• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Wiki Holy Grail Battle Royale Registration Thread

Edwellken

RP Elder
This is the registration thread for what should hopefully be a faster paced Holy Grail War. Based on and has the same rules as the vs wiki strange fake war, with one major difference. Once all the participants have been selected and characters made, they'll be thrown straight onto the battlefield just like any other battle royale. Since the rules for character creation are the same, I'll copy/paste them from the last thread.

"Rules for choosing NPs and Personal Skills: 3 of each. No restrictions on choice, except only one of the same skill can be chosen, by yourself or by someone else. You can choose what NP and Personal Skills you want, from who you want. However, any outright broken choices OR COMBOS will be vetoed (so no Potnia Theron / CCC / All the World's Desire / etc)

If you want, you can make a very slight alteration to the NP to make it more "your own", like slightly changing the effects to make them more in line with your character, and swapping out or improving aspects of it in exchange for lowered/removed other aspects, but any changes that make it significantly different / more powerful will also be vetoed."

Other standard rules can be found here, for the uninitiated.

I won't ban it, but generally try to avoid choosing abilities that may require very specific ways, or are otherwise nearly impossible to get around. Also avoid skills or abilities (or combinations of them) that allow for nearly instantaneous wins (In the battle royale format). This is all for fun after all. It wouldn't be very entertaining if one dude just murdered all the other contestants right off the bat.

As for the battle location, I'm open to suggestions.

In case you're unfamiliar with the series or you just want an organized list:

Noble Phantasms can be found here

Skills can be found here

Current participants:

Lancer: Babel
(TISSG7Redgrave)

Noble Phantasms: Ea, Gae Bolg, Gate of Babylo

Personal Skills: Eye of the Mind (True, A), Numeral of the Saint (EX), Protection from Arrows (A)

Class Skills: Magic Resistance (B)

Parameter: C Strength, C Endurance, A Agility, C Mana, E Luck, EX NP

Appearance: This guy, without the gun

Saber: Richard (Monarch Laciel)

Noble Phantasms: Crocea Mors, Phantasm Punishment (applied to Crocea Mors), Song of Grail (White, Wind and Rusted variants)

Personal Skills: Galvanism (A), Instinct ( A), Oni-Kind Demon (A, Flame Burst)

Class Skills: Magic Resistance (A), Riding (C)

Parameter: B Strength, B Endurance, B Agility, C Mana, B Luck, B+ NP

Appearance: This guy, but with Crocea Mors

Class: Berserker (Hizack)

Noble Phantasms: Kavacha and Kundala, God Hand, Ig-Alima

Personal Skills: Battle Continuatio (A), Mana Burst (Flames, A), Eye of the Mind (False, B)

Class Skills: Mad Enhancement (B)

Parameter: (Before Mad Enhancement) A Strength, C Endurance, B Agility, C Mana, C Luck, A NP

Archer: Rama (LlamaGod1411)

Noble Phantasms: Vishnu Bhuja, Chakravarti, Pashupata

Personal Skills: Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig, A Knight Does Not Die With Empty Hands, Divinity (A+)

Class Skills: Independent Action (B), Magic Resistance (B)

Parameter: A Strength, B Endurance, B Agility, B Mana, C Luck, A+ NP

Appearance: Rama but less naked with armor on

Caster: Faust (First Witch)

Noble Phantasms: Three Thousand Worlds (Faust), Uomo Universale (Faust), Nursery Rhyme

Personal Skills: Distortion (Avenger), Marksmanship (A+), Projection Magic (A)

Class Skills: Item Construction (A), Territory Creation (B), Avenger (B), EX NP

Parameter: D Strength, D Endurance, B Agility, A Mana, A Luck

Appearance: This dude

Foreigner: Brave (Andykhang)

Noble Phantasms: Reincarnation Pandora, Like a Soaring Drago, Abyssus Draconis

Personal Skills: Self-Modification (EX), Transformation(A), Clairvoyance (EX)

Class Skills: Existence Outside the Domain (EX), Divinity (B)

Parameter: B Strength, C Endurance, B Agility, B Mana, E Luck, EX NP

Appearance: A guy with a messy appearance

Assassin: Shimura Shinju (Reinhardthrowhisspear)

Noble Phantasms: Zabaniya: Delusional Heartbeat (Shimura), Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, Gae Bolg Alternative (Shimura)

Personal Skills: Clown's Laughter (A?), Empyrean Eye, Espionage (A++)

Class Skills: Presence Concealment (A+)

Parameter: E Strength, D Endurance, B Agility, C Mana, A Luck, EX NP

Appearance: This girl with Gae Bolg

Shielder: Alvarez Atlas (Blahblah9755)

Noble Phantasms: Pain Breaker, Akhilleus Kosmos, Lord Camelot

Personal Skills: Shvibzik, Protection from Andraste, Affections of the Holy Grail

Class Skills: Magic Resistance (A), Riding (C)

Parameter: C Strength, A Endurance, B Agility, B Mana, A Luck, A+ NP

Rider: Black Rider (Iapitus The Impaler)

Noble Phantasms: Death Comes to All (Sealed), Pursuing Ashen Mare, Requiem For Death

Personal Skills: Appearence of Doom, Evening Bell, Protection of the Underworld

Class Skills: Riding (A), Magic Resistance (B)

Parameter: C Strength, B Endurance, A Agility, C Mana, E Luck, B+ NP

Avenger: Kratos (Overlord775)

Noble Phantasms: Unlimited Blades works (Extra), Enkidu (Moon), Golden Armor

Personal Skills: Howl of the War God (A+), Monstrous Strength (A++), God Killer (A)

Class Skills: Avenger (B), Self-replenishment (B) Oblivion Correction (C?)

Parameter: A Strength, A Endurance, B Agility, C Mana, D Luck, A+ NP

Appearance: Kratos

EA, Gae and Gate of babylon.....FITE ME

(Skill later need to look)

Question

Can I use an ability from Nasuverse that isn't actually a Noble Phantasm, as my Noble Phantasm? Like for example (not using this, just an example) having ORT's Crystal Valley as one of them?

@Monarch

I'm not familiar with the specific example you used, but if you'd allow it in the other wars yourself, then sure. I honestly wouldn't be too opposed to people using abilities from other verses on the wiki if there were a way to quantifiably balance it within Nasu's mechanics. Assuming it isn't something too broken.

Edwellken said:
Sure, I don't see why not as long as others can feasibly deal with it.
Hrmmmmmm

Dunno about feasibly. Possible sure, feasible maybe not.

I'll just go with my back up.

One free attack woo woo

Combo it with Affections of the Holy Grail, and that becomes infinite free attacks as long as I'm in some life-threatening situation.

Class: Archer

NP: Ea, Gae bolg and GoB (Sue me)

Skills: Eye of the mind (A), Numberal of saint (EX), and Protection from arrows (A)

The Second Holy Grail War lost three of its members, two of which are now inactive.

The Strange Fake War is at a standstill waiting for someone who I still see commenting every now and then.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Class: Archer

NP: Ea, Gae bolg and GoB (Sue me)

Skills: Eye of the mind (A), Numberal of saint (EX), and Protection from arrows (A)
@edwellken ^

Ren Fujii said:
Class:Saber NPs:Ramesseum Tentrys, Excalibur Proto unsealed, Kavacha and Kundala

Skills:Mystic Eyes of Death Perception A, Empyrean Eye A, Lightless three stage thrust EX
Bitch I'm Saber

Also bruh. Some of the most powerful abilities in the series, and you grabbed them all.

Clearly I'm going to be making use of those affections

My turn.

NP:Kavacha and Kundala: O' Sun, Become Armor(fug u)God Hand: Twelve Labors(fug u fug u!) Ig-Alima: Green Field Cutting Through the Thousand Mountains(fug U!!!)

.....jk luv u ƒÿìƒÿìƒÿì

Edit:personal skills:Bravery A+, Mana Burst (Flames) rank:unknown (pls do tell me), Eye of the Mind (False) B

personal skills:Bravery A+, Mana Burst (Flames) rank:unknown (pls do tell me), Eye of the Mind (False) B

NP's : Vishnu Bhuja, Kavacha & Kundala, Gandiva.

Skills : Thrice Setting Sun, Knight of Owner(Makes sense with Vishnu Bhuja) & Divinity(A+)

Class : Not too sure

And Monarch, sorry. I did write out a reply there which got erased *_*. I commented on minor things after that, but I'm back full fleged now and will reply within an hour.

[Also, does Vswiki not let you post replies that are sitting unposted for hours together?]

@monarch should we implament some part of your rules such as enfer has to be shut off to attack and such?

@witch Also don't do knox 1-10 pls lolz

Class skills are always B

Broken combos are vetoed; as per usual. And anything combined with Immeasurable speed is generally broken.

Also, using an NP/skill someone else already has was banned last time.

I also don't approve of people using Skill versions of Noble Phantasms to give themselves extra Noble Phantasms, but in one of our last games I did that to give myself knight of owner, so it would be hypocritical of me to say no to it now. But 6 NPs is still a lot.

Mostly I don't approve of anything that is just "3 really powerful NPs and 3 really powerful skills". I like to see a bit of a theme in people's choices. Llama had that with his combo of Vishnu Bhuju and Knight of Owner.

But I'm not in charge this time round. All on you edwellken

@Llama I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about Blahblah. We're in the middle of a fight (and have been for several months) and he hasn't replied on it. But also, yeah the wiki does that, it just erases comments when you try to post them if you leave them unlisted for too long. Best way to be safe is to copy the comment before posting and refresh the page

I does said to save for this character the next time around, so I did. Who win the last one?

Name: Minea von Operion

Class: Rider

NP:

Gate of Operio(basically GoB, but sci-fi. Connect to Operion itself)

Rhongomyniad : Basically used both of it function as a untetherer and holder of reality if I want to used the combo.

Magna Voluisse Magnum: I would like to focus less on the "tree" part and more on the "nation building" part. Make it basically build a civilization in her time, and anything she touch will be upgraded with the advancement of her time.

Skill:

Imperial Privilege EX

Eternal Arms Mastership A+

Pioneer of the Star EX

Weapons (standard): A lance, with the Operion royal crest place on it side (double as an umbrella shield that could expand in size)

Combo: Signal Lance: Glory for Operion

Upon raising her lance, she immediately open the world to the era of Operion...literally.

The technology, culture, the civilization itself...all of it will be replaced by "the epitome of civilization", that's Operion. It would be more accurate to said that the signal lance itself remove the reality of this world, and substitute her own. A Reality Marble that not only displace, but replace reality, encroaching, absorbing and denying all form of "advancement" that's not their own, including even Magic and Mystery itself.

Upon activation, a gate will open, allowing the might of Operion to go in and invade, signaling the Era... and also it end, should the might be defeated. But since the might also include the Servant and the Spear itself, it may prove to be difficult.

(In RP, this NP can only summoned one private Fleet, and it would take months to fully colonized a planet)

Combo Ability (Trial):

Blessing of Beginning and End: A two-fold blessing that come from the messing of the spear of beginning and the spear of end. One of it function, is the ability to change one's age.

Eternal Privilege of the Star: Combo of Eternal Arms Mastership, Imperial Privilege and Pioneer of the Star. With it, she have the possibility to gain any skill she want, no matter the impossibility (the effort toward it is exponentially proportionate to the difficulty to gain it though. For some skill, it would take the length of the entire universe for her to have it fully).Also, skill she gain will not be lost, no matter from training or from this skill, as long as it's related to fighting. However, due to her mentality of fighting with every skill useful, the definition is very broad.

Appearance: An elegant lady in a fashionalized military general suit and hat, holding an umbrella that double as a lance.

Edit: Also, does see that someone take GoB already...could I have it? If not, I still have a ton of character to replace.

I remember seeing someone take Kavacha & Kundala. Can that person please drop that if possible? I'm going for an Indian-Themed Holy Grail war. Searching up for skills that compliment my NPs.

As for now, Divinity & KoO compliment my Vishnu Bhuja & Agni Gandiva. I'd like to think that Thrice Setting Sun is an allusion to the fact that Krisha as Arjuna's charioteer in The Kurukshetra War, saved his life multiple times.

As for my appearance, I'm a pretty tall individual(About 6'3" or so), Dark-Complexion(Krishna-Dark), in a casual T-shirt and tracks(to keep up with the modern world). As for what I'm holding, depends on my class.

Due to Gandiva, I'd be an archer since that is one of the stronger bows in mythos. With Vishnu Bhuja, I have a variety of weapons due to my divinity and can take up different classes.

Tho Archer would be preferred, due to Gandiva/Pashupata.

Back