• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
While looking at info for Magia Record, I came across an interesting description of Walpurgis's ultimate power, which is the following:

"It tries to get rid of the all fates of misery. By covering all around the world with her magic. A moving stage set. Which trying to take all humans into the play. There is no need to grieve if all of it is just a play. Maybe it would be a tragedy, but they only performed a such kind of play. Play will be paused in Walpurgisnacht. The Earth will no longer rotate for a single circle. The story will no longer to be developed. Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow also, is Walpurgisnacht"

From what it describes, it sounds like two possible outcomes happened:

- One, Walpurgis will stop the Earth's rotation, in which case she should be upgraded to High 6-A with Planetary range, alongside Madoka (And those who scale), for being able to actually defeat Full Power Walpurgis (Idk which timeline did, so I'm checking).

- The other option is that Walpurgis stopped time on a global scale permanently, however, it should be noted that this is only supported by the last line and its original material (Faust), so this is highly unlikely.

As I said in our conversation, could be both for me.

Does anyone even scale from Madoka after the third timeline tho?

Actually, I'd say the time stop interpretation seems more likely for this description. The beginning of the description seems to be saying that fate is made linear surrounding walpurgisnacht, as the world is turned into a play, and as the fate was inevitable there's no longer any point in feeling bad over it.

Then it says "the play will be paused" implying that the progression of fate, aka time, is no longer passing. This is reiterated by it saying the story no longer develops, as in the fate of the world no longer moves forward. The Earth no longer rotating and each day being the same as the last would both becproducts of time stop. And seeing as this ability is aimed at stopping a fate of despair that can't be avoided, time stopping would also be a logical way to do that since it stops fate from reaching that point.

So, going by SomebodyData's interpretation there should be a High 6-A upgrade, and going by Blahbla9755's we should simply add a time stop ability?

Yeah, the problem is that neither me nor SD is 100% sure about the correct interpretation

Walpurgis is also stated to be able to completely obliterate civilization as soon as she reach her full power, so there is that too.

? I thought it made the High 6-A statement a bit more consistent (Both are about WN's full power)

The way Blah inteprets it makes sense, i can definitely see how that'd be the case. As for destroying civilization that may not mean much here, even tier 7's can do that but obliterate just means to utterly destroy or wipe out, of course with a decent timeframe that could change and lead to an upgrade though. Personally I think Blah makes sense but isn't this from that new game? Could very well get more info if it takes off.

I meant the OP's stuff, we could get more clarification in the future is what I meant but it seems i misunderstand. Where is it stated or implied she does it in one attack? If thats the case then yeah, upgrade seems fine.

The stage-constructing witch (alias: Walpurgisnacht / real name: unknown); her nature is helplessness. She symbolizes the fool who continuously spins in circles. The witch's mysteries have been handed down through the course of history; her appellation is "Walpurgisnacht." She will continue to rotate aimlessly throughout the world until she completely changes the whole of this age into a drama. When the doll's usual upside-down position reaches the top part of the witch, she completely roils the civilization on the ground in a flash through her gale-like flight.

It's from the witch cards.

Well, I suppose that we have to make a call, and that High 6-A seems more likely then.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't Gretchen scale too? She is > Puella Magi Madoka after all

@Ant alright.

@Kal, well I think she would still keep the Unknown, but it would change to "Unknow, at least High 6-A" due to the fact that unlike Walpurgis she has been confirmed to be able to destroy the world over time.

I agree with @Blah for the time interpretation as it seems more of Walpurgis causing an endless scenario in form of a stage/theater play of despair on humanity.

"If everything is a play, no unhappy things will exist.
It may be a tragedy, but it'll all be part of the script.

The play stops on Walpurgisnacht,

and the earth does not turn even once more.
The story will not change."

Other than that, I support the updrade as it goes with the claim of them liquifying civilization.

You could also argue the reason why the story would never change is because everyone else would die in the process, just saying.

SomebodyData said:
You could also argue the reason why the story would never change is because everyone else would die in the process, just saying.
That wouldn't fit at all with the idea of a move aimed at stopping the world's fates of misery though. Stopping time so that the fates can never be reached, on the other hand, would.

Her attack literally kills everyone tho, that's already been mentioned in the Witch Card that Kal shows.

Isn't that a separate attack from this one?

And just stopping the Earth as I'd described in this ability wouldn't necessarily kill everyone on it in the first place.

Yeah, but its to show she is going to kill everyone anyways, which doesn't fit your interpretation of "stopping the world's fates of misery" unless taken as a form of mercy killing, in which case would be High 6-A anyways.

Should I do a re-calculation on stopping Earth's rotational energy to see what it yields? I have a blog on rotational energy somewhere, so a calc can be done based on that.

If you want to sure, but looking at what you posted, it seems to be Moon level.

I do not think that another calculation is necessary, if we already have reliable data.

Walpurgis was defeated in every timeline(including first one) by mostly Madoka (some people think that she just went away what is absolutely wrong). So Walpurgis is not that strong or magical girl Madoka is much stronger.

Base Walpurgis is 7-B (i'm also pretty sure that she stomped timeline 1 and 2 Madoka).

This is an upgrade just for Walpurgis's full power and those who scale from it (Final timeline Madoka, Kriemhild Gretchen and Queen Mami)

Kaltias said:
Base Walpurgis is 7-B (i'm also pretty sure that she stomped timeline 1 and 2 Madoka).
Then Homura would be dead too. Walpurgis was defeated even i nfirst timeline.

Walpurgis has never scaled from timelines, atleast there is no canon evidence of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back