• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, I'm just mentally unstable and don't feel like dealing with stress :)
demon.gif

I am here.... Because..... 🤔 why am I here? Probably because I can ... Man I really don't know

I could become a pro boxer, pro footballer.... Or do anything else with my talents yet I'm here 🤔 I'm a true genius yet I'm here being around low of low humans who don't want to think to themselves and are scared... Man, I think I need to find some people... Very strong people, which is insanely hard to find...

When users use capital letters when talking about fictional characters considered in-universe as gods and whatever, it just feels dumb.

There should be a CRT when creating new profiles, or a CCT (Content Creation Thread). Idk if it has been employed now.
Unpopular verses getting less traction is sad, but that's just how things go. Better that than a kinda popular verse that doesn't have many active members getting obliterated by terrible CRTs.
IIRC CRT for new profiles is only if
tier 1
controversial abilities and stats such as
HDM/HDE
CM Type 1
Immeasurable/Infinite Speed
TD
BDE
NEP
Plot Manip
Regeneration in Mid-Godly to High-Godly
Supernatural Luck
Introducing a verse

I remember Antv deleting the same profile I made even twice if it is well presented because Supernatural luck reasoning is kinda insufficient so I just outright removed it

I kinda want to delete some profiles so I can just remake them because their abilities aren't really controversial. it's just that getting CRT to conclude takes time than making one

Which is why you should try switching to a dark background and I also combine it with zooming in on window photos and even do full screen on windows which will put everything around it at pitch black which makes it much more noticeable

That works for me 🙈

I am once again saying this pet peeve I've mentioned here multiple times.

I hate talking to people who can barely form coherent sentences.

In educational institutions, students are taught how to convey ideas into words. More words form phrases, and then sentences, and then a paragraph. Capitalization and punctuations help structuring your words. Subject, verbs, predicates, nouns, pronouns, every language has its own version of these and it's something tackled since first grade.

So I'm not sure if this form of "communication" is from the internet, tiktok, or Discord, or maybe I am talking to a 6 year old. But it's just so very, very... tiresome. Especially if it's on CRTs. It's like some people don't really speak English, and they just run words on Google Translate and post it on the forum. It's exhausting arguing with these users when you would have to decipher how little meaning there is in their comments before you have to write your own reply.

Is essay-writing not a thing in some places on Earth?

I'm not even talking about speaking formally. Just about talking properly, like a normal person, trying to convey your ideas and information to another person. Is it really that difficult?

Because NGL, there are users here that talk like they're having an aneurysm or dementia. No coherence or cohesion in their replies, it goes all over the place. Or is it some sort of new debate strategy? Via confusing the other party by talking like an absolute moron? I don't know, I don't care, I'll just treat it carefully as always. But by the love of all deities, I'd rather avoid conversing with someone who's less eloquent than AI bots.

At least this isn't that common in this forum, but still.

TBH the site is a bit too lenient on discussion in that regard ironically, other forums would just ban users out of that kind of issues, as they're inherently complicate things, even if that may not be the intention.

TBH the site is a bit too lenient on discussion in that regard ironically, other forums would just ban users out of that kind of issues, as they're inherently complicate things, even if that may not be the intention.
i think banning someone just because of incoherent sentences and bad English is a wee bit too much imho

but if they didn't improve then it's all fair i suppose

Last edited:
Well, grammatical mistakes and blatant "blending" with another language is one thing, it's another thing when things go to almost word salad or users clearly are relying on a machine translator to interact at all.

Yeah. Grammatical mistakes are fine unless it's egregious enough that you can't convey ideas at all. It's common to make mistakes.

The problem when there is basically no syntax, or no cohesion.
The former means you'd have to expend unnecessary effort translating what they are actually trying to say.
The latter means the discussion can easily derail because the commenter can't keep comments intact to the main topic, and instead it branches out to other subjects or even nonsensical drivels.

I'm not too sure how to handle it either. If you point it out, there's a chance they get offended and then they don't really improve their manner of communicating. So your best course of action is to be patient and steer the course of the conversation back on track, and/or let the driveling user identify what's wrong with their comment by themselves. But not everyone has that kind of patience, hence fights happen.

I legit think some people that are stonewalling via making threads unnecessarily longer, might just doing it unintentionally, because they can't keep on topic.

Humans being biased I see 😴 human communication is trash and that's a fact

Typing like this... I think I found...

Shit I don't know what to type 🙈 but what I know is that I don't type properly I think and I could if I really wanted to but I see others understanding me more with the way I type personally 🤷‍♂️🙈

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back