• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

W.I.T.C.H. Physical Statistics Scaling Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
It's about time I tackle the issue about W.I.T.C.H. characters physical stats such as Durability and Striking Strength scaling to the characters AP. More specifically, characters such as the Guardians of the Veil (Will Vandom, Irma Lair, Taranee Cook, Corneila Hale, and Hay Lin).

Evidence

In Part III. A Crysis on Both Worlds (Volume 1) Chapter 27: Departure, the Oracle talks about the Guardians powers and how it effects them physically.

"When the Nymph created the Guardians' powers, she did not merely give them the strength of the four dragons"...

"She also gave them the gift of regeneration. Constantly changing shape exhausts the body..."

"...But Xin Jing's insures balance of the body and mind."

"Everytime the power of the Heart of Kandrakar touches you, you grow stronger."

As you can see we are legitimately told that the Guardians are buffed in strength and their body's are physically changing to balance out the mind and body. In order for them not to get fatigue, Xin Jing's gift is active. This is why they start to get tired after transforming, due to giving up Xin Jing's gift.

In Part II. Nerissa's Revenge (Volume 1), Chapter 14: End of a Dream, the Oracle states that the Guardians power will effect Corneila physical.

"Yes, Tibor. The five powers have now merged!"

"The uncontrollable droplets absorbed Corneila's too."

"As I said, what happens on Earth is mirrored here, in the room of the Auras."

"And the Changeling?"

"It's gone! It was made of pure energy."

"Now it's strength lies within Corneila."

"All the power of the Guardians in a single body?"

"It's temporary..."

"...and that is precisely what worries me."

Next Page.

"Corneila can't handle that much power."

"Then she..."

"Her character and maybe even her body will change."

"Will she be able to control such huge power?"

"She will act on Instinct, like the Changeling did. In order to survive, she will have to get rid of the excess energy..."

We are directly told that her body can't handle that much power/strength and in order to survive she'll need to release the excess energy. We even see that she starts to feel stronger when the power starts to flow through her, but once they get out of control and she calls upon them, she is instantly transformed in order for her body to handle them.

This means the Guardians need to be just as durable as the power they are using, otherwise they won't survive. This supports why they transform when calling on their full power so they can physically handle it. And when being amplified by the Heart of Kandrakar, they can still handle to buff because as the Oracle states, every time they use the Heart's power, they get stronger.

In In Part VI. New Power (Volume 2), Chapter 82: Energy, Will, who had just gained the root of her power and all it's energy took a direct hit from the Dark Mother. You could even see the energy coming from Will's body.

If you check out the Dark Mother's profile, you'll see she is a melee fighter and has Striking Strength/Durability at High 3-A, likely 2-A because she physically stood against the other Elemental Queens who are comparable to her in power.

In Part VII. New Power (Volume 3), Chapter 85: I Am You, the Guardians reach their full power by uniting and create an avatar, that states she is them in body and mind, and physically can fight and harm the Dark Mother, and at the end they say she's so strong and need her but Yan Lin states that the avatar needs them to exist and while united they are just as strong as her.

This is proof their physical statistics scale with their AP as their body's need to be durable enough to handle that power and they can physically harm people who have such levels of Durability with their strikes.

Just like their AP though, it Varies depending on the amount of power they are using and their connection mentally and spiritually, along with other factors because when they were overconfident and believed they could stomp the Dark Mother, she stomped them.

Conclusion
The Guardians Striking Strength and Durability scale with their Attack Potency and should have the same Varies rating as it.

Definitely agree on their dura scaling to their magic power and their striking being stronger than their human forms. A bit iffy on their striking scaling but if you have scans that they harm people with comparable dura, I agree with that part too. If said scans are in the OP, then I am blind cuz I am missing them agree with everything.

Definitely agree on their dura scaling to their magic power and their striking being stronger than their human forms. A bit iffy on their striking scaling but if you have scans that they harm people with comparable dura, I agree with that part too. If said scans are in the OP, then I am blind cuz I am missing them agree with everything.
In Part II. Nerissa's Revenge (Volume 2) Chapter 18: Fragments of Summer, Hay Lin actually is shown physically kicking one of Nerissa's henchmen (Middle right of the scan). This is important because said henchmen survived Nerissa's channeling the five powers of the Guardians through him which caused the volcano to erupt and it's shown they survived it without a scratch. But as we can see, Hay Lin didn't brake her leg and actually knocked him back.

Also, in the OP I added the evidence of them being just as powerful as the Avatar which could physically fight the Dark Mother who has Durability on the level of her attack potency.

So Bloom doesn't potentially one-shot Will, cool

This is a smaller detail, but even in the first volume it's noted that Will utilizes some form of physical combat to keep enemies away from herself so it wouldn't make sense if she was just kicking at people with 10-B level attacks

Anyways, I agree
It's true, there are moments of them attacking with physically strikes which wouldn't make sense to do if they had access to higher tier attacks and they are in serious situations.

Last edited:
Outsider to the series, but it should be fine from a quick read.

Since this has input from knowledgeable members and staff input. I'll close this and update the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back