block-level one) to equal grounds?

Depends on the Custodian, but...probably?

Custodians have varying levels of power, but a basic Custodian is supposed to be to a Space Marine what a Soace Marine is to a normal man.

@Azathoth my good friend a found a free ebook of Kight of the Realm and i am documenting Egil Styrbjorn's powers! example in one he can lift a horse by the bridle and turn lesser people into Chaos Spawn! what do you think of that? i still have not finished the book, but i can give you the website of where i foudnit if you want...in a pm.

@Kalitas

Basically, which makes them even superhuman-er...er.

@Matt

I forget if we're there yet or perpetually at about three seconds until the end of the 41st.

@Azathoth "Styrbjorn knelt down before the woman on the floor. She could not see him, but recoiled from his closeness. It was not something that Styrbjorn was unfamiliar with- there were few even amongst the Skaelings who were able to remain close to him for long without experiencing discomfort, even pain. The eyes of the gods were on him, and just to be in his vicinity was to catch a measure of their gaze. Those of particular weakness were even known to fall to the ground in his presence, their bodies becoming instantly warped and altered as the gods gifted them the blessing of change."

Matthew Schroeder said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YPa4rJ06_Y
Arch is triggered because of course he is.
YO DAWG I HEAR YOU LIKE SPACE MARINES SO WE PUT A SPACE MARINE IN YOUR SPACE MARINE SO THAT YOU CAN SPACE MARINE WHILE YOU SPACE MARINE.

The plague marines and Lord of Contagion look incredible and I love the goofy look of the poxwalkers.

Im hoping that some of the other traitor legions get fleshed out this edition as well. Looking at you World Eaters.

@Matt

Yo, why do you dislike the Primaris, you finally got some true scale Astartes. @Az buddy, do you think the beloved Death Gaurd will have their own novel series now?

@Volundox

The World Eater's 100% need some love. It seems like whenever GW releases Khorne stuff, it's always daemons and never those lovable former War Hounds. Considering both Berzerkers and the Lord of Skulls have been name-dropped as things getting buffed in 8th, along with the fact Khorne's forces are joining the current Armageddon fight, I have hope for them after Death Guard, or at the very least the release of Angron.

@Morkar

Oh man I hope. That would be great. I'd like some more stuff about Typhus, too.

Yeah, the Berzerkers are old and kinda jank, but I still love them. Though considering how absolutely phenomenal the Khornate warriors from AoS look, I really would like to see 'Zerkers updated with the same level of detail. That way they'd go perfectly alongside the updated 1k Sons and Death Guard.

I was thinking WB will probably get some kind of summoning bonus and/or a point reduction on the things they summon, meaning they can bring in more reinforcements once they get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back