• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

What do you mean? Everyone loves references. Don’t you just love cluttering up your pages and edits? Especially when it’s the multiple reference code (ref name=“”/>) where it takes up twice as much space. You don’t love those?

But seriously yeah they’re annoying to deal with unless you can copy and paste them but they’re pretty important when it comes to listing feats since it makes finding them easier

A good way to not deal with the reference system's bullshit is to first write where is the scan from at the start of any sentence, I learned this from an user here. I still use it because it makes the profiles look nicer and stand out more.

References. It's only my 2nd time when I have to add them and I already despise them will all my being. just remove them so no one has to suffer ever again
i second this. and uh also trying to add a reference for the most very obvious thing that somehow doesn't need a scan to prove.

but hey it gives me assurance people won't just call my claim as capping

I remember seeing it in many pages where they just link scans on the explanation for the abilities or the sentences of the skill feats. Which makes me wonder why we even need references to begin with.
In case the source of the scan in question is put on place or if the source itself is lost, this especially applies to off-site links.

Several cases rely on galleries from off-site places like Imgur, and this is a sort of compromise as it's either that or forbidding any off-site linking, which is even more impractical to say the least. Having sources is also a good formality of any wiki to begin with.

I seldomly upload scans in vswiki because of how ridiculously slow it can be.
So yeah best to only upload scans that are very crucial for verse

Okay but you have a problem like myself where you've memorized the specific events of each individual chapter of a series, you can add 5 references in the time it takes to link one imgur post

Okay but you have a problem like myself where you've memorized the specific events of each individual chapter of a series, you can add 5 references in the time it takes to link one imgur post
lmao sometimes i post in the description of each picture in the album the reference as well and just do [1][2][3][4][5] for more reference on a single album

The one thing that annoys me the most is the fact that they downgrade some verses to hell and put characters like Sans into tier 10 physically.

Since when did we ever see Sans fighting someone physically without using his magic?

References is necessary and helpful, and practiced in most well-maintained wikis.

I understand how they can be annoying though. But some of the points brought forward here highlights the benefits of using references. There are also verses that would benefit greatly with it, such as long-running series or verses that doesn't really put off-site images in their profiles, like My Hero Academia.

But it is indeed a pain in the ass especially if you're not used to it.

The problem is not that references are bad, no they are good, they are amazing and good for the future. The problem is Fandom's shitty editor that makes it really really hard to add them sometimes. I haven't had this many problems with other wikis like main Wikipedia. But this... They need to put a bit more effort into their editors. Shit sucks

Speaking of editing stuff on Fandom. Mobile editing is just a clusterfuck. Stuff takes 10x as much time as it would take on a pc because the editor won't stay still whatsoever and will just constantly scroll up or down when you just want to scroll down and save the damn edit. Also highlighting stuff will either highlight the wrong thing or highlight the entire damn page depending entirely on the number of centimeters you move your finger.

Speaking of editing stuff on Fandom. Mobile editing is just a clusterfuck. Stuff takes 10x as much time as it would take on a pc because the editor won't stay still whatsoever and will just constantly scroll up or down when you just want to scroll down and save the damn edit. Also highlighting stuff will either highlight the wrong thing or highlight the entire damn page depending entirely on the number of centimeters you move your finger.
Solution: Don't edit on mobile, bozo.

I really hate the view that if something is debunked or rejected the first time around, it suddenly will always be viewed as incorrect despite new evidence or arguments.
This, this, THIS! The moment I see an argument come in with new evidence and the immediate response is "this has been rejected already, so no" it really irks me

Another pet peeve of mine (that's really no-one's fault) is the unintentional double standards of verses dependant on popularity, accessibility and history when it comes to CRTs.

I've lost count the number of times I've seen CRTs go through or get rejected with maybe one (at most two) mods approval due to the verse being niche/obscure among the mods and normies alike while the discussion barely breaks one page and lasts couple of days at most. This is further exasperated by the verse supporters/opponents FRA train'in the OPs points. Additionally the verse in question having an infamous/unsavoury reputation often discourages most from making counterpoints.

Yet IF the verse is well known among both the mods and normies alike while also having that iconic appeal, the CRT can become a slog-fest going on for several pages and lasting weeks which drains everyone involved until a resolution is found. Being an iconic franchise also comes with the additional caveat of getting scrutinised more than other verses by all corners of the Vs community (not just on VSBW). In this case verse supporters/opponents kinda have to fight hard in order to avoid getting drowned out or ignored.

Essentially what I'm saying is, can we really trust our own ratings when its somewhat dependant on CRT engagement rather than the quality of the discussion?

E.g:

*An obscure verse wants to be upgraded to tier 4, one mod admits to knowing nothing about the verse but seemly agrees with the OP. The upgrade goes through without too much issue.

Vs

*An ironic verse wants to be upgraded to tier 4, multiple mods with variable amounts of knowledge about the verse in question discuss and engage with the OPs points. The upgrade goes through after an extensive long debate and not without a few major issues.

I do not know the solution to this pet peeve but it's always bothered me tbh.

Last edited:
Rakudai Kishi No Cavalry profiles. I don't like them. Most of the irrelevant characters are formatted subpar if not horribly and also a lot of information comes from fan translated volumes. There are very few profiles that I like that use fan translations. Also, the verse lacks scans, and trying to understand their speed scaling is a pain in the ass. Especially when it gets to FTL stuff. Although it's cool to see the characters in relatively high tiers when it comes to AP and speed, they look mediocre at best which is pretty disappointing.

honestly, the verse should just be deleted and remade with the officially translated source material but I'm too lazy to do that

yhbQlme.png

Is it wrong to hope

Back