• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I love how yall were told to stop talking, just to have an entire convo. Someone nuke every unneeded comment (Except mine because im cool), or can a mod officially tell me to shut up lol
Wrong thread my guy-

It's not limited to those getting reported. There are people that are essentially backseat moderating in the RVR thread, and at first it's fine since anyone who has a meaningful thing to say can comment on any thread, but they eventually become the ones who clutter the thread with miscellaneous conversations too.

Then a mod or two will tell them to stop. Then a few weeks or months later, I open the RVR thread and they're at it again.

Sometimes these users learn too, since I've seen some of them being the ones who tell people to stop cluttering the RVR thread. The turntables and all that, I guess?

There are people that are essentially backseat moderating in the RVR thread, and at first it's fine since anyone who has a meaningful thing to say can comment on any thread, but they eventually become the ones who clutter the thread with miscellaneous conversations too.
INB4:
People really need to control themselves, or bother to just read in silence.
Especially if it's the same offenders who clutter the RVR thread. No offense to anyone who felt attacked by that.
But it's funny. Kinda like that one Simpsons meme.
The irony. But i've become the one derailing so ig we're all fools in the end.

Yeah I already have a pet peeve related to that that I shared in this thread long ago: comments that utterly lack any coherent, logical thought.

Oh come on, it was a joke that he complained about mini modders that end up cluttering, when mini modding himself, and then cluttering the rvr. Yall need to loosen up lol.

It's a nonsensical joke, because I'm neither mini modding nor am I cluttering.
I'm at a pet peeves thread in the fun and games section, sharing and discussing my pet peeves while having fun, and conversing with other people.

You just randomly decided to butt in and call that ironic, when it isn't. Incoherent comments gets called incoherent, simple as that. It would've made sense if we're in the RVR thread though. Or if I'm dictating people what to do.

If I struck a nerve, then sorry I guess?

In other news, I found another pet peeve of mine: jokes that makes no sense (to me).

I haven't commented in the RVR thread for at least months, might even be over a year.

I mentioned a pet peeve of mine about people using the RVR thread like a discord chatroom.

So... what exactly is ironic about that?

Reminds me that I have a lot of pet peeves. Another one is dragged out, awkward and nonsensical conversations. It happens in debates too, though in that context I guess it's gonna be called stonewalling in most cases.

Anyway,

I think outerversal is an overrated, boring tier. It is the tier that nearly everyone is trying to get or wants their character to be at, including myself back when I was new and inexperienced in powerscaling. Not to say the tier is bad or any character that is 1-A is bad. It is just that everyone seeks out the mighty label of "Outerverse level" way too much, and it is only worse with High 1-A and the elusive Tier 0. It also seems to have the most asinine arguments too, like I unironically know an infamous YouTuber who deadass tried to argue Chucky from Child's Play to be 1-A because of fictional transcendence, that "fictional transcendence" being that he implied himself to be capable of defeating real world wrestlers. Should be obvious how this is dumb.

Oh, it's a variant of the prevalent pet peeve most sensible people have: Battleboarders' obsession with the highest possible interpretation of their favorite characters' statistics.

Really defeats the purpose of the wiki, which is to index accurate information about fictional characters' combat statistics, which is what a wiki does lol.

Though yeah I think people's obsession with Tier 1 deserves to be called out specifically.

That's why I just kind of go with whatever tier I think fits the story. If I'm writing, say, a Sherlock-esque detective story that features traveling through and correcting anomalies in time via a time machine (an idea I've had for a while, actually), there's really no reason for Sherlock to go any higher than 9-C or 9-B physically. A 4-B Sherlock would be downright nonsensical. Now, I could brag and say that's the "strongest Sherlock Holmes", but I'd honestly cringe seeing that if there isn't a good reason for it or if it destroys the setting/plot/suspension of disbelief in the process.

I unironically know an infamous YouTuber who deadass tried to argue Chucky from Child's Play to be 1-A because of fictional transcendence, that "fictional transcendence" being that he implied himself to be capable of defeating real world wrestlers. Should be obvious how this is dumb.
Ew what.

I hate how people outside of VSBW often don't know what the standards for 1-A or tier 1, and tend to think transcendence of any kind equates to tier 1. I think that's where the hate and confusion comes from

but I'd honestly cringe seeing that if there isn't a good reason for it or if it destroys the setting/plot/suspension of disbelief in the process.
Oh boy, same here.

The last time I called out something like that here though, someone who appears to be a long-tenured user went at my throat, told me to quit VSBW and battleboarding in general, and then proceeded to rant about Dragon Ball.
Though obviously it's all in the past. Just saying that in these cases, most times you have to pick the battles that are worth it.

There are many users here who share the same sentiments, blue names or normal users. At times wiki profiles really turn into far beyond just caricatures of the actual characters they are supposed to represent. They get inflated to the point that they become unrecognizable.

Ew what.

I hate how people outside of VSBW often don't know what the standards for 1-A or tier 1, and tend to think transcendence of any kind equates to tier 1. I think that's where the hate and confusion comes from
Yeah, and with the case of like fictional transcendence, the whole thing falls apart if you apply even the slightest of logic to it. Ignoring that it is impossible for fictional characters to actual interact with us real humans, we are 3-D beings. Pretty damn stupid for a character to obtain power beyond the concept of dimensions by interacting with 3-D beings.

I still die a bit on the inside when I still see people arguing 1-A because of platonic concepts outside VSBW oof

Oh boy, same here.

The last time I called out something like that here though, someone who appears to be a long-tenured user went at my throat, told me to quit VSBW and battleboarding in general, and then proceeded to rant about Dragon Ball.
Though obviously it's all in the past. Just saying that in these cases, most times you have to pick the battles that are worth it.

There are many users here who share the same sentiments, blue names or normal users. At times wiki profiles really turn into far beyond just caricatures of the actual characters they are supposed to represent. They get inflated to the point that they become unrecognizable.
Yeah. If a verse/character is genuinely Tier 1, power to them. But I don't care for really inflating ratings. If it fits the story to give them a high rating, do it. Scaling is a storytelling device, in a way. Or at least it should be. I think people tend to forget that.

I still die a bit on the inside when I still see people arguing 1-A because of platonic concepts outside VSBW oof
Be happy that you aren't in Discord servers that have people who unironically argue the sperm whale from Moby Dick to be outerversal for that sort of thing. But mixed with some religion crosscaling!

Be happy that you aren't in Discord servers that have people who unironically argue the sperm whale from Moby Dick to be outerversal for that sort of thing. But mixed with some religion crosscaling!
I think powerscaling is subjective, and I think I'm a bit relaxed when it comes to that, after all this is just a hobby for most of us, but this sort of thing, alongside fictional transcendence cross the line for me, a bit much to believe.

This sort of mindset and argument making does seem to be a phase thing that a lot of users go through, so hopefully the guy who made that 1-A Moby Dick argument is now doing better.

Moby Dick
EAc1Gq_U0AABymV.png:large

My desire for tier 1 is immense that i bided my time for my favorite franchise to progress for 2 years or more and thats actually worth the wait cause they already provided ample information to even scale haxes and become completely solid.

So, there is this "feature" in this forum's texbox.
If you start typing in bold, but you want the next word to not be bold, it gets difficult because the insertion point rolls back to make what you type all bold anyways.
It doesn't happen all the time. To me, it happens in stuff like:
I will try to type
Shizue Izawa: Superhuman (xxx)
But what happens is that after I press (space) after the bolded Superhuman word, the insertion point rolls back and then it becomes a somewhat tedious task to get (xxx) not in bold. Sometimes the insertion point does not roll back, but when I press (space) the bold is activated anyways.
So it just becomes
Shizue Izawa: Superhuman (xxx)

Yeah that's a pet peeve of mine. Makes me want to raise some 69 meter giants and stomp on millions of little children.

I was trying to compose a Stamina revision CRT for Slime Isekai in my sandbox but this function frustrated me so much I started biting my hand until I ripped my flesh off.

I mean seriously, why does that even happen? Why is this a thing? Whoever invented this little quirk should forever have their wiki calculations result in something they don't desire. Like always 100 tons below expected outcome.

Last edited:
Back