• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

You're irrelevant /s

No, but seriously. You're talking about a pet peeve thread, not some kind of actual CRT to change it. There's literally nothing you can do to change my mind on this. I find it to be a dumb rating. I know what the wiki says about it, but I don't find it compelling in the slightest.

Especially when the next tier up doesn't give a shit about what it lays down.

I swear, people who prefer this is sick
african-man-with-oxygen-support-in-hospital-room-picture-id1312641893

This pet peeve is more of a skill issue, but whenever I see outlandish/crazy threads, I always seem to get to them after they're closed. There was a DBS Goku VS Saul Goodman one that I was only able to view because it was already closed by the time I noticed.

The fact that abilties which blantantly don't dura neg in verses are treated as Dura neg because they are Space/Concept/Soul/etc manipulation here and are sometimes used to give large amounts of a verse resistence to half the abilties on the wiki

I have another pet peeve: Stomp or Be Stomped characters. Either they stomp the character you put them up against, or get stomped. It's near impossible to find a good match for them.
Any character with high levels of hax apply to this.

If you can't counter their hax, they stomp.

If you're able to counter their hax, you stomp.

There's no gray area.

Any character with high levels of hax apply to this.

If you can't counter their hax, they stomp.

If you're able to counter their hax, you stomp.

There's no gray area.
Literally this with the Garou VS The Sentry thread I made. Sentry had Type 4 Immortality and High regen, so Garou's radiation meant jack-squat, and he has an answer for pretty much everything Garou has at his disposal.

On the flip side, if I tried to find another Marvel 3-C character to pit against him, they might get stomped because they don't exist Garou's insane radiation, and it's gotten to been the point where doing matches with that key of Garou is a dead end in general.

Literally this with the Garou VS The Sentry thread I made. Sentry had Type 4 Immortality and High regen, so Garou's radiation meant jack-squat, and he has an answer for pretty much everything Garou has at his disposal.

On the flip side, if I tried to find another Marvel 3-C character to pit against him, they might get stomped because they don't exist Garou's insane radiation, and it's gotten to been the point where doing matches with that key of Garou is a dead end in general.
Solution: Used the based Hero Hunter Garou.

The only valid key of Garou.

Writer: Hmmm, my character doesn’t have much feats. Time to spice things up, I bet the fans will love this.

Fans: HOLY DAMN! Did you see that feat [REDACTED] performed?

Writer: Well those were some positive reactions. I don't want to get ahead of myself and focus on feats. I'll do them very few and far between from now on.

Some random VS site: Yo, what do we do with this feat? Idk, seems like an outlier. Yeah it only happened like, 3 times. Obviously an outlier and not consistent in any capacity. Ok, let's not use it then.

Writer:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⡾⠏⠉⠙⠳⢦⡀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠞⠉⠙⠲⡀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣴⠿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⡀⠀⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢷
⠀⠀⢠⣟⣋⡀⢀⣀⣀⡀⠀⣀⡀⣧⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⢸⣯⡭⠁⠸⣛⣟⠆⡴⣻⡲⣿⠀⣸⠀⠀OK⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⣟⣿⡭⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⣿⠀⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⠙⢿⣯⠄⠀⠀⠀⢀⡀⠀⠀⡿⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣶⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠃⠀⠀⠘⠤⣄⣠⠞⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⡦⢤⡤⢤⣞⣁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢀⣤⣴⣿⣏⠁⠀⠀⠸⣏⢯⣷⣖⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢀⣾⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⠛⢲⣶⣾⢉⡷⣿⣿⠵⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣼⣿⠍⠉⣿⡭⠉⠙⢺⣇⣼⡏⠀⠀⠀⣄⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣧⣀⣿.........⣀⣰⣏⣘⣆⣀⠀⠀

Writer: Hmmm, my character doesn’t have much feats. Time to spice things up, I bet the fans will love this.

Fans: HOLY DAMN! Did you see that feat [REDACTED] performed?

Writer: Well those were some positive reactions. I don't want to get ahead of myself and focus on feats. I'll do them very few and far between from now on.

Some random VS site: Yo, what do we do with this feat? Idk, seems like an outlier. Yeah it only happened like, 3 times. Obviously an outlier and not consistent in any capacity. Ok, let's not use it then.

Writer:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⡾⠏⠉⠙⠳⢦⡀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠞⠉⠙⠲⡀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣴⠿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⡀⠀⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢷
⠀⠀⢠⣟⣋⡀⢀⣀⣀⡀⠀⣀⡀⣧⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⢸⣯⡭⠁⠸⣛⣟⠆⡴⣻⡲⣿⠀⣸⠀⠀OK⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⣟⣿⡭⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⣿⠀⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⠙⢿⣯⠄⠀⠀⠀⢀⡀⠀⠀⡿⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣶⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠃⠀⠀⠘⠤⣄⣠⠞⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⡦⢤⡤⢤⣞⣁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢀⣤⣴⣿⣏⠁⠀⠀⠸⣏⢯⣷⣖⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢀⣾⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⠛⢲⣶⣾⢉⡷⣿⣿⠵⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣼⣿⠍⠉⣿⡭⠉⠙⢺⣇⣼⡏⠀⠀⠀⣄⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣧⣀⣿.........⣀⣰⣏⣘⣆⣀⠀⠀
Yeah. Do you know how bad it would be if you had someone in a hero capacity performing life-wiping feats constantly? That'd break the lore of the story, more than likely.

The fact that abilties which blantantly don't dura neg in verses are treated as Dura neg because they are Space/Concept/Soul/etc manipulation here and are sometimes used to give large amounts of a verse resistence to half the abilties on the wiki
Not always. It's basically a common theme in every Undertale thread that someone has to say that Undertale Soul Manip doesn't insta-kill.

I don't know where else this happens but it's still pretty nice

Not always. It's basically a common theme in every Undertale thread that someone has to say that Undertale Soul Manip doesn't insta-kill.

I don't know where else this happens but it's still pretty nice
Yeah but Undertale is the exception there, I know it happens a few other times but not very many

Someone using the "I'm only human" excuse in a discussion or debate.
"Oh? Two other staff agree that this doesn't qualify as some OP hax? Well, even they're sometimes wrong."
"What's that? A calc group member says that the calc checks out? Well, bring them out of the salt mines they work in, so they can evaluate the math of the calc for the fifth time!"

**** off.

RVR thread is a mess and another reason not to break rules just so you don't have to deal with the BS here. One will scream GIVE EM A PERMA meanwhile all you did was call someone an ass twice and that's it. Kinda glad they started making permabans less common.

Idk why Anos doesn't have one of the newer power and ability formats. It's painful trying to read through all of it. Especially on mobile. Hopefully, the supporters of the verse will change it in the future.

Maybe they're not knowledgeable on both characters and are just waiting for the other side to respond?
In most instances that is the case and I get that, what I'm mainly talking about is if they don't respond to arguments when the other side has already responded.

Back