• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

War for the Worlds Meta

so far, the spear seems to:

-give me a slight reaction boost

-give me nightvision level eyesight

-open portals (unless thats a one-time use/plot ability)

Here's my feedback on it Yobo, I think there was too much deus ex machina and enemies that we just can't really hurt. Both of the enemies we faced were invincible except for against the one man plot juice we got for the battle.

I think that with the way the powers in this game are set up it'd be a lot better to have enemies that can outlast our powers and exploit our cooldown times. This would force us to be more careful on when we use each power, which would be good since with the current enemies all we do is spam for a few seconds, realize we can't do anything, and either run or just kinda stand back as they only fight the people who are currently a threat.

Also, just having us wander around aimlessly feels kinda pointless. I think you should give either a sense of direction or leave us with more to interact with.

Lastly, I liked the thing where you had Blaire's sins judged. Forcing people into situations where they have to develop or expand on their character is a good way to make this interesting. Right now I feel like most of the characters don't really have much of a personality, or that we are ignoring our characters' personalities and just writing whatever we think is best for us in the meta, so creating situations like the one you put me in is a good way to deal with this.

I'm giving you kudos, because that's exactly what I needed.

That said, I'll explain just a little bit of why I did what I did.

Dues ex Machina wasn't so much that as me setting up some things for later. I'm not saying much but this sort of thing will be important later on.

I kind of tried to achieve that effect with the SW battle. It wasn't overly complicated nor a stomp, but it's gimmick of Low 2-C dura kind of forced it to be more then a spam fest in the end.

I agree, but I think it was partly because of the shift in setting.

I thought so. It was more of a plot thing, but I thought it would help get a sense of character or at least make sense of what you're doing with your character.

Back