• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg that guy got knocked out by the anime neckslap!!! 1000x AP difference at minimum!!!

imo one-shotting by knocking out is way overrated, since most of the time it's done by hitting the head/chin/neck or making the other character faint from pain with a gut/liver/kidney punch, wich is easily accomplishable even without an AP difference even irl depending on skill level/if the other character braced for the hit/where it landed/the other character's pain tolerance and so forth.

You're deadass going off of assumptions lol. What I said there could imply many things.
It could except for this:

You dropped the topic after this, so if you weren’t asking me to go onto Netflix to check the feat, why were you sad when I refused to do so, and then ended the conversation without proposing your hypothetical “other implications” from your previous post?

It could except for this:

You dropped the topic after this, so if you weren’t asking me to go onto Netflix to check the feat, why were you sad when I refused to do so, and then ended the conversation without proposing your hypothetical “other implications” from your previous post?

1. Half-joke.
2. I would have given you episode and the timestamp.

omg that guy got knocked out by the anime neckslap!!! 1000x AP difference at minimum!!!

imo one-shotting by knocking out is way overrated, since most of the time it's done by hitting the head/chin/neck or making the other character faint from pain with a gut/liver/kidney punch, wich is easily accomplishable even without an AP difference even irl depending on skill level/if the other character braced for the hit/where it landed/the other character's pain tolerance and so forth.
Planning on making a Johnny Test vs Fairy Tale matchup soon, so hopefully I won't fall into the same trap.

Kinda hard to do that when hardly anyone cared about cartoons here. It's either anime or vidya games.
As the only true supporter of one of my favorite cartoons (Johnny Test), I understand your pain.

I have to basically choose popular anime verses just to get some traction on matchups. It sucks fr.

Has there ever been a time where you thought a specific feat would yield good results, but when the calc comes out it's much lower than expected?
d69.jpg

A recent thing I've seen happen that's particularly annoying to me is how people just say "it's my opinion!!1!" without even putting in the effort to explain how so-and-so character would win in a fight against his/her opponent. Come on, the whole point of a Vs debate is to analyze each opponent's abilities to see who would win over the other. Even Death Battle knows that, and their matchups are usually stomps.

Has there ever been a time where you thought a specific feat would yield good results, but when the calc comes out it's much lower than expected?
I had the reverse. I wanted to downgrade a tier to 5-C for destroying the moon.

Who would have thought having fragments of it launched into the earth in fast succession would make it 5-A 🗿

tried to get the luminosity of the sun stand from jojos lighting up everything within sight to where it looked like day despite being night and the guy who tried it somehow got 8-B, people in the comments pointed out mistakes in the calc though and every other calc ive seen for it has ranged from large town to large mountain (unsure if any of them are correct)

When people express scaling chains in the most exaggerated way possible.
Benis (Casually one-shots)>>>>>>>>> Cenis (superior to)>>>>>>> Denis (incomparably superior to) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fenis (way stronger) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Genis (did the feat)

Then you watch the show and most fights were mid diffs with the upscaling characters being very vaguely superior to one another.
To add on to this, the mfs who make these convoluted ahh scaling chains be so proud of themselves, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back