• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike when a page starts with a "The" in its title, it becomes far more generic, often it's not even a part of the actual name and just a "sentence complement", and I have to remember more of the title to find the thing in question.

I dislike when a page starts with a "The" in its title, it becomes far more generic, often it's not even a part of the actual name and just a "sentence complement", and I have to remember more of the title to find the thing in question.
The Sentry would like to know your location

Checking a character's profile and seeing that they have resistance to physical damage. Damnit, man, where's the ODDLY ALLURING BLUE TEXT WITH A GIFT (read: a link) INSIDE OF IT. I don't wanna see plain old text that just says they resist blunt stuff or whatever. I'm also sure as shit not making a thread or whatever that changes this resistance to be minor Damage Reduction instead because wasting your time applying such a miniscule change to several profiles on the wiki is dumb.

Though I do find it a bit weird that Coolboy's threads were closed, while my waifu threads were never closed (in fact, they have hundreds of comments).

I guess it's because Coolboy is a bit too explicit with his threads and tags (I mean bro literally put "I Get No Bitches" as one of his tags).

Gay staff members deciding to close my thread for being down bad
I will reiterate; staff closing shit for no apparent reason other than "Yeah no".

Just let people have fun ffs.
You're telling me you wouldn't close a thread that essentially reads as follows:

"Hello, I am Coolboy, and I would do unsavory things to Twilight Sparkle."

Is that really the type of fun you people want to be having here of all places, ha.

I was just making a general statement that there's nothing wrong with having a little fun.

Plus, why did Coolboy's thread get closed, but my waifu threads didn't? Just curious on that.

It's not you, it's someone else. Though, people who agree with having degenerates in their community tend to b-
Wait, this is a Fun & Games thread, not a thread where I can rant about furries.
I'll give Coolboy the benefit of the doubt and hope to God that he was talking about Twilight's human version (which is still kinda weird).

You're telling me you wouldn't close a thread that essentially reads as follows:

"Hello, I am Coolboy, and I would do unsavory things to Twilight Sparkle."

Is that really the type of fun you people want to be having here of all places, ha.
I mean I didn't really read the thread. My pet peeve(which was made multiple posts before Coolboy's) pertained to other situations. And even then, I'm more so referring to the fact that usually no reason is blatantly stated for the closing of these threads, not the closing themselves.

So if Coolboy did indeed talk about wanting to stick his dick in a pony, yeah, that's questionable.

It infuriates me to no end when I'm working on a blog for either a calculation or a character profile, and I get all of my thoughts out in a concise and a well structured manner, and then I go to another tab for a second, come back to type something with an 'e', and then the page refreshes back into the Editor screen, deleting all of my progress.

Plus, why did Coolboy's thread get closed, but my waifu threads didn't? Just curious on that.
Link them and maybe I can find a reason for them to be! 🔨

Or do we want to address the elephant in the room and acknowledge that Coolboy's threads tend to be more sexually charged in nature, ha.

It infuriates me to no end when I'm working on a blog for either a calculation or a character profile, and I get all of my thoughts out in a concise and a well structured manner, and then I go to another tab for a second, come back to type something with an 'e', and then the page refreshes back into the Editor screen, deleting all of my progress.
Sucks to be you🤡

Link them and maybe I can find a reason for them to be! 🔨

Or do we want to address the elephant in the room and acknowledge that Coolboy's threads tend to be more sexually charged in nature, ha.
That's pretty much what I was thinking.

My waifu threads were far more tame in nature compared to Coolboy's, so I guess that makes sense.

Even then, I had a discussion with a thread moderator about the thread. Luckily they approved of it and both threads are still up.

Honestly if yall staff mofos would just explain that in the thread itself before closing it then we wouldn't be having issues. 🗿
Sure, but I think in specific instances like that it wouldn't take a little more than asking the question to yourself.

Sure, but I think in specific instances like that it wouldn't take a little more than asking the question to yourself.
Again, didn't read that specific thread, so if Coolboy did indeed promote sexual stuff a bit to much, yeah, it's self-explanatory, but sometimes it ain't obvious, and in those situations we'd all like a non-2 word explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back