• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter White's possibly 9-C rating dispute CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's brought to my attention that @Jinsye has removed the possibly 9-C rating on Walt's profile. If you can answer here Jinsye, I want to ask you how having no CRT makes the rating invalid on the profile.

Mr. Bambu & Big Smoke agreed on the rating on Walt's dispenser breaking calc here, & prior to the change the calc was linked here.

I've become a Breaking Bad fan by virtue of being around Walt all the time online, but I've just started on season 1. As far as I've read, Walt should be weaker than Tuco or Mike.

Is there something I'm missing? Anyways, I'm going to contact @BigSmoke4269, @Mr._Bambu & @Jinsye on the matter here.

Should Walt keep his "possibly 9-C" rating?

Consensus

No (primary reasons are on the thread "Breaking Bad Isn't 9-C," even Mr. Bambu agrees that since the towel dispenser feat calc had no discussion. But since we are discussing the calc, I'm assuming it's confirmed to be rejected)

Opposition: (BigSmoke4269's reasons)

Last edited:
You may know that, but normal users can't tag other people.

And also, if this Jinsye person really removed something that was accepted on a crt without creating a crt themselves, that would be a rule violation, there's no need to create a crt. And if you're not sure if it was a passed crt that removed the 9C rating, you could go to the Q&A or in their message walls to ask there.

You may know that, but normal users can't tag other people.

And also, if this Jinsye person really removed something that was accepted on a crt without creating a crt themselves, that would be a rule violation, there's no need to create a crt. And if you're not sure if it was a passed crt that removed the 9C rating, you could go to the Q&A or in their message walls to ask there.
Ok.

I know that normal users can't tag people, but I don't care. & plus, it's pretty decorative & good looking on the OP.

Since this was technically a tier change, I only knew that this section of the forum would be the best place to put it at the time.

The change was added without a CRT so I removed it. For calcs you still need a CRT to apply them unless it's like really basic math.

Bambu approved of the math but thats it really. This exact feat has been rejected before so adding it back without a CRT is a no-go.

Is there something I'm missing?
this

and also the blatant and direct actual feat of Walter withstanding his fulminated mercury explosion being thrown at his feet if you really want to push for Tier 9 Breaking Bad but I digress

The feat was bullshit from the start. It was sufficiently debunked, and BigSmoke should know this. Please tell me BigSmoke wasn't the one who brought this to your attention.

WOG does state that it's the same universe as Walking Dead so you could go the G1 route of trying really hard to say humans are just built different given this happened (The title is a lie, apparently)

Otherwise, to drop the memes, Breaking Bad and BCS are, outside of like, 3 scenes, very down to earth and realistic about what people could physically do so you'd really have to just put active effort into trying to spin it into something besides "this man is dying of cancer and thus is below what a normal person is capable of"

K. I'll remove some of the physically 9-C matches for Walt when I have the time. I'll also link to Mort's thread on how some of the characters shouldn't be 9-C.

You have two other wikis to manage, get out of tier 9 breaking bad businnes
I don't know where you got the idea that you can give me orders as to how to do my job. If you don't want to be called out for wank, ought to not wank. That's all.

The feat was bullshit from the start. It was sufficiently debunked, and BigSmoke should know this.
it was debunked before it had a calc and in a different context (the feat was treated more as walter’s hand not breaking when it should have). it now has a calc which was accepted.

didn’t know you need a crt to apply accepted calcs though, i’ll keep that in mind from here on out

Last edited:
The change was added without a CRT so I removed it. For calcs you still need a CRT to apply them unless it's like really basic math.

Bambu approved of the math but thats it really. This exact feat has been rejected before so adding it back without a CRT is a no-go.
Ed is correct. I did not necessarily condone the feat itself, and in fact find Tier 9 Breaking Bad to be very silly. Typically I will try to keep my nose out of whether a feat is wrong or right unless I get a particular urge to speak on such things.

I find Tier 9 Breaking Bad to be very silly.
I honestly find 10-A Walter to be very silly. We're ignoring context and storytelling and taking feats at face value to argue that a character who is supposed to be just a guy with cancer physically surpasses the vast majority of real life people. Like, anyone who watched the show without powerscaling and calcs in mind will think that Walter is just a regular guy because that's the message that the writers want people to get. But I guess this is more of a problem with Vs Debating in general and not the Walter profile itself

The feat was bullshit from the start. It was sufficiently debunked, and BigSmoke should know this. Please tell me BigSmoke wasn't the one who brought this to your attention.
The OP stated that the primary factor & motivator was the removal by @Jinsye. Though if it were the case that Walt is 9-C, he, Saul & Jesse should be able to do 9-C feats more casually. I mean, if we did accept 9-C energy feats without context in IRL or verses like IRL, a human or wolf would be 9-C for their 9-C feats.

Besides, if a police officer can break their hands when they punch at full force, then it's reasonable to assume the same thing happens with regular untrained people at 10-B energy.

The OP stated that the primary factor & motivator was the removal by @Jinsye. Though if it were the case that Walt is 9-C, he, Saul & Jesse should be able to do 9-C feats more casually. I mean, if we did accept 9-C energy feats without context in IRL or verses like IRL, a human or wolf would be 9-C for their 9-C feats.

Besides, if a police officer can break their hands when they punch at full force, then it's reasonable to assume the same thing happens with regular untrained people at 10-B energy.
Correction: if someone punches improperly at full force, they WILL break their hand, but if they punch properly the chances of that get less and less.

I honestly find 10-A Walter to be very silly. We're ignoring context and storytelling and taking feats at face value to argue that a character who is supposed to be just a guy with cancer physically surpasses the vast majority of real life people. Like, anyone who watched the show without powerscaling and calcs in mind will think that Walter is just a regular guy because that's the message that the writers want people to get. But I guess this is more of a problem with Vs Debating in general and not the Walter profile itself
To be clear: I'm not arguing one side over another on this particular thread. I was not involved in most discussion regarding Breaking Bad shit. I watched the show in its entirety when I was 15 and never watched it again. Can't say I agree with the idea of 10-A (or lower) Walter White being "silly"- I think most people would place Walter at the physicality of a normal human, quite frankly, maybe even lower.

If this stuff was discussed some time ago (and it seems it was) such that the specific towel dispenser feat was invalid (again, yes), then removing the tier should be fine. No thread was made for the calc to be applied and no discussion surrounding it was had- even though the reason 9-C was removed initially was the premise of the feat itself, not the math.

Walt should just be 10-B, 10-A is ******* ridiculous from the very premise of the show.

Walt should just be 10-B, 10-A is ******* ridiculous from the very premise of the show.
While I agree that higher ratings would go against the mood the show is gunning for, we do not rate our pages off of such things. 9-C has been summarily rejected, however, so there's that at least.

I know, but the main feat of Jesse kicking down a door even if calced to 10-A, just seems like an outlier to me. Especially given that Jesse has not shown that kind of strength anywhere (that i remember, you're free to correct me)
The profile says he broke down the door by destroying its frame, that's actually 9-C.

Well, since we've confirmed that the towel dispenser feat thing is likely not going to go through with this context... I want to ask a couple of things first here while I have the opportunity
I don't know where you got the idea that you can give me orders as to how to do my job. If you don't want to be called out for wank, ought to not wank. That's all.
Should Walt's makeshift flyswatter be optimal equipment? Like how long has Walt had it? Do I need to make another thread or post on a Breaking Bad CRT thread here?

Should Walt's makeshift flyswatter be optimal equipment? Like how long has Walt had it? Do I need to make another thread or post on a Breaking Bad CRT thread here?
I think it’s fine as optional equipment but honestly I couldn’t care less as it’s mainly only ever used for the fly aside from hitting Jesse with it or something iirc lol

Btw I’m fine enough with Walt not being 9-C as it could seem inconsistent storytelling wise and given the context of Walt as a character, as many have explained above. However I’m going to play devils advocate and say he doesn’t need to be downgraded from 10-A physically. What Bambu said here hit the nail on the head for me:
While I agree that higher ratings would go against the mood the show is gunning for, we do not rate our pages off of such things. 9-C has been summarily rejected, however, so there's that at least.

There are examples of 10-A feats with Walt, Jesse, and Saul that are consistent enough to grant them that tier. Also aside from “Walt’s a guy dying from cancer” what feats/reasoning put him below 10-A? He fights with Jesse, tackles Saul, taken a punch from Mike, and of course has ****** up a metal dispenser. I honestly think this is more of a power scaling issue that can easily conflict with a series like Breaking Bad. It’s well established that Walt’s a man dying from cancer and is portrayed as inferior to people like Hank but at the same time does things and is comparable to characters he otherwise couldn’t be comparable to if he didn’t somewhat scale. Imo 10-A is a good medium for everyone and honestly the purpose was to argue against 9-C, not 10-A. This is likely going to be constantly debated in the future whether in this CRT or not, just wanted to give my opinions on the matter here.

There are examples of 10-A feats with Walt, Jesse, and Saul that are consistent enough to grant them that tier. Also aside from “Walt’s a guy dying from cancer” what feats/reasoning put him below 10-A? He fights with Jesse, tackles Saul, taken a punch from Mike, and of course has ****** up a metal dispenser. I honestly think this is more of a power scaling issue that can easily conflict with a series like Breaking Bad. It’s well established that Walt’s a man dying from cancer and is portrayed as inferior to people like Hank but at the same time does things and is comparable to characters he otherwise couldn’t be comparable to if he didn’t somewhat scale. Imo 10-A is a good medium for everyone and honestly the purpose was to argue against 9-C, not 10-A. This is likely going to be constantly debated in the future whether in this CRT or not, just wanted to give my opinions on the matter here.
Dunno what you're tagging me for with this one. I just agreed that, tonally, anything above 10-B is incredibly off-beat for what Breaking Bad is. I was not earnestly arguing that they don't have feats above that level- I agree that they do.

Dunno what you're tagging me for with this one. I just agreed that, tonally, anything above 10-B is incredibly off-beat for what Breaking Bad is. I was not earnestly arguing that they don't have feats above that level- I agree that they do.
Sorry champ, I tagged the wrong person.

Regardless, I still stand by what I said above

Not to mention Walt couldn't break down Jesse's door physically and that thing looked like it was made out of cardboard

Last edited:
Not to mention Walt couldn't break down Jesse's door physically and that thing looked like it was made out of cardboard
They raise a good point, Jesse can somehow break down Walt's door but Walt can't do that to Jesse's door despite both being made of similar materials. So why do we count one of those over the other? It should at least be mentioned on the profile that the door breaking shit is inconsistent

what is the actual reasoning for the towel dispenser feat being invalid

also given that tuco scales to like 2 kj, i still think waltuh should be baseline 9-C either way just by virtue of jesse not getting one-shotted by tuco

story-wise i agree that having characters like howard hamlin technically scale to 9-C is very silly, but we can’t just ignore feats in favor of the overall “vibe” of the character

They raise a good point, Jesse can somehow break down Walt's door but Walt can't do that to Jesse's door despite both being made of similar materials. So why do we count one of those over the other? It should at least be mentioned on the profile that the door breaking shit is inconsistent
jesse was on a massive adrenaline rush at that point, so that’s probably why he could break down a door and walter couldn’t. i think 10-A to 9-C was perfectly fine as that’s generally where their feats seem to lie.

there’s also a moment where walter and jesse destroy a shelf during their fight, i might calc that

jesse was on a massive adrenaline rush at that point, so that’s probably why he could break down a door and walter couldn’t.
Walt was literally racing against time against making the sale of his life and missing his daughter's birth, he definitely was in an adrenaline rush, anybody would be in that situation and yet couldn't do ludicrous tier jumps like Jesse despite being comparable albeit a bit weaker.

So do I need to revamp this thread, or make another thread? Since this is turning into a general thread for Breaking Bad stuff with the 10-A to 9-C off topic stuff.
what is the actual reasoning for the towel dispenser feat being invalid

also given that tuco scales to like 2 kj, i still think waltuh should be baseline 9-C either way just by virtue of jesse not getting one-shotted by tuco

story-wise i agree that having characters like howard hamlin technically scale to 9-C is very silly, but we can’t just ignore feats in favor of the overall “vibe” of the character
"The metal towel dispenser argument is dumb, it could easily be a weaker metal towel dispenser...Even if we ignored all that, there's no reason to believe that he would directly scale to 9-C, as it would certainly take multiple punches before his hand would actually be broken and there's plenty of other variables associated with the human condition at play."

""They made a weaker one" if anything strengthens that it is a feat, given it wouldn't actually be weaker in-verse. Now that said, I think it's 10-A at best."

"Overall, using basic human should determine that they probably didn't use the pre-existing one because it possibly could've hurt him. In-verse, we can likely assume it is simply a weaker towel dispenser, and even if it wasn't, that would still be closer to 10-A at best."

"Quote about the consensus: vvv
No...even Mr. Bambu agrees that since the towel dispenser feat calc had no discussion. But since we are discussing the calc, I'm assuming it's confirmed to be rejected)
"

Also, durability by definition is the ability to withstand (i.e. be unharmed/unaffected) by a certain amount of force. Is there evidence that Jesse/Walt can withstand a 9-C attack & not be just some survival stamina feat from people like Tuco?

Getting punched by someone stronger than you traditionally would injure you last time I checked, you wouldn't be "withstanding" the attack.

If Jesse can withstand a 9-C attack & Walt can hurt him, that's 9-C for Walt. But you would need to find a consistent conclusion to explain the context in Mort's OP here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back