• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the realest statement of them all. I have a major gripe with one verse here, because its supporters take every single line in it too literally to the point that the characters are so massively wanked it's not even funny. I'd like to revise the verse, but I'd have to sift through a lot of novels first, so it'll take a while.

But there lies yet another problem. "Flowery language" and "Metaphor" have been thrown around in this wiki so much that it has basically turned into a "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" situation, because now when you're confronted with a scan or statement that's clearly supposed to be flowery, people will just ignore you and claim you have no argument, forcing you and them to go through multiple mental gymnastics just to prove that the statement shouldn't be taken at face-value.
a sad reality of being a battleboarder

This is the realest statement of them all. I have a major gripe with one verse here, because its supporters take every single line in it too literally to the point that the characters are so massively wanked it's not even funny. I'd like to revise the verse, but I'd have to sift through a lot of novels first, so it'll take a while.

But there lies yet another problem. "Flowery language" and "Metaphor" have been thrown around in this wiki so much that it has basically turned into a "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" situation, because now when you're confronted with a scan or statement that's clearly supposed to be flowery, people will just ignore you and claim you have no argument, forcing you and them to go through multiple mental gymnastics just to prove that the statement shouldn't be taken at face-value.
My favorite example of Flowery Language is this.
"Unrivaled" in Agility and Attack Power but he's never called the strongest man in-verse or anything.
Good thing the people in the verse I support aren't THAT stupid/hungry for H6A profiles.

Again, surface area, and it would have to take into account of how resistant they are piercing damage like if they're bulletproof for an example
In an ideal world, one's minimum resistance to piercing damage would be their AP divided by the surface area of an equally strong opponent's fist, assuming they aren't bloodying their skin with each hit.

But Writer's Cannot Do Math and normal people subscribe to Bellisario's Maxim, so Goku can be hurt by bullets for some reason.

There is if you use enough of it. 6-B being melted by a regular fire is weird, but if it's like a 3,000,000,000 degree condensed plasma torch it'll pass
6-B melted by regular fire is normal

Bro... Fix your mindset 🙉 I can't handle this... Ask someone else or something if you wanna know why

3pw363-525493742.png

I will not tolerate Vampire Hunter D slander in this household Shmooply.

I'm sending you to the Chinese gulag with Pokemonfan, he can tell you how much he loves China and Asian culture for the rest of eternity.
You can't hide the truth from the masses, Deceived. I will let it spread while I use the knowledge Pokemonfan gave me to create an accurate Chinese mythos-themed urban fantasy setting.
Pokemonfan isn't even a fan of it.
Mans straight up lied in his username.
Y'all have some strange BDSM level obsessions, not gonna kink shame tho if some type of cruel and unusual punishment is your thing well go right on ahead I won't judge.

Continues to judge you for your foolishness.

The VSWiki brainrot shit is hella real icl.

I'm in the process of trying to write a story now, not very far into it, and ALREADY I have to physically will myself not to write down some dumb ass powerscaling bullshit or describe feats in uncanny detail even when no normal writer would spend the time describing the radius and depth of a Crater down to the decimal point.

This site does the exact same thing, except instead of narrative tools it's completely irrelevant stuff from a story perspective like crater fragmentation and explosion size. And being hyper aware of this is especially bad when trying to actually write a story.
That's why my OC's main gimmick is dura negation via punching holes in space time, since it forces the narrative to not rely on physical growth as a metric for character progression.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back